Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Big Bad Voodoo

Giant Bat Found In Peru

34 posts in this topic

Probably just persepctive, distance, and angling of the camera as others have said that make it look so huge.

Still, I think a large bat could account for some sightings of some cryptids.

1 person likes this

I think flying foxes are adorable. I hate to see it dead but I understand a lot of cultures eat bats. I hope they eat that one, I hope they didn't kill it just to fake a picture... And it is fake... It's all a matter of perspective.

1 person likes this

why would they need to fabricate it when the species exists?

That picture indicates a wingspan of like 6 meters. Flying foxes don't get much over 2 and 1/2.

1 person likes this

That picture indicates a wingspan of like 6 meters. Flying foxes don't get much over 2 and 1/2.

It certainly hasn't a wingspan of 6 meters; look at the next pic:

post-18246-0-52177600-1349866538_thumb.j

They stuck a cigarette in its mouth.

i dont know if anyone posted this yet but has anyone noticed the rambo knife at the very top? if so sorry i just saw it. that means the bat is only like 2 feet and close to the camera

Edited by joeyluislopez

I think flying foxes are adorable. I hate to see it dead but I understand a lot of cultures eat bats. I hope they eat that one, I hope they didn't kill it just to fake a picture... And it is fake... It's all a matter of perspective.

Yes, I think that flying foxes are adorable, too. If, however, I saw one as big as in this bogus picture, I'd freak out.

Yes, I think that flying foxes are adorable, too. If, however, I saw one as big as in this bogus picture, I'd freak out.

Yes, it's still pretty big isn't it? Lol

It's a hoax. A Flying Fox enlarged and photo-shopped onto a picture of a an encampment. There is nothing holding the 'bat' to the crossbar (the duct tape is clearly holding the crossbar to the uprights). Also, note that no one is paying the slightest attention to the 'bat'.....because it is not really there.

I'm inherently leery about photos of people standing behind supposedy "huge" animals, it's our old friend "forced perspective" at work.

Yep that's it!

For anyone who's not convinced: Check out the vertical bit of wood it's attached to on the right side, you can see in the far bottom right side of the photo that the wood is actually in the foreground ;)