Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US military leaders on childhood obesity

regeneratia

You are repeating a myth. Read the research I provided here, research from a well-respected medical site.

Of course, it is easier to blame the person, while refraining from blaming the system. I understand taking the easy thought. But that thought will be inaccurate.

Nothing in life is simple. Not even on matters of childhood obesity.

I say that we need to take a look at the systemic reasons in our preesnt world on why there might be a problem on childhood obesity, including the BPA issue and all other endocrine disruptors.

If the words are too big, get a dictionary.

FYI, I have no way of knowing if you all are lying or not. Thus I always assume they are lies or mere perceptions. And the same should go for me. I don't ask that you believe me. I ask that you objectively do the research yourself.

H pylori: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helicobacter_pylori

My details in relating this story may not be completely accurate but you get the gist of it if you read on Wiki.

There was a man, a Dr., who once claimed that ulcers were not created by stress alone. Traditionalists made fun of him mercilessly. They were all heartily resistant to his idea, his concept, and his science. So he GAVE himself the bacteria he thought was creating the ulcers, h pylori. He drank the bacteria. He got ulcers. I suspect they were found upon diagnostic testing, thus proving he had ulcers. Then he took the antibiotic that he knew would destroy the ulcer-causing bacteria. Still traditional scientist and the medical community were resistant to the idea. He got rid of his ulcers, something that was once thought to always be present once present. Little by little, caring Dr.s started to treat their tagamet-eating clients with the antibiotic used to kill h pylori. Now, today, is it assumed that h pylori gives people uicers, not stress. And the standard treatment for ulcers is that particular anti-biotics. Where once you could meet a dozen people, one of which would be taking tagamet for ulcers. Now I don't know a soul who takes it and, as an RN, I have never given it to anyone in all the years I have been in this profession.

Stress causing ulcers was a myth. But it was a myth that was hard to let go of. And so it is with diet and exercise being the cause of all obesity.

Did you get my point? Or was I too complex for you?

It all comes down to calories. If you eat more than your body uses in a day, you'll gain weight. There's nothing complicated about it.

Eating home-cooked food does wonders for getting more filling meals for less calories.

I can make and eat full size(18 inch)homemade pizza and only eat roughly half my daily calorie limit from it. I have no idea where the calories come from in the store bought ones, but a homemade one only has around 1000 calories in it.

Edited by regeneratia

Opps! made a mistake.

Edited by regeneratia

A vast quantity of people these days. And most certianly my family and friends.

Because retired US military leaders have just as much of a right to an opinion as retired doctors or retired teacher. Why should they not voice their opinion? Freedom of opinion, except for those you dislike, hmm?

Your child is none of their business, but their children are. And I can guarantee you, retired military leaders have children as well. Just because you don't like the military doesn't mean that they can't voice their opinions.

"We" dont? Who is "we"? Who are you speaking on behalf. Second of all, I dont think they're concerned about whether their opinion matters to you.

"Starving children?" Hah, yeah. because children starve if they

Ah, you are a reader, aren't you? You have the need to KNOW that is so rare on this site and in this forum.

The military wants very fit people to fight in future wars, an emphasis of health regiment is part of the military's programs to build-up future soldiers and officers. The military is also concerned on the availability of young adult males in the US population and decline in birth rates is their concern, for obvious reasons. Therefore the military speaks out on how school lunches are linked with obese children, so whenever in the future they attempt a Vietnam-era style draft system, the number of health standard eligible boys fit for military service will be quite low.

And what regeneratia is writing on her posts are famous conspiracies and stories of what the US army and allies (Latin American countries) are known for sadistic practices on youth, including human trafficking of children caught in sexual deviant circles linked to the US military and Latin American officials, and medical experiments done on children is eerily reminisicent of what happened in Nazi concentration camps or state hospitals (the infamous T-4 state eugenics euthanasia program).

You most certainly would lose muscle mass, including that of your heart. Are you willing to do that?

Yet, if we put you on an island, gave you only a 1000 calories a day and forced you to burn 2000, you would loose weight.

I am in control of those details, dear. They don't have my name, address and many other personal things.

wait... you don't trust the government but you're happy to give your details to a website?

