Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Apparitions in the sky (photo)

KKOPPI

Greetings everybody.

It is around 2.30 AM here right now and about half an hour ago, while I was listening to an audiobook, I ocasionally looked outside and I saw like a bright vertical bar in the clouds. I obviously jumped out of my bed to go and check it in detail. I had and still have no clue of what it could be. Then another smaller one appeared, They lasted about 5 minutes and I managed to take a picture.

(I had to go downstairs to get the camera and by the time I found it the intensity of the things had gone down)

29yf3vr.jpg

They're just on top of the roof. Interesting stuff I think.

• Like 1

It is interesting. It looks cloudy there and I was wondering if it was light coming from the street below. Thanks for posting.

They may of not lasted very long because the clouds moved.

Welcome to UM.

Could they be spotlights on the ground shining up at the sky?

My boyfriend and I once drove for an hour at night chasing two ufos dancing in the sky. The source turned out to be two spotlights coming from a car dealership that was having a sale. :w00t:

We were both pretty stoned at the time. :st

Clouds and lights can sometimes combine to form some weird things...

One of the coolest I ever saw was a rainbow cloud... It was a smallish cloud that was also a rainbow - wish I'd had a camera... I haven't seen one since...

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts.

It is interesting. It looks cloudy there and I was wondering if it was light coming from the street below. Thanks for posting.

I was thinking of that too but I remember 'busting' that thought as I saw the light was just an object in the sky with no source from the ground.

cheers.

Looks Likes Spotlights

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts.

I was thinking of that too but I remember 'busting' that thought as I saw the light was just an object in the sky with no source from the ground.

cheers.

How exactly did you 'bust' this? There is no object, the beams are clearly emanating ground-up.

How exactly did you 'bust' this? There is no object, the beams are clearly emanating ground-up.

It was no beam, because the house top was low enough for me to see that there was no actual light under the objects. It may not be clear in the pic. And I remember the thing starting out as a ball-formed object. It expanded, it became a vertical bar and it slowly disappeared. I'm not directly saying it was paranormal but I am sure it was no 'traditional' beam as we all know it.

i have seen some odd sky stuff :yes: good fortune that you took a photo.

It was no beam, because the house top was low enough for me to see that there was no actual light under the objects. It may not be clear in the pic. And I remember the thing starting out as a ball-formed object. It expanded, it became a vertical bar and it slowly disappeared.

Often spot lights aren't visible until they hit clouds. That would explain the gap you saw.

In any case the beams in your photo start at the roof line of the house. There is so much noise, banding, flare and splotches in the photo that for all we know they could be just an electronic or optical artifacts of the camera.

I respect your assumptions. I just tried my best to get a nice picture of them :) it is very hard to take pictures at night with a simple camera. A final thing I want to take in consideration is that I don't live in NY city, such beams wouldn't be likely to appear at all, in my small city. only big thing in the center is a cathedral.