Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jane Goodall 'fascinated' by Bigfoot

Saru

Well, the subject is Jane Goodall, not Meldrum.

I think she's a bit like me, never seen one, don't know if they exist or not, however, every now and then I see something that makes me wonder. There is not one bit of hard evidence but when I take all the bits and pieces together and look at them then I can't say there isn't something that people are seeing. What that something is I can't say......because I haven't seen it. Jane Goodall, is a highly respected field researcher and someone I'd consider to be an expert on primates. If she's "fascinated" by Bigfoot then she has that right. It doesn't mean she's ready to mount up an expedition to go study it.

This. I agree 100%. I'm the same way with paranormal stuff. I've never experienced anything paranormal and I don't know if it really exists, but it's very interesting and I love reading about it.

• Like 1

evidences are just too strong to ignore.

voice recordings of some unknown beast letting out several horrifyingly loud screaches were studied and found that no known indigenous creature could have made such a screach. the closest animal they could find to try to match the sound was from a primate.

I say this is BS. It has never been verified to have been made by an unknown creature. If bigfeet make these loud noises, wouldn't it make it easier for us to find them? Not as smart as we think they are. The sounds ARE made by a primate. Human.

....just a note here..

if and when your ever out in the woods or any kinda forest or "outback" in the wilds..you can hear any strange sound from any critter and even your mind will make you think you just heard a strange sound or voice it doesn't realy matter what it is if any one has spent any time out in the "back 40" you would know this to be true as far as foot prints yeah tracks can tell you a lot about what your after or whats after you learning to read different signs some times takes a wile even if your experenced but you can get the basics from looking at any foot print at lest what direction your headed to say the lest lol i wouldnt expect some one that is not fumular with being out doors in the "back 40" to realy under stand this but then i dont track down the nearest starbucks in town eather so....lmao good fkn luck with that :gun:

oh and yes i do think there is "big foot" out there some place.. when i was growing up i spent a lot of every weekend out in the woods with my grand father who did his best to teach me the old school ways of surviveing and knowing different signs so it could be said i have close to 40 years wondering around under the pine trees and walking through southern red clay muck and hop scotching rocks on the side of the mountains and i still dont know all thats out there to know and im not claiming to but once down on the arkansas river just south of clark county theres a strech of woods along the river thats hard to get to less you walk in it was ealy one morning i'd woke up needing to pee before day light so i went out past a little from our camp site and there less then 25 feet away about what seemed then to be way up there in higth was theses eyes looking back at me an in the early morning shadows i could clearly see this beast standing there looking back at me i do very well remenber the grunting sounds and the smell very bad order like rotted sour mud it stood there a few moments then backed off as i ran like hell back to wake the rest of camp up all we even saw of it after that was where it had been ...so yeah i know theres a beast out there its only a matter of time before after long last its a proven fact they do excist!!!

I, like Dr. Goodall, am fascinated by the idea of Bigfoot.

I don't believe for one minute that they exist, but I am fascinated by them.

• Like 1

evidences are just too strong to ignore.

for one, one scientist proved that all known bigfoot prints make a bell curve, showing that the datum, for the most part, are quite real. an outcome like that could not happen if the prints were made randomly by fakers.

voice recordings of some unknown beast letting out several horrifyingly loud screaches were studied and found that no known indigenous creature could have made such a screach. the closest animal they could find to try to match the sound was from a primate.

evidences lke these are strong, too strong to ignore.

None of these things are evidence.

Also, anytime you hear the claim that "no other creature could have made such a screech," you should take the whole thing with a whole tablespoon of grains of salt.

None of these things are evidence.

Also, anytime you hear the claim that "no other creature could have made such a screech," you should take the whole thing with a whole tablespoon of grains of salt.

On this I have to agree with you, none of this is real evidence. However, to a believer, it's enough. To a skeptic it's nothing. Fact is until we have a body, skeleton or possibly capture one, we don't have any evidence. I hope for capture or the skeleton, but if given the chance to shoot one, I will then get it to a reputable primate research facility who can do the proper work to determine what it is and it's place on the primate tree. Short of that, then a grain of salk or an entire box is required.

Nothing personal EoT, we'll just have to disagree "the evidence".

.....and yes, I am completely fascinated with them as well.

Edited by keninsc

On this I have to agree with you, none of this is real evidence. However, to a believer, it's enough. To a skeptic it's nothing. Fact is until we have a body, skeleton or possibly capture one, we don't have any evidence. I hope for capture or the skeleton, but if given the chance to shoot one, I will then get it to a reputable primate research facility who can do the proper work to determine what it is and it's place on the primate tree. Short of that, then a grain of salk or an entire box is required.

Nothing personal EoT, we'll just have to disagree "the evidence".

.....and yes, I am completely fascinated with them as well.

And given that these things allegedly range the world over and seem especially concentrated in high population areas, the fact that bodies and skeletons haven't turned up over the past several hundred years is quite damning.

However, to a believer, it's enough. To a skeptic it's nothing.

But that's the issue... this will ALWAYS be about nothing more than belief. Belief is an acceptance of something as true without evidence.

And "evidence" isn't subjective. There are certain criteria for actual evidence. The term "evidence" gets thrown around a lot in bigfoot discussions, but there actually isn't any evidence as accepted by science.

Although I do believe in sasquatch, neognosis is correct. There is no real evidence which can be said to conclusively prove bigfoot exists. Much like aliens in flying saucers, sure there is no doubt that many people have seen strange craft in the sky, but that does not prove aliens exist or are visiting us. Since it would take a corpse or a captured speciman to prove the existence of bigfoot, I personally hope they remain mythical.

And given that these things allegedly range the world over and seem especially concentrated in high population areas, the fact that bodies and skeletons haven't turned up over the past several hundred years is quite damning.

Thank you for confirming what I typed.

The various naturalists and biologists have been finding new fantastic species et al, in remote areas of the world, and they all have strange stories from the indigenous people they are in contact with in these remote areas. The people who live in and around these remote areas would be fequently catching sights of these creatures because man is forever encroaching on the wild and remote areas as over population rears it's head! So the scientists hear all these stories, and I bet they have had evidence given to them! But they know if they want to continue at the top of their field of research, they have to keep their mouths shut and not rock the boat. You only have type in suppressed archeology or suppressed paleontology in a search engine and you get accounts from scientists who did just that! And they have had their careers ruined as a result! <_<

Edited by Magiclass