What is it you said about attackers and flamers? It's the ol' do as I say and not as I do, huh? Of course it's easier to go after the soft targets isn't it? You constantly condemn people for judging you and you have no qualms about judging other people.

• Like 1

The military wants very fit people to fight in future wars, an emphasis of health regiment is part of the military's programs to build-up future soldiers and officers. The military is also concerned on the availability of young adult males in the US population and decline in birth rates is their concern, for obvious reasons. Therefore the military speaks out on how school lunches are linked with obese children, so whenever in the future they attempt a Vietnam-era style draft system, the number of health standard eligible boys fit for military service will be quite low.

And what regeneratia is writing on her posts are famous conspiracies and stories of what the US army and allies (Latin American countries) are known for sadistic practices on youth, including human trafficking of children caught in sexual deviant circles linked to the US military and Latin American officials, and medical experiments done on children is eerily reminisicent of what happened in Nazi concentration camps or state hospitals (the infamous T-4 state eugenics euthanasia program).

And leavenworth was mentioned because I have known at least three officers from Ft. Leavenworth who have met my friends, dated them. Then those friends found out they were married and that they were just looking for sex outside the marriage. That is why I commented on their morals. They were all officers.

My sister married an officer. He brought home the sexually transmitted viral disease, gotten outside the aged marriage, that eventually killed her. I have a chip on my shoulder towards military officers on a major level, those slime bucket, wimpy ashed nitwits.

I have respect for the bottom end soldiers and their buddies that care about them. But it is the rare military officer that I will respect.

Edited by regeneratia

Our children are safer fat.

• Like 1

You made your point and you are dismissed now....

What is it you said about attackers and flamers? It's the ol' do as I say and not as I do, huh? Of course it's easier to go after the soft targets isn't it? You constantly condemn people for judging you and you have no qualms about judging other people.

Is get a dictionary too insulting?

I cannot communicate accurately with OMG, LOL, ROTFLMAO, BRB and etc. But I am sure I would be far easier to understand if I did totally communicate with them.

michelle, You are on ignore for your willingness to readily insult and flame, to cyber gand bang any person your buddies and you so choose. You attack on a massive level. I have seen it over and over again. that is why you are on ignore most of the time. And you have the blindness to attack my subtle undirected slights. At least I don't do name calling and things like that. And you have to have some sort of upper level of intelligence to get my slights. Which are generally pointed at no one in particular.

I don't feel dismissed.

Edited by regeneratia

I wonder how I knew your own words would be offensive to you?

Edited by Michelle

I don't like military high ups either. thinking of why they might want to say something about kids obesity problems. doesn't look good.

• Like 1

Military Leaders Point to Schools in U.S. Obesity Fight

By Susan Heavey

WASHINGTON (Reuters) Sep 25 - Former U.S. military leaders have identified a latent threat to the potential for a leaner, more agile fighting force: the school vending machine.

(required free registrations to read.)

Why on earth should retired military leaders have anything to say about this? I find it extremely inappropriate. I do not respect military leaders of any sort!!]

http://www.missionreadiness.org/

Well if the military can't have an opinion on obesity that why do you think you should get one?

I bet they get a whole lot more exercise than you do, and know a whole lot more about the body and how it works than you do. Since it's kinda important for them with the whole - staying alive - thing.

And to let your personal feelings get in the way of an argument because something happened with one officer related to your familiy in some way ... how the world would be if everybody thought like you.

"i hate bananas, they should be banned , because one day my friends sister went to a shop and there was a rotten banana in the apple stock pile"

this is your logic, notice how it is not valid.

Edited by Render
  • Like 1

You are repeating a myth. Read the research I provided here, research from a well-respected medical site.

Of course, it is easier to blame the person, while refraining from blaming the system. I understand taking the easy thought. But that thought will be inaccurate.

Nothing in life is simple. Not even on matters of childhood obesity.

I say that we need to take a look at the systemic reasons in our preesnt world on why there might be a problem on childhood obesity, including the BPA issue and all other endocrine disruptors.

FYI, I have no way of knowing if you all are lying or not. Thus I always assume they are lies or mere perceptions. And the same should go for me. I don't ask that you believe me. I ask that you objectively do the research yourself.

H pylori: http://en.wikipedia....cobacter_pylori

My details in relating this story may not be completely accurate but you get the gist of it if you read on Wiki.

