Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Demonology

Poindexter

<p>

As you can see, sceptics on a site like this have no interest in your lack of interest in their opinions. You can post a fairly detailed personal experience and they'll focus on the parts which could have an alternative explanation, which is fine, but they'll also either ignore the parts they can't explain or call you a liar. Some will post lists of unrelated facts and declare the case closed. Some will respond only with sarcasm. Anyway, I'm not sure most of your questions have a definitive answer but I do believe beings exist which various cultures call "demons".

No offense, but people who come and tell their stories do the same thing.

A 'skeptic' (hate labels) can suggest some other possible explanation and the OP will absolutely deny any and all reason that the explanation could be anything BUT paranormal:

We have no cats in our neighborhood

All our wiring is new

No one can get into our backyard

Everyone was asleep and never plays jokes

Squirrels can't get in my attic ever

There are no power lines near my house

Etc.

I think both parties can be civil but just get frustrated, IMO.

• Like 1

No offense, but people who come and tell their stories do the same thing.

A 'skeptic' (hate labels) can suggest some other possible explanation and the OP will absolutely deny any and all reason that the explanation could be anything BUT paranormal:

Absolutely true. No offense taken. I would say though, that I don't often see a believer call a sceptic a liar when they suggest an alternative explanation. Saying a person is wrong or closed minded is very different from saying they are delusional or a liar.

Honestly that's why I asked you what you consider to be vetted and corroborated. Maybe you've thought of something I haven't. I keep saying I have a mind that is open to new things. I mean that. That is why I asked for a specific example of vetted and corroborated eyewitness testimony of a paranormal phenomenon. I'm not asking so I can try and take apart your argument. I'm just asking because I want to see how this concept fits within the parameters of what I can believe. Until you give an example my answer is "I don't know".

See this post http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=181521&st=1545#entry4509891

A professional, a prison warden, a police officer in the line of duty, and multiple corroborating civilian witnesses.

Firstly do Demons exist

Yes, they do.

, and if so

Can Demons Kill, note Plural

Yes, they can.

Can Demons invade your body and damage your internal organs, to the point Medical Science knows the Ailment, re Kidney Disease, but, are unable to cure you

Yes.

Do Demons protect their Host

Absolutely. In fact, the people most infested seem to live well beyond years they should, with personal behaviors that would normally kill others. Behaviors like excessive drinking, drugs, etc. The old adage "only the good die young" is not based on a flimsy foundation. People have noticed over time that evil people infested tend to outlive those less malignant in personality.

Will Demons attack, if they reguard their Host is under threat

Beyond a shadow of a doubt. In fact, if you start to battle their stronghold in a person or group of people or political body, be prepared for the onslaught of your life.

Can Demon's "JUMP" from one Host to another

Yes. I know a sensitive person and he has an acquaintance who is infested. When I see this sensitive just after his visit to his acquaintance, he acts like a complete stranger until he shakes it off. He acts as if he is the acquaintance. Usually that requires my doing a remote blessing on him.

Do Demons need to be invited to Possess a Host, if so,, how is this done

No. In fact, they have made an art form out of anesthetizing their targets until the assimilation is complete and completely unnoticed by the host.

Does a Host know if they have been "invaded"

Almost never

Can a Possessed Host enter a Church

If a place is truly sanctified and not just a social gathering place of hypocrites, a demon cannot enter...or finds the atmosphere there nearly as toxic to itself as sulfur gas would be for us to breathe. Once my son and I had to take an infested woman to see the doctor. This woman made my flesh crawl but the obligation was unshakeable. So I blessed the cab of my truck before she entered. When she rode to the doctor she seemed unusually friendly and kind...a thing she almost never is. I wrote it off to the sobering aspect of her doctor visit. As she was coming back to the truck while my son and I waited for her, I suddenly felt a strong buzzing noise in my right ear, like a pressure wave was hitting my eardrum. Instantly there was a loud WHACK!! on the back window of the cab. We looked out astonished. No bird, no rock, nothing. The back of the truck faced a completely empty cow pasture. The demon could not come in the cab. It had preceded her, so my conclusion is they orbit around their host instead of always being "inside" them proper.

