Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What's a random thing that scares you?

Wookietim

How people seem to believe all the disinformation they get on the WWW.

• Like 6

Moths flying close to me...I know it's mundane but it's enough to send me running out of a room! It's not just disgust, they really freak me

• Like 5

Moths flying close to me...I know it's mundane but it's enough to send me running out of a room! It's not just disgust, they really freak me

Last night I had a moth in my kitchen. I thought turning the light out would force him to fly out the back door toward the outside light but instead it suddenly crashed into my throat *shudder*

Walking past mirrors in the dark always freaks me out. It's not like I actually expect to see something creepy staring back at me, but I guess it's just been programmed pretty well into my head from too many scary movies. haha

• Like 4

At night when you turn on a light and the bulb flashes and blows..

That freaks me out, have had nightmares about that in the past.

Edited to add: am always edgy afterwards, as though something is watching me..

Edited by Professor T
  • Like 5

Last night I had a moth in my kitchen. I thought turning the light out would force him to fly out the back door toward the outside light but instead it suddenly crashed into my throat *shudder*

Walking past mirrors in the dark always freaks me out. It's not like I actually expect to see something creepy staring back at me, but I guess it's just been programmed pretty well into my head from too many scary movies. haha

Just reading that made me shudder with you, from the other side of the ocean!

• Like 1

Im an Insomniac so some nights im just up all night and my mind starts to play tricks on me and I think I see centipedes running across my walls....ICK of all the bugs I fear centipedes the most. I think maybe because of all there legs and how fast they move... :no: :no: :no:

• Like 5

I'll start : At night I hate to get up to use the bathroom because my back is turned to the door when I do... and there is always a thought in the back of my head that when i turn around something will be standing there...

Then sit on the toilet and face the door, problem solved next. :yes:
  • Like 5

My biggest fear was trying to live up to other peoples expectations so in the end I gave up and do what I want to do and now I'm happy. :tu:

• Like 5

Worms..... i was forced to eat them as a child.. and had them shoved down my shirt and pants... don't you just love brothers (4 of them). Not to mention the smell that overtakes airlocks after it storms when worms die and rot in their glass coffins... phew!!!

Edited by Overdueleaf
  • Like 2

I get scared most when at night I hear knocking sound coming from inside my refrigerator as if something is trying to get out :w00t:

• Like 2

Shooting stars

Really??

• Like 1

A ringing phone middle of night.

I was trying to figure out what mine was and that is it. The other thing is someone looking in my windows...which has happened a few times. I know people that live in the woods and don't have curtains...I am never comfortable in their house.

• Like 7

Crazy, stupid or even just unsympathetic people who get control of a power like guns, bombs, or control in a government.

• Like 1

Being caught in the middle lane with huge semi's on either side, or in the lane with a concrete barrier and truck next to me. Had a truck change lanes without seeing me once and had to slam on the brakes or I would have been a pancake, now I just freak if it looks anything remotely like that could happen again. I either speed so that can't catch up or slow right down so they slip right by me but won't drive next to a truck.

• Like 7

I'll start : At night I hate to get up to use the bathroom because my back is turned to the door when I do... and there is always a thought in the back of my head that when i turn around something will be standing there...

Left wingers scare the daylights out of me!

While debating with them its scary how a flaw in their argument can be pointed out only for them to delude it away. They have the ability to kangeroo court built into them.

I wonder how many died under Communism as a result of it.

I don't like a lit room with a curtain-less window and it's dark outside. Creeps me out. Also, and I hate to say it, people with visible mental issues. Can't tell what will set them off.

• Like 3