Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What's a random thing that scares you?

Wookietim

Horses. HORSES. Filthy demon-beasts good for nothing but being reduced into glue or turned into sausages. Horrible creatures.

tumblr_le0o44eab81qb3jav.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

On Friday, September 28, 2012 at 4:34 PM, and then said:

A ringing phone middle of night.

I also have to agree with this one.It is because you do not expect it so it scares the crap out of you and it usually means bad news.

• Like 3

idiots are everywhere......and everywhere their are idiots......

• Like 1

Spielberg's masterpiece Jaws scared the crap out of me as a kid...wouldn't even sit in the tub for a good while haha I do enjoy watching shows about sharks but I'm terrified of ending up in shark infested waters...looking through a keyhole and have some creepy freak staring back at you would also be totally unacceptable.

Eating food cooked by old people...Ok it doesn't scare me but it grosses me out because I always think that their age has made them lost nerves in the facial area so they won't feel when they drool right into the pots and pans.

• Like 2

Since I have very little muscle mass, I have a fear that people are just randomly going to beat me up when I least expect it as I wouldn't be strong enough to stop that from happening. Sometimes even a sudden (but harmless) swing of an arm by a friend gets me to make an attempt to shield myself.

Another weird fear of mine is being haunted. It's weird to admit but while I'm extremely interested in the paranormal, the thought of being haunted creeps me out.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On Tuesday, August 29, 2017 at 10:38 PM, Klownzilla said:

Spielberg's masterpiece Jaws scared the crap out of me as a kid...wouldn't even sit in the tub for a good while haha I do enjoy watching shows about sharks but I'm terrified of ending up in shark infested waters...looking through a keyhole and have some creepy freak staring back at you would also be totally unacceptable.

Eating food cooked by old people...Ok it doesn't scare me but it grosses me out because I always think that their age has made them lost nerves in the facial area so they won't feel when they drool right into the pots and pans.

I think Jaws scared a lot of kids,i know it scared me too.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2017 at 9:38 PM, Klownzilla said:

Children who don't respect their elders scare me, along with their utter lack of knowledge of history.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, .ZZ. said:

Children who don't respect their elders scare me, along with their utter lack of knowledge of history.

Yeah!

And get off his lawn while you're at it! :angry: :lol:

• Like 4

On 4/19/2017 at 9:22 AM, Matt221 said:

First take one of them hair clip things put it on your skirting board and hey presto your worse nightmare

46.png

Aaaack!

• Like 1

That there are people secretly keeping track of the things I post that I'm afraid of for later use. 

• Like 3

If i would meet my ex somewhere. Even thinking of it makes me feel insecure lol

• Like 4

On 9/23/2017 at 11:20 AM, Eldorado said:

Getting swallowed up by a sinkhole as I lie snoozing in my bed some night.  This has happened to people!

Never go on holiday to Florida, El!  That happened to a guy only a few years ago.  They never were able to recover his body.  That was the strangest and most frightening example of a sinkhole that I've ever heard of.  His brother was devastated.  He said he could hear him yelling as the house went down like a sinking ship :( 

• Like 2

Loud all a sudden noises seem to scare me and make me jump. I hate when someone drives by loudly on a bike, things like that.

• Like 2

Most of my fears deal with being confined in small spaces. 

Years ago my husband was purchasing charater costumes for use during kids parties at a restaurant his friend owns. We got a delivery of a red Elmo like character which he wanted me to try on to see if it looked like good. I put it on and within a few minutes I started to panic. I couldn't get the head off fast enough. 

• Like 3

On 9/22/2017 at 1:42 AM, Colectivo said:

Hights.

Ditto! For me it's not so much heights but not being able to hold onto anything. I've been high up in bucket trucks which doesn't bother me in the slightest but if I'm 2 scaffold sections high I am genuinely almost frozen with fear. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Here's one that probably no one else has or admits to. Does anyone remember tho old hand held black and white games people had years back? I used to like them but when you put new batteries in the screen would have like patterns on. I think it was something in the game that would appear all over screen that used to freak me out. As those games don't exist now I have no idea if I'd still be freaked out and certainly not something I tell people.

it may be linked with the fear of clusters of holes or something tho I'm fine with them.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2017 at 8:51 AM, Dino-Mario said:

Mine's quite an ironic fear. You see, i like marine animals and creatures, yet i suffer from thalassophobia myself. The ocean is truly an interesting place, yet so dark, unexplored and massive, who knows what might be lurking down there where humans have yet to descend. But it's not very bad and i always manage to keep this in control watching documentaries and stuff dealing with the deepest part of the ocean. A little unsettling, but still amazing. Still, the darkest, depths can make me go nope at times.

Image result for sea monster just below surface

To be crucified on the cross of one's own good intentions, tasting the vile vinegar and awaiting the spear-thrust in one's side.

On 9/28/2012 at 4:04 PM, meryt-tetisheri said:

Moths flying close to me...I know it's mundane but it's enough to send me running out of a room! It's not just disgust, they really freak me

Omg... hate moths! Hate the name, hate the look lol

• Like 1

Had a buddy who unfortunately is not in this world anymore...i remember he was extremely scared of mushrooms. I totally get why people are scared of heights,spiders,snakes etc...but mushrooms? 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Mirrors. 

I have a nice dresser set, and there’s a mirror attached to it. A big one. It’s nice, and my parents even said if I want, I can cover it, but I just leave it and try not to look into it when I’m alone.

I’ve heard about mirror stories like Bloody Mary and besides that, mirrors are just strange objects. 

• Like 1