Finally how does one get rid of 'unwanted' Demons

By blessings. It sounds trite but that's really how you do it. The people afflicted must undergo a spiritual deepening. It doesn't matter what faith or line of belief, only that you believe in a loving spirit that protects. I've had really good success with blessing places, people, things. But you cannot have any hate. The idea is to create a poisonous environment that demons will avoid like the plague. Some cases are really hard.

But in all cases, an atmosphere or intent of unconditional relaxed love is truly noxious to a demon. It's not that they become less powerful, only that they simply cannot stand the atmosphere. Like putting Mr. Universe on the moon and saying to him "now breathe"...

Edited by SSilhouette
  • Like 1

Absolutely true. No offense taken. I would say though, that I don't often see a believer call a sceptic a liar when they suggest an alternative explanation. Saying a person is wrong or closed minded is very different from saying they are delusional or a liar.

Well not everyone jumps to liar or delusional either. I have seen OP's loose their grips and call names then ask their favorite question: "why do you post here if you don't believe?" right after asking for advice.

I guess it is dependent on the person and who can be respectful of others and who can keep their cool and not be offensive. Also, who can be open to advice and who can be open to the alternative.

I usually am trying to be helpful to the OP and am trying to give alternative suggestions to the paranormal. It's unbelievable how many times people have discovered sleep paralysis from this message board alone and have been so relieved. BION I came here as a believer all those years ago; what really changed me to be more skeptical was the incredulous stories that OP's would post then accept no logical explanation for. Not even the entire story, maybe just one part of it, such as a noise or even an explanation of SP.

I dunno, maybe I'm just jaded. :lol:

One of the greatest tricks I've seen demons do is use an infested host to become indignant, combative, accusatory, snide, condescending, offended, or some other volatile mood in order to shut topics down they don't want discussed. One of the main ways you can purge demons from a situation is to simply expose in plain language what is going on: ie: the obvious. That is like poison to them.

Often times you can find out who in your midst is infested by simply stating the plain truth about an uncomfortable subject. Then you will see the really clogged up people get their undies all up in a bundle.

Also, and this may seem like a strange aside but it isn't; if you want to get the best "demon dectector" on earth....get a pug dog. Really, not kidding. They were bred specifically to detect disloyalty to Chinese leaders in their close subjects. But what the little ugly-cute dogs are actually picking up on is malignant intent. And people infested always have malignant intent. We have a pug who has nailed people right and left. Some she has zero reaction to and we think she should. Others who seem perfectly fine, she goes off like a bundle of TNT on. In the end we always find her judgement was best. She always knew who we could trust and who we couldn't. We doubted her but she always came out right in the end.

So now we just trust our pugs straight off the mark and don't question their judgment anymore.

Edited by SSilhouette
  • Like 3

This is why the faux skepticism brought about by materialism is so ludicrous. It simply begs the question, and assumes the non-existence of the supernatural and claims this is evidence for its non-existence.

No, it claims proves the existence of mental and psychological issues.

• Like 1

One of the greatest tricks I've seen demons do is use an infested host to become indignant, combative, accusatory, snide, condescending, offended, or some other volatile mood in order to shut topics down they don't want discussed. One of the main ways you can purge demons from a situation is to simply expose in plain language what is going on: ie: the obvious. That is like poison to them.

Often times you can find out who in your midst is infested by simply stating the plain truth about an uncomfortable subject. Then you will see the really clogged up people get their undies all up in a bundle.

Also, and this may seem like a strange aside but it isn't; if you want to get the best "demon dectector" on earth....get a pug dog. Really, not kidding. They were bred specifically to detect disloyalty to Chinese leaders in their close subjects. But what the little ugly-cute dogs are actually picking up on is malignant intent. And people infested always have malignant intent. We have a pug who has nailed people right and left. Some she has zero reaction to and we think she should. Others who seem perfectly fine, she goes off like a bundle of TNT on. In the end we always find her judgement was best. She always knew who we could trust and who we couldn't. We doubted her but she always came out right in the end.

So now we just trust our pugs straight off the mark and don't question their judgment anymore.

wow.

• Like 2

You're serious?

laugh.png

• Like 1

dog-picture-small-dog-boston-terrier-puppy-zonepress-type.jpg

Yes...I can see how a demon would be terrified...

• Like 2

dog-picture-small-dog-boston-terrier-puppy-zonepress-type.jpg

Yes...I can see how a demon would be terrified...

That's it!!! I'm getting one. I have got serval neighbors and clients that need a good demon sniffing.

• Like 1

PS... Have no interest in ..... the Views and Opinions of Skeptics

So basically all you are looking for is people who will say what you want to hear so your little boat won't be rocked by views that probably reflect reality more accurately, am I pretty much on track with this?

Well..I hate to burst your bathtub bubble but there are no "demons". People create their own imaginary demons through their own vile actions and attitudes.

• Like 1

So basically all you are looking for is people who will say what you want to hear so your little boat won't be rocked by views that probably reflect reality more accurately, am I pretty much on track with this?

Well..I hate to burst your bathtub bubble but there are no "demons". People create their own imaginary demons through their own vile actions and attitudes.

And clay. Sometimes people make them out of clay.

• Like 4

And clay. Sometimes people make them out of clay.

Ah yes, clay. Thanks..I almost forgot about that. :tu:

• Like 1

Ah yes, clay. Thanks..I almost forgot about that. :tu:

No problem. :innocent::whistle:

• Like 1

See this post http://www.unexplain...45#entry4509891

A professional, a prison warden, a police officer in the line of duty, and multiple corroborating civilian witnesses.

Man.. Alright OC, here's the deal. I tried. I read the post you linked to, and even the posts you linked to inside the post you linked to. I watched the video. There is just something in my brain that won't let me believe it. Maybe I just have such a hard time taking someone else's word for something that seems so fantastic I'd have to see it myself to believe it. Perhaps its a trust thing. It probably is connected to the same reasons I have trouble accepting the Bible as truth.

It feels EXACTLY this same as this example I will use to illustrate my point. Well two examples. I have two good friends, one of them loves The Cure. The other one loves Mr. Bungle. (those are bands for those of you having trouble keeping up). I love my two friends dearly and so I have tried on multiple occasions to join them in their appreciation of these two bands. I can appreciate their talent, I can appreciate their artistic integrity, but I cannot for the life of me enjoy these two bands. Just doesn't work. They both just irritate something at my core and it just doesn't happen.

Believing in demons is sort of the same. I can appreciate the fact that these vetted, corroborated witnesses seem sincere - I wouldn't accuse them of lying. I just can't bring my self around to believe it. Something fundamental in me rejects it.

OC - I have respect for you and your positions - you present them articulately and with conviction. I cannot agree with you and be true to myself, however. Thanks for your time and patience.

Edited by orangepeaceful79
  • Like 1

Pugs don't drive demons out. They just let you know who's infested. Pugs can't really harm anything. And of course I never said they could drive out or defeat a demon. Those were words put in my mouth by the peanut gallery here.

The OP asked sceptics to step out of this topic. Therefore if they are present they will have to come up against the benefit of the doubt being extended to those willing to stretch the hypothesis to include the possible existence of sentient beings that can't be seen.

Pugs don't drive demons out. They just let you know who's infested. Pugs can't really harm anything. And of course I never said they could drive out or defeat a demon. Those were words put in my mouth by the peanut gallery here.

The OP asked sceptics to step out of this topic. Therefore if they are present they will have to come up against the benefit of the doubt being extended to those willing to stretch the hypothesis to include the possible existence of sentient beings that can't be seen.

Rules:

3f. Abusive behaviour: Do not be rude, insulting, offensive, snide, obnoxious or abusive towards other members.

