Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do you deserve to exist? Why or Why not?

Bendy Demon

Just a passing thought, there seems to be this concept that we have a basic right to live..that we somehow deserve to live so I am just curious as to what you think.

Do you deserve to exist? Why or why not?

Do you need to deserve it?

Who? Me? Of course not.

• Like 1

Wow. Really. This is just an unaswerable question. You exist regardless of if you deserve it or not so to some extent you don't have a choice. You do have a choice of existing or not after the fact so if you really believe you don't deserve to exist shouldn't you take the moral high ground, do the right thing and end it?

disclaimer: I'm not telling anyone to kill themselves so don't do it. If you're considering it find help. I believe we're here because we're supposed to be.

• Like 2

disclaimer: I'm not telling anyone to kill themselves so don't do it.

Really? Sounded to me like you just did in a roundabout way. :devil: (kidding)

But in seriousness I ask because I have been reading quite a few articles and most of them claim how we have this right to exist, how we "deserve" to live and I just would like to know why or why not.

Who? Me? Of course not.

In general. Why would anybody have to be deserving of life. Why couldn't you just be alive and that's it, no right to be alive and also no reason not be alive.

And who would decide what is the premise of deserving life? Do you need to become a well respected citizen in your lifetime? Can you be a smooth criminal?

I don't think it's about having a right to be alive, it's about having rights once you are alive.

• Like 1

Exactly unanswerable. My parents act of fornication caused me to exist. I didn't ask them to fornicate nor did they ask me. They had me. This topic at least in the context as is, is rather hopless to contribute much of an answer to I feel.

SINcerely,

:devil:

EDIT: This notion of a "right" or to be "deserving" of anything is solely man's own ego.

Edited by Dying Seraph

In general. Why would anybody have to be deserving of life. Why couldn't you just be alive and that's it, no right to be alive and also no reason not be alive.

And who would decide what is the premise of deserving life? Do you need to become a well respected citizen in your lifetime? Can you be a smooth criminal?

I don't think it's about having a right to be alive, it's about having rights once you are alive.

Don't read too much into my passive post. I am not insinuating anything and if you thought I was then it was not my intentions.

But you do raise an interesting point regarding the "deserve/right to exist" thing...who is making that judgement?

How do we determine this so-called "right"?

Don't read too much into my passive post. I am not insinuating anything and if you thought I was then it was not my intentions.

But you do raise an interesting point regarding the "deserve/right to exist" thing...who is making that judgement?

How do we determine this so-called "right"?

I didn't think you were insinuating anything, no worries.

Im just saying there is no real right to existence, it just happens. There is no guiding -overseeing- force over it. Therefore there is no true deserving of life, life just is.

Exactly unanswerable. My parents act of fornication caused me to exist. I didn't ask them to fornicate nor did they ask me. They had me. This topic at least in the context as is, is rather hopless to contribute much of an answer to I feel.

SINcerely,

:devil:

EDIT: This notion of a "right" or to be "deserving" of anything is solely man's own ego.

Yeah I agree I mean who is to say we have a right to exist, and the way we kill off animals is just insanely sick

No we do not. That we exist at all is a because of a very long list of fortunate events. That doesn't mean we don't deserve it though, the universe doesn't "care" if we exist.

• Like 1

yes i deserve every single day that i wake up still chained to this awful physical body. it's my own fault really...karma and all that.

;)

Just a passing thought, there seems to be this concept that we have a basic right to live..that we somehow deserve to live so I am just curious as to what you think.

Do you deserve to exist? Why or why not?

If everyone deserves to live, then why do nations like the U.S. continue with their death penalty crimes? Condemning someone to die can be easily translated into that they don’t deserve to live. I don’t think that existing without conscious willingness to be alive is a matter of deserving or not. We are and there is nothing more to it. Nor do I think life is so precious. Who then rises to the position of such great power as to deem a person unworthy of life?

• Like 1

Even if we don't deserve it we are here and I intend to be here as long as I can.

I already exist.. so...............?

But ...I believe that some people deserve NOT to exist!

Edited by Overdueleaf

Humanity has every right to exist, we are beautifully complex creatures that earn our place in a world that does everything possible to destroy us. No one can deny our right to BE and to find our true destiny no matter how long it takes our how far we have to go.

• Like 1

Do you need to deserve it?

Sorry..I mis-read that.

I thought you were asking me if I deserved to live. Still..I'd say No.

Yes I deserve to exist and deserve to live as long as any attempts to take either fail. If they succeed well then I guess I didn't deserve to exist or live anymore.

Every form of life, including humans, deserve their existence - simply because they are alive. They shouldn't have to earn it, beg for it, understand it or feel guilty about having it. Our existence should be cherished while we have it.

• Like 1

This brings to mind a conversation I had with a friend the other day about the 'sanctity of life,' by which she meant that every life is a precious gift, etc. etc.

My stance? No, it's not. Life is cheap. You can create a new life in five minutes (or less!) + however long the gestation period is. Gestation is not some mystical, magical thing that bestows some worth on the life. Life is everywhere on this planet for the most part. There's nothing special about it.

• Like 2

Everyone deserves it, but the question is, do you live like you do deserve it?

Depends on what you feel one must do in order to "deserve" it. 99.99% of the populace simply exists, going to work, paying taxes, going home, do some stuff, go to bed and do it all over again for the next 80 years of ones life. Does that count?