Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What Car Did You First Learn how To Drive

docyabut2

A Vauxhall Viva,(long time ago),then a 57000 ton Shell Oil Tanker,(Oh sorry thats not a car)

• Like 1

An Austin Metro and it was bloody awful..now own an M5 and an Impreza WRX which has been highly tuned.....

Ha ha I like it but you must get really frustrated following a "Matchbox on Milktops".
  • Like 1

My first car was a 88 Toyota Camry lol.

88-camry-just-baught--large-msg-122575422665.jpg

Then a 96 Holden Commodore.

digiads_car_ads_151549_1.jpg

And my future dream car, a HSV Maloo. 6.2 litre V8

2011_hsv_e3_maloo_03-4c97f6ac4aa3e-m:610x450.jpg

• Like 1

Ha ha I like it but you must get really frustrated following a "Matchbox on Milktops".

Im lucky North Yorkshire has nice wide roads... :whistle: .... :D

My parents had two cars ... I believe the first one I drove (which was a disaster on a few levels) was their 1977 Westfalia. It looked exactly like this one:

photo0006.JPG

The other car we had was almost as bad... This was the model I eventually took my road test in--A 1972 Olds 442. Sit down, shut up and hang on! LOL:

carshow2001.jpg

• Like 1

learned to drive in...

5270146024_48d534b4dc_z.jpg

1976 Cougar XR-7

First car I owned

1972Volkswagen_Super_Beetle-e.jpg

Best car I ever owned too. Wish I still had it.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

learned to drive in...

5270146024_48d534b4dc_z.jpg

1976 Cougar XR-7

LOL, that's almost as a good as my Olds! Your brother couldn't ride up front with me in the olds because it had a bench seat and me being all of 5' nothing, he had to ride in back for leg room or risk riding with his knees carefully positioned in his ears. LOL. (Ooops, I just saw in my post that I typo'd the year, it was a 1976Olds.)

First car I owned

1972Volkswagen_Super_Beetle-e.jpg

Best car I ever owned too. Wish I still had it.

And is that your actual bug? I remember it vaguely. It was even that color wasn't it?

Edited by MissMelsWell

Im lucky North Yorkshire has nice wide roads... :whistle: .... :D

Yep better than the "tank trap" potholes,and narrow roads with high hedges on both sides in Somerset, these roads are a disgrace to England.
  • Like 1

This was identical to the car I learned to drive. 1998 Pontiac Sunfire. I drive a slightly newer white one now.

33067220003_large.jpg

• 2 years later...

Thought this topic would be great fun again , what was the first car you ever driven? Didn't drive it but was born in a 1933 dodge

Made the Detroit head lines- baby girl hold up five blocks of traffic

1933%20Plymouth%20PD%204-Door%20Sedan.jpg

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 3

I still can't drive, tried to learn many years ago but gave up quite quickly. IIRC changing gears was a particular problem, manual cars are the norm in Britain. :(

• Like 1

Can't post the pics of my car types. Says I can't use them here. Maybe this will work. My car looked exactly like this.

first car...

http://en.wikipedia....974_Gremlin.jpg

Learned stick on one of these but it was Brown with white hood stripes. 1974 Chevy Nova, 3-columm.

280px-Chevrolet_Nova_SS_350.jpg

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3

I learned in the old Chevy pickup my dad drove. Then learned how to drive stick in my ford ranger.

• Like 1

My father taught me how to drive in a cemetery in the pouring rain in his Mazda RX2. I had a hard time seeing because it was raining so hard and I said "Dad, I can't see anything, shouldn't we wait until a nicer day?"

He said, "It's not like you're going to hurt anybody here. They're all dead anyway. Keep driving and turn left up here."

(photo not my father's old car but looks exactly like it)

DSC_0512.jpg

• Like 3

I learned to drive in my dad's '64 Ford Falcon Van (manual transmission)...

My first car to drive for any practical use was a Dodge Coronet 440 (dad's car, but he let me use it)...

My first truly owned car was a '68 Pontiac GTO convertable... Bought it for $500 and loved that beast...

Edited by Taun
  • Like 3

My dad taught me how to drive in a 51 Desoto like this when I was about 15.

52DeSoto.jpg

It had a semi-auto trans, meaning it used a clutch and the 1-2 gear changes were manual, but the 2-3 would shift by getting up to speed and letting up on the gas.

Unfortunately I put it into a ditch when I was 16 and that was that.

Edited by ZZ430
  • Like 4

a 1982 mazda hatchback 5 speed... it had a batman symbol on the back window so we called it the batmobile.. i loved that car and should have kept it it ran good in 1997 when i got rid of it and i bet would still be running today if it wasnt rusted out...

Mazda323.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks all its really interesting to see all those cool cars:) anyone named their cars? We had a Vega that we called Daisy, every morning getting the kids off to school when its was so the cold and it would`nt start we kept say come on daisy:) the back seat was all in crayon drawings of the kids.

54cab67b1b4ca_-_chevy_vega_01_1010-md.jpg

Edited by docyabut2

I believe it was a 1927 Dodge Brothers sedan, not unlike this.Dodge_Series_124_4-Door_Sedan_1927.jpg

did it come with a Thompson 45? :w00t:
  • Like 5

Then we got this white jeep that we called Snow ball, that car had roll up windows and a setting one could put in four wheel drive, that car went though anything and I really felt confident. but after that we got a automotive red jeep, drove it for some time and wonder why it did not hold to the road, here the system was `nt working, give me back those old cars where one had the control :)

Edited by docyabut2

Thought this topic would be great fun again , what was the first car you ever driven? Didn't drive it but was born in a 1933 dodge

Made the Detroit head lines- baby girl hold up five blocks of traffic

1933%20Plymouth%20PD%204-Door%20Sedan.jpg

These were a bit different to drive, took a little effort and more awareness while driving.

• Like 3

i don't have a picture of the one i practiced in the most... but picture a red VW bug. I"d sneak off with it when the folks took Mom's car.

It was terrifying to go on the pavement until i reached the two tracks through the woods. *scrape* Lot's of fun.. not sure i got away with it,, but Dad didn't say anything.

• Like 2

i don't have a picture of the one i practiced in the most... but picture a red VW bug. I"d sneak off with it when the folks took Mom's car.

It was terrifying to go on the pavement until i reached the two tracks through the woods. *scrape* Lot's of fun.. not sure i got away with it,, but Dad didn't say anything.

Loved those VW bugs, we had a black one, but when we took it up to Mich on a trip, we got surrounded by three really big simi trucks, man did I freak out ,thought we be sucked up or be runned off the road :w00t: I felted like I was in a tin can :unsure2: