Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Missing 5yr old girl in Wales

Chris Baker

I don't have a link :blush: , but the charge of attempting to perverse the course of justice relates to "unlawful disposal and concealment of her body."

but the charge of attempting to perverse the course of justice relates to "unlawful disposal and concealment of her body

Honest question, is this even legal from the courts/laws point of view. for him to even fight this charge, he wold have to admit to guilt :unsure2:

Edited by Bavarian Raven

Honest question, is this even legal from the courts/laws point of view. for him to even fight this charge, he wold have to admit to guilt :unsure2:

I think the charge is appropriate since there's sufficient evidence to charge him with murder.

I can't imagine how her family must be feeling, not knowing where her body is. They need closure of some kind. He's an evil man for not leading the police to her yet :cry:

Another update -

"April Jones accused Mark Bridger remanded in custody after court hearing"

"There was no application for bail and he was remanded in custody to appear in a plea and case management hearing on 11 January."

http://www.bbc.co.uk...-wales-19892608

I really really wish he'd tell them where the wee girl's body is. :(

I don't know if I'm reading this question better this morning, but no, he doesn't have to admit guilt to fight that charge.

Right now, if he were to try to "eliminate" that one charge (as an investigative tactic, they might have presented that to him), yeah, he'd essentially be admitting guilt, but of course, it wouldn't be possible for him to do that if he wasn't guilty.

I can't imagine how her family must be feeling, not knowing where her body is. They need closure of some kind. He's an evil man for not leading the police to her yet :cry:

I've heard so many parents say that the not knowing is the hardest part to live with.

I'd say it has to be an "extraordinarily" evil person- if I were to measure evil- who would deliberately deny those who's lives he's already devastated beyond comprehension, the opportunity to recover and take proper care of her body.

He continues to take and destroy, and it's disgusting, it's infuriating, and it's heart-breaking.

• Like 1

Another update -

"April Jones accused Mark Bridger remanded in custody after court hearing"

"There was no application for bail and he was remanded in custody to appear in a plea and case management hearing on 11 January."

http://www.bbc.co.uk...-wales-19892608

I really really wish he'd tell them where the wee girl's body is. :(

I don't normally say something like this, but that man has guilt written all over his face.

I don't normally say something like this, but that man has guilt written all over his face.

??

Just curious but what exactly "makes" him look guilty? :S

??

Just curious but what exactly "makes" him look guilty? :S

If I thought it was something tangible, it'd be easy to explain. What I mean is it's not like I analyzed his facial expression and then based an opinion... although it is something he conveys.

I've seen lots of mug shots of suspects for all sorts of crimes, and I guess I always form some kind of an impression, consciously or not, regarding their overall appearance, but the notion of guilt or innocence isn't a predominate thought, and it certainly doesn't dominate all other thoughts. In this case, it was my only thought.

Now, I'm all about the evidence...the lab results...the autopsy findings (if possible)...the correlating of witness statements. I want to see documentation, and I want to know the source, and so on, and that's why I said that I don't normally say something like that. I don't look to a still photo and say "Oh, he looks guilty to me."

The thing is, I don't recall ever looking to a mug shot and having such an immediate, overwhelming impression, and I had it the very moment I saw his face.

Was it a fair comment? Usually, I'd say no, and maybe it's not, but it's something I find remarkable.

• 5 months later...

Okay, so since I'm all wired up, I'll put out a theory that I have had for a while about this. I remember watching this on the news with my mum and I remember something about the man saying that, "He didn't kill her, but was probably responsible for her death."

I remember looking at my mum and saying, "Maybe someone else was in the van." It was meant as a joke at first, but then I started to think about it.How could be be 'responsible for her death' but didn't actually kill her, providing that he was telling the truth? I came up with this; The man charged was in the van, the driver, but there was a second person, in the back maybe? I think it was the second person who killed her, maybe it was an accident, maybe it wasn't, but some how the second man left the van, possibly taking the body with him (this would indicate that the man who was charged doesn't know where the body is) and the driver was left, guilt ridden because he knew what had happened and that he could have stopped it. Don't get me wrong I'm not sticking up for him, but I think that there is the possibility of a second party to this crime.

• Like 1

"He didn't kill her, but was probably responsible for her death."

That's just legal speak from a defense attorney.