5f. Balanced debate: Do not make posts forbidding opposing viewpoints, both sides of a debate should be represented.

Just thought you should look over a couple of these. :tu:

• Like 1

Rules:

3f. Abusive behaviour: Do not be rude, insulting, offensive, snide, obnoxious or abusive towards other members.

5f. Balanced debate: Do not make posts forbidding opposing viewpoints, both sides of a debate should be represented.

Just thought you should look over a couple of these. :tu:

• 5i. Rule quoting: Do not quote the site rules to other members, if you believe the rules have been broken please hit the 'report' button.

Which is funny, cause as soon as I point this rule out, I've broken it. Lol.

• Like 2

Demons are quite dangerous and scary.

• 5i. Rule quoting: Do not quote the site rules to other members, if you believe the rules have been broken please hit the 'report' button.

Which is funny, cause as soon as I point this rule out, I've broken it. Lol.

Yeah, I saw that one too, I practically have them memorized, but I had to be smarmy. LOL

Oh and I was just trying to help the mods. :innocent:

edited to add my big fat lie j/k

Edited by coldethyl
  • Like 2

Yes, people shouldn't be snide here. Nor should they attempt to rein in free speech when that free speech is not directed at them but at the topic of demons. I note with no little irony that the one poster here that seems to be accusing me of all types of crimes is herself appearing to engage in the very crimes she accuses.

On to demons...

In addition to keeping a pug dog, there are other ways to note if someone is infested. Look at the eyes. In heavily infested people, the "shine" in a person's eyes is allowed to be there as a disguise, but it appears duller than other people. People unclogged with these parasites will have a great twinkle in their eye that soothes people when they look at it. Infested people when challenged especially, will actually lose all the shine when their parasite takes the reins. Like in horror movies [art does imitate life in this regard], the person's eyes will temporariliy lose all shine and become almost uniform in color. Sometimes they appear black even, like two holes going into empty space.

Also I've seen a patina to the skin that changes. It comes in gray tones. I've actually seen people disappear in front of me shrouded by a mask like aura of grey. It's fleeting usually.

Edited by SSilhouette

Yes, people shouldn't be snide here. Nor should they attempt to rein in free speech when that free speech is not directed at them but at the topic of demons. I note with no little irony that the one poster here that seems to be accusing me of all types of crimes is herself appearing to engage in the very crimes she accuses.

The only crime this poster has accused you of is ignorance.

If that's a crime please cite a reference where someone has been incarcerated for it.

• Like 1

Man.. Alright OC, here's the deal. I tried. I read the post you linked to, and even the posts you linked to inside the post you linked to. I watched the video. There is just something in my brain that won't let me believe it. Maybe I just have such a hard time taking someone else's word for something that seems so fantastic I'd have to see it myself to believe it. Perhaps its a trust thing. It probably is connected to the same reasons I have trouble accepting the Bible as truth.

It feels EXACTLY this same as this example I will use to illustrate my point. Well two examples. I have two good friends, one of them loves The Cure. The other one loves Mr. Bungle. (those are bands for those of you having trouble keeping up). I love my two friends dearly and so I have tried on multiple occasions to join them in their appreciation of these two bands. I can appreciate their talent, I can appreciate their artistic integrity, but I cannot for the life of me enjoy these two bands. Just doesn't work. They both just irritate something at my core and it just doesn't happen.

Believing in demons is sort of the same. I can appreciate the fact that these vetted, corroborated witnesses seem sincere - I wouldn't accuse them of lying. I just can't bring my self around to believe it. Something fundamental in me rejects it.

OC - I have respect for you and your positions - you present them articulately and with conviction. I cannot agree with you and be true to myself, however. Thanks for your time and patience.

The original point was addressing testimonial evidence. I doubt you would have any problem believing those same witnesses in a court of law on some other subject, but in the case of the supernatural you have a predilection not to believe. That is why you reject the testimony. It has nothing to do with the caliber of the witness. It is not skepticism to beg the question of the supernatural. It is materialism.