There was a man, a Dr., who once claimed that ulcers were not created by stress alone. Traditionalists made fun of him mercilessly. They were all heartily resistant to his idea, his concept, and his science. So he GAVE himself the bacteria he thought was creating the ulcers, h pylori. He drank the bacteria. He got ulcers. I suspect they were found upon diagnostic testing, thus proving he had ulcers. Then he took the antibiotic that he knew would destroy the ulcer-causing bacteria. Still traditional scientist and the medical community were resistant to the idea. He got rid of his ulcers, something that was once thought to always be present once present. Little by little, caring Dr.s started to treat their tagamet-eating clients with the antibiotic used to kill h pylori. Now, today, is it assumed that h pylori gives people uicers, not stress. And the standard treatment for ulcers is that particular anti-biotics. Where once you could meet a dozen people, one of which would be taking tagamet for ulcers. Now I don't know a soul who takes it and, as an RN, I have never given it to anyone in all the years I have been in this profession.

Stress causing ulcers was a myth. But it was a myth that was hard to let go of. And so it is with diet and exercise being the cause of all obesity.

Did you get my point? Or was I too complex for you?

First of all, drop the smug and sanctimonious act. It's doesn't do you any favors.

Second. no one ever said that diet and exercise is the cause of obesity. This, I admit, maybe a typo on your part and I can only assume that you meant that diet and exercise is not the cure to obesity. While it is not the only was to low weight, it is the most effective short of a surgical option. I have had great success with diet and exercise when it comes to losing weight.

Your comment about our children being safer when their fat is as appalling as most of your other opinions.

• Like 1

Never thought I'd see the day when I agreed with you about something. :tu:

Childhood obesity is a big concern these days and just about everyone under the sun has offered opinions on it, so why shouldn't military leaders do so as well? It's not doing any harm and some of their suggestions might even be helpful.

As for calorie intake being a myth and children being safer fat...medical science says no.

• Like 2

A vast quantity of people these days. And most certianly my family and friends.

Well we here dont want to hear YOUR opinion. Hows that?

• Like 1

Safer from what?

Certainly not childhood diabetes, later life stroke, heart attack, cancer, high blood pressure (which can also cause stroke and heart attack), low peer relationships. low self esteem...

But yes, they're safe from being used by the evil military industrial complex who never take unfit people and know how to turn them not only into trained killers but fit ones.

They susre know how to poison and radiate ya, that much is for sure.

Look into the non-FDA approved Anthrax vaccine that they only stopped when there was a highly publicized rash of murders and suicides at Fort Hood. In fact, when the vaccine came up to the FDA, it was disapproved. However the military decided to use it anyway.

Oh yes, they know about the effects of radiation on the body as well. Depleted Uranium doesn't only bust bunkers, it radiates all soldiers near it. Now we see infertility, fetal deformatives. And just think what Iraq is experiencing because of the use of depleted uranium. The UN outlawed use of depleted uranium. Rumsfeld, probably a lush, decided to use it anyway in an illegal war and bdubious ooccupation of a middle east country for no reaszon whatsoever but that Bush wanted a war legacy, was set on invading Iraq while he campaigned in 1999 and 2000.

I really don't want the military to influence the life of my child and his friends on any level whatsoever. Since this the house they come to most frequently, I get the indoctrination in on all of them, including alerting them to military recruiting in the 5th grade by StarBase program. So when they went there, without my son present, of course, they were looking to see just what psyoips and military propaganda was being placed on their plate. They were also instructed not to allow the military leaders to touch them and not to eat the food the military provided.

There is no doubt in my mind that our children are safer fat.

Well if the military can't have an opinion on obesity that why do you think you should get one?

I bet they get a whole lot more exercise than you do, and know a whole lot more about the body and how it works than you do. Since it's kinda important for them with the whole - staying alive - thing.

And to let your personal feelings get in the way of an argument because something happened with one officer related to your familiy in some way ... how the world would be if everybody thought like you.

"i hate bananas, they should be banned , because one day my friends sister went to a shop and there was a rotten banana in the apple stock pile"

Diabetes can be thwarted with chromium.