His client is guilty and although he says that he was "probably responsible", he's attempting to lessen his culpability.

rumour at the time was that bridger was aprils biological father.

don't think this will ever come out now even if true...but i posited this on another forum at the time based on the basic evidence and some locals told me that those were the rumours doing the rounds in the local area....

rumour at the time was that bridger was aprils biological father.

don't think this will ever come out now even if true...but i posited this on another forum at the time based on the basic evidence and some locals told me that those were the rumours doing the rounds in the local area....

I think rumors like that usually come about because people are trying to find something that distances them from what happened; they need to find a reason that what happened to April and her family wouldn't happen to them.

I think rumors like that usually come about because people are trying to find something that distances them from what happened; they need to find a reason that what happened to April and her family wouldn't happen to them.

indeed but this makes sense when the history of Bridger is examined - he has various kids by different, married, mothers on the estate where april lived...he was also well known to the Jones family...and i believe did have a relationship with Aprils mother.

the abduction happened after a parents evening at the local school which aprils family and bridger all attended....april was actually only allowed out on her own that night as a 'treat' because she had recieved such a glowing report from her teachers.

indeed but this makes sense when the history of Bridger is examined - he has various kids by different, married, mothers on the estate where april lived...he was also well known to the Jones family...and i believe did have a relationship with Aprils mother.

Pedophiles get close to people with children- even have married single parents- so they can have access to their children.

My heart breaks for April and her poor family. As a parent myself thinking of your child being taken away, scared and hurt must surely be the worst kind of heartbreak for anyone to deal with. Even now just thinking of that poor girl and he family brings tears to my eyes.

The only thing I get when I look at Bridgers mug shot is an urge to bash his head against a table until he tells the truth..... and I am honestly not a violent person!!

• Like 1

Pedophiles get close to people with children- even have married single parents- so they can have access to their children.

they also leave victims behind them everywhere...and to date i don't recall any suggestion that bridger had any sexual interest in little girls...i stand to be corrected there but right now i'm struggling for motive...and as someone further up the page said bridger looked VERY guilty indeed...like he regretted it....which again is odd in these kind of cases...i can't remember another case where the suspect / culprit seemed so asthetically remorseful as soon as they were arrested.

also the press seem to be implying this over and over without explicitly saying so....google 'mark bridger april jones biological father'...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9600265/The-tangled-family-ties-between-Mark-Bridger-and-April-Jones.html

april also had cerebal palsy....she struggled with life...it wasn't easy for her...i could imagine a situation where bridger, either being or believing himself to be her biological father, saw her struggle, felt unable to help...and believed that killing her would be an act of mercy to prevent her struggles through life.

just my thoughts...but please also consider that the family of april NAMED bridger as a suspect immediately following her abduction - why would this be so?

consider that the family of april NAMED bridger as a suspect immediately following her abduction - why would this be so?

Didn't his vehicle match the abduction vehicle?

Didn't his vehicle match the abduction vehicle?

i believe he was named prior to any id of the vehicle....i think that followed his naming and not the other way round....i followed this story as it developed very closely at the time.

i believe he was named prior to any id of the vehicle....i think that followed his naming and not the other way round....i followed this story as it developed very closely at the time.

I recall that the children who gave the vehicle description also reported that April appeared to have gone willingly, so that's all authorities had to go on, but it was very important info., and in this case, it was enough.

That she'd get into a vehicle willing told investigators that she likely knew her abductor- that it was someone she trusted, and indeed, bless her heart, it was.

Yeah I remember the kids saying she had gone off willingly with someone in a Landrover style vehicle but can't remember at what point that was. Before or after the finger was pointed at Bridger.

• 1 month later...

This is the latest from the April Jones case. Sounds like there is a lot of evidence coming to light now against Bridger. Blood matching DNA in his home, and bone fragments from a youngster in his wood burner.

Just wish he would tell the truth and spare the poor parents all this :(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-22353735

• Like 1

Yeah I remember the kids saying she had gone off willingly with someone in a Landrover style vehicle but can't remember at what point that was. Before or after the finger was pointed at Bridger.

You know, the children who witnessed the abduction might have recognized Bridger's vehicle as having been at April's home before, or they might could have even identified Bridger.

Regardless, the parents could/would have informed police of anyone and everyone they knew who drove a vehicle of a particular description.

something seems off about all this....can't put my finger on it but if bridger was id'd early on then how on earth did he have the opportunity to take april back to his house and, seemingly, dismember her and dispose of her body....