Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Does the name Jesus make you mad? Why ?

SpiritWriter

There does seem to be a compulsion for people to argue that Jesus isn't real. What is causing people to put so much energy into such a reaction to Jesus? What is eating at them?

Dunno. Maybe it's because after the Christians had been persecuted, they - when finally in power - started persecuting other people in their turn?

I know Christians nowadays are moaning about how they often get a bad reception when they start talking about their faith, forgetting that it is only for bit more than a century or so that people dare to talk up to them without the risk of being hanged, beheaded, or drowned.

Times have changed.

We have been lied to and been manipulated by all these 'devout believers' for almost 2000 years.

We have had enough of it. Well, many have.

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 1

Great! And that second video... we know it's a trick, but still, the guy must have steel balls to walk down the building like he did, and trust whatever was helping him perform the trick.

I thought it was a bit freaky to watch, but at the same time amazing... I watch his programme every week

• Like 2

Sure the fanatics makes you mad. But God bless those fanatics because they remind us so much of the salvation of Jesus and the redemptive power of God to change our lives for something holy and pure.

Nobody need be reminded of that; anymore than I need to be reminded to go to Mars next Tuesday to attend a rugby match with Mahatma Gandhi (who, in this scenario, evidently manages to walk among us in the modern day using the same magical powers Christians claim that Jesus has). It's just silly. Again, dead people don't save anybody; nor do fictional characters (God). And again, you haven't outlined what exactly we're supposed to be getting saved from. (For the record, I obviously know what you'll say; the question is more to have you enchant us with your no-doubt riveting personal version of the story, as skeptical as I predict I'll be of it.)

Edited by Arbitran

What irritates me is that i was raised in school and stuff, to fear NOT believeing in him, or id go to hell, and be tortured with my worst fear. Why does a religion have to scare you into believing them? even now i hate talking bad or in disbelieve in God because of the fear built in me by priest and teachers

boom good job

Arbitran, it is very common for followers of Jesus to encounter anger at the mention of Jesus Christ. Why would you say this isn't true? I pesonally have witnessed many angry responses to Jesus. For instance I was involved in Messianic Ministry, which is a ministry for Jewish believers in Jesus. In the course of things I have encounters with jewish individuals who did not believe in Jesus. A significant proportion of the responses would be anger. In fact, there were classes offered in the local Temple, Synagogue and Shule were the Jewish people were taught how to deal with Evengelism for Jesus. One of the primary tactics taught was to be intolerant and angry toward Evangelist and utterly discourage any further discourse. What is their problem?

So what is it? Are they angry at Jesus or some tool with an agenda?

I notice much of the anger is at the arrogance of various Christians.

Jesus made a lot of claims, and yes most scholars believe that he existed, not all of them believers in God or Jesus by any means. He claimed that we need to repent, that we need grace, that we are responsible for our lives and that in the end; we either become heaven by grace or hell by an act of self creation. Yes I can see why people get upset by his name. It has always been in our ball park; we failed, screwed up and still do. Without grace, without the love of Jesus Christ we would be 'hell'. I don't preach, I try to live the Gospel message, which is centered on Jesus Christ. People can think what they want, believe what they want and react to the name of Jesus the way they want......we have that freedom. For me the name of Jesus brings love to my heart and I worship him as my Lord and Savior. I love the name of Jesus Christ and the very fact that people use his name so often in ways that are contemptuous says something about his reality. I know that some hate the name of Jesus because of the failings of Christians, yet that is what they are, failings. The message of Jesus is one of healing and salvation for all. To reject that, again, is a free act and those who do will get what they desire, themselves for all eternity minus the very thing they are made for, the love and union of the infinite as manifested in Jesus.

Edited by markdohle
  • Like 2

Jesus made a lot of claims, and yes most scholars believe that he existed, not all of them believers in God or Jesus by any means. He claimed that we need to repent, that we need grace, that we are responsible for our lives and that in the end; we either become heaven by grace or hell by an act of self creation. Yes I can see why people get upset by his name. It has always been in our ball park; we failed, screwed up and still do. Without grace, without the love of Jesus Christ we would be 'hell'. I don't preach, I try to live the Gospel message, which is centered on Jesus Christ. People can think what they want, believe what they want and react to the name of Jesus the way they want......we have that freedom. For me the name of Jesus brings love to my heart and I worship him as my Lord and Savior. I love the name of Jesus Christ and the very fact that people use his name so often in ways that are contemptuous says something about his reality. I know that some hate the name of Jesus because of the failings of Christians, yet that is what they are, failings. The message of Jesus is one of healing and salvation for all. To reject that, again, is a free act and those who do will get what they desire, themselves for all eternity minus the very thing they are made for, the love and union of the infinite as manifested in Jesus.

... :tu:

Like Arbitran, it makes me irritated. People claim that he existed, when we have nothing to base that claim off of other than stories in the bible.

I wonder what evidence of your existence would we have in year 4000? :w00t:

New testament is consider to be historical book according to many historians. We have evidence of his existence written by four people.

Because Greeks wrote myths then Greeks must been illusion?

Your view-which is not your since you probably didnt study life of Jesus-is view of Scientology churh. Jesus is history implant.

Imagine all his pupils died claiming he was God. Not that he existed. Would you die for claiming that Im God if I was not?

They are convinced.

Also people talk here about Jesus and never read a Bible or live true Christian life...Thats hilarious.

One quote from Bible comes to my mind. By Jesus. "Ask and you shall be given. Would you give your child a snake if he was asking for a fish?" Thats my interpretation.

That is strong message. Would you teach you child Christianity if you were not sure that he was God? Tracing that tradition we come to 12 apostoles who all died claiming he was a God.

:tu:

Edited by the L

Idea that Jesus is implant was proposed by scientology and similar sects. Thats why would I put hareder criteria to become organized religion.

Scientology is based on BS. No message at all. Non senses.

Jesus existed. You all insult our ancestors by saying Jesus is invention.

History of Christianity was history of intellect. They didnt read Origins but they were not stupid.

For spreading of education we can realy thanks Chatolic Church.

Edited by the L

Imagine all his pupils died claiming he was God. Not that he existed. Would you die for claiming that Im God if I was not?

They are convinced.

Also people talk here about Jesus and never read a Bible or live true Christian life...Thats hilarious.

One quote from Bible comes to my mind. By Jesus. "Ask and you shall be given. Would you give your child a snake if he was asking for a fish?" Thats my interpretation.

That is strong message. Would you teach you child Christianity if you were not sure that he was God? Tracing that tradition we come to 12 apostoles who all died claiming he was a God.

:tu:

Jesus rose from the dead. I doubt the 12 got together and came up with some kind of conspiracy to create some world religion. Why would they do that, and why would they die for a lie?Poeple may die for things that aren't true, people will not die for a lie, something they know to be false. When Jesus died on the cross for all practical purposes it was over, his followers in hiding. He rose, overcame death and appeared to the 12 and others, Paul talks about 500, many who were still alive when he wrote his letters. No, it is real, true, Jesus is Lord. Again if he died, then nothing more would have happened.

If I was not sure about who Jesus was., no I would not teach him to my children.... if he is not who he claims to be, then he was a mad man, who thought way more of himself that he should have......

peace

mark

Edited by markdohle
  • Like 2