More people die from low cholesterol than with high cholesterol. And many people's livers and muscles are completely ruined because they took statins. And statins actually GIVE one Diabetes. So do chemo drugs.

Low peer relationships don't seem to be a factor. When there are more people in children's classes wanting to be professional atheletes than scientists, there is a seriously problem. In fact, it is my understanding that the USA is the ONLY country in the world where schools have high school sports. Why do you suppose that is?

Just to let you know:

The USA is also the only country in the world to nuke another country. Our military cannot take the high grounds on anything, as far as I am concerned. They obviously do not care about life. Why on earth would they care about kids being fat? I call it PATHOLOGICAL ALTRUISM: which means the military is altruistic only for their own gains.

http://www.amazon.co...y/dp/0199738572

Safer from what?

Certainly not childhood diabetes, later life stroke, heart attack, cancer, high blood pressure (which can also cause stroke and heart attack), low peer relationships. low self esteem...

But yes, they're safe from being used by the evil military industrial complex who never take unfit people and know how to turn them not only into trained killers but fit ones.

Edited by regeneratia

Oh I forgot, only military leaders are allowed to be smug. My bad.

You interpret it as smug, because you cannot see my face to accurately assess that. However, I can say that I do not feel in the slightest smug.

I am a nurse. I know some things about the body. I took lots and lots of science classes. But I couldn't do surgery on ya. And I know more about the body that most military officers who are non-medical.

I don't think there are any rules against having personal feelings. Isn't that what the military was trying to stir in us when they posted photos of that baby they found in Afghanistan? Isn't that what military psyops is aimed at, personally feelings? There is nothing whatsoever wrong with personal feelings. And I would certainly never, never trust anyone who is completely rational, because it would be faked rationality.

I am proud to have personal feelings and thoughts that are not guided externally.

I just don't get your logic. It doesn't follow prescribed or standard paths.

The military thinking and acting as if I do not have a say in my child's rearing and education is atrocious.

No doubt about it, our children are safer from these professional killers fat (personal feelings completely intact.)

Edited by regeneratia

Out of shape cannon fodder need not apply, eh? It's all good though, if a person is overweight simply due to laziness and bad eating, they do need to get back on track for their own health. However, if it's a medical or psychological issue that is the cause, then definitely more leniency should be given. Out of whack hormones can really screw people up, most of the time they don't even realize that's what it is. Also, the heavier you are, if you're a man, the more estrogen you produce which makes weight loss extreemely difficult over time.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3
  • Like 1

no they aren't. they are sick, unatractive, and get bullied in school, and the reason is YOU, and likes of you. good luck with you blood pressure, clogged arterries, and life filled with health problems.

There is research to indicate that that indeed is NOT true.

no?? lol, than your reasearch is wortless.

New research has actually shown that fat kids are generally not as smart scholastically either. Before I get tons of argumentative replies, I'm quoting a research study. It actually makes sense, without proper nutrition, your brain cannot function at optimal levels, especially on a diet of high fructose corn syrup. If a child is fat, at least give them omega 3 kid's supplements.

http://www.forbes.co...en-you-back-up/

Also:

A predominantly processed-food diet at the age of three is directly associated with a lower IQ at the age of eight and a half, according to a Bristol-based study of thousands of British children. The Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children is tracking the long-term health and wellbeing of around 14,000 children. Food packed with vitamins and nutrients notably helped boost mental performance as youngsters got older, the
reports. [...]

“This suggests that any cognitive/behavioural effects relating to eating habits in early childhood may well persist into later childhood, despite any subsequent changes to dietary intake,” the authors wrote.

During the study, parents completed questionnaires detailing the types and frequency of the food and drink their children consumed when they were three, four, seven and eight-and-a-half years old. Every one-point increase in the study’s dietary pattern score – a record of processed fat intake – was associated with a 1.67-point fall in IQ. [...]

The School Food Trust’s director of research, Michael Nelson, said:
“Given that around 23% of children start school either overweight or obese, it’s absolutely clear that healthy choices as part of their early development will stand children in good stead – not only for keeping a healthy weight as they grow up, but as this evidence suggests, improving their ability to do well at school.

“These findings also demonstrate the importance of helping everyone involved with children’s early development to get the information and advice they need on good nutrition.”
Edited by Spid3rCyd3