Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bear makes itself at home in woman's backyard

Still Waters

A protective home-owner came face to face with an unlikely visitor on Friday when an enormous black bear climbed onto her porch in search of food.

The heavy-limbed, furry behemoth was making its way happily up some stairs to the deck when Nishanto, the owner of the house, emerged and, standing mere metres away, loudly gave the bear its marching orders.

Alarmed by Nishanto's fearless and noisy histrionics as she screamed at it to 'Get down, right now!' the bear wasted no time in backing down the steps and scurrying away across the lawn.

http://www.dailymail...ders-leave.html

I can't say as I'd advocate stepping out on ones porch and confronting a bear like that. IMO, she should have yelled at the bear out the window. The bear reacted with fear, he might just have easily reacted with aggression. And, trust me on this, bears can move pretty darn fast when they want to. They may look big and slow...that's just not so.

• Like 3

I keep and air horn that will make your ears ring for fifteen minutes after firing it off. It would be perfect for getting rid of a bear of any other creature you wanted to get rid of.

Yeah, air horns can work wonders in discouraging wildlife away from ones home.

The bear, although a nuisance, was quite beautiful though.

• Like 1

I love them....I would probably have sat inside watching it out the window. The problem would be all the children that live around me. Their parents walk them around the neighborhood riding their little three wheelers and bicycles so I'd have to get on the phone and tell them to stay inside.

Maybe the woman built a house in the bears back yard.

• Like 1

Black bears are famously afraid of humans. Acting aggressive around a black bear is the best thing you can do to get it to leave. They aren't territorial with humans and barely even defend their cubs. If a wild dog had as much potential to hurt or kill as a black bear, it'd be a thousand times more dangerous. Ignorant people shoot black bears just for coming onto their property like this. The more comfortable this bear feels about walking around in yards the more likely he's going to get shot by a moron who doesn't know better. Kudos to the woman who knew exactly what to do.