Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Great Debate Picture

Merc14

Biden hasn't been around for all these years because he's a goofball. The guy is a career poltiician and knows how to work it.

On the debate itself. This was certainly Mitt's best showing. I have to be honest, it gives me much to think about.

But, winning a debate does not equate winning the election.

Couldn't agree more, especially regarding Biden. This will not be the butt whoopin' everyone is imagining.

Biden hasn't been around for all these years because he's a goofball.

So the fact that you don't know what the VP does makes him a goofball?!

Because you are pandering. First of all, a Pyrrhic victory is one where the cost was so high that winning another battle will wipe you out, so how does that apply to Romney? Did this debate somehow cost him so much taht if he wins the next one he loses the election?

See Romney out and out lied on nearly everything he said. And nearly all of it goes against what he told Republicans he stood for. You should be scratching your head as to who he really is.

See Romney out and out lied on nearly everything he said. And nearly all of it goes against what he told Republicans he stood for. You should be scratching your head as to who he really is.

Yeah I heard that meme. Apparently Romney lied so much the the Super High IQ Obama's (of course no one knows Obama's IQ, or his college GPA but the left is convinced he has a Super High IQ :w00t: ) brain got locked up trying to refute them all. LMAO. You guys should let it go and just move on. Your guy screwed the pooch, big time, and trying to excuse iyt just makes it worse but hey, who am I to tell all you brilliant leftists what to do. :tsu:

Biden hasn't been around for all these years because he's a goofball. The guy is a career poltiician and knows how to work it.

Yea you're probably right but the guy has a way of saying some ridiculous things. Recently he said about some young cheerleaders and the amazing things they do on that hard wood. He assures us the president has a big stick. Romneys gonna put y'all back in chains. He's got a trillion dollar tax hike coming.

• Like 1

A good example of how politics have become a b-astardized us vs. them, where the only option is to choose a popular side, or be ignored. Choosing a "side" apparently also speaks of your personal character in any points or observations you attempt to make involving political discussion.

I guess this is just sports to some.

Thank you. I have been referring to the "us vs. them" syndrome for years as being one of the basest of human emotions. Nowhere is it more evident than in politics and in sports. The idea that either party is capable of representing the majority of US citizens on a cosistant basis is laughable.

Yeah I heard that meme. Apparently Romney lied so much the the Super High IQ Obama's brain got locked up trying to refute them all.

In fact that's true. By the time he could answer even one of Romney's blatant falsehoods, Romney had uttered three more. How many times can you call your opponent a liar when he keeps on doing it.

• Like 1

Yea you're probably right but the guy has a way of saying some ridiculous things. Recently he said about some young cheerleaders and the amazing things they do on that hard wood. He assures us the president has a big stick. Romneys gonna put y'all back in chains. He's got a trillion dollar tax hike coming.

Oh man, I hope you're right and Uncle Joe goes off the wall crazy in front of millions of viewers. If he does we may have a chance of seeing Chris Matthews keel over on live TV from a burst blood vessel.

So the fact that you don't know what the VP does makes him a goofball?!

Slow down there turtle-dude, you've either misread or misconstrued my point.

My point was that Biden is a very good politician, I was replying the the Roy Orbison fellow about the Biden being a 'joke'. He shouldn't be underestimated in the vp debates. The man is polished and is in this comfort zone on that type of setting.

• Like 1

Slow down there turtle-dude, you've either misread or misconstrued my point.

My point was that Biden is a very good politician, I was replying the the Roy Orbison fellow about the Biden being a 'joke'. He shouldn't be underestimated in the vp debates. The man is polished and is in this comfort zone on that type of setting.

Good advice, never underestimate the enemy. Still, it would be great fun to have a few massive gaffes.

Well, I don't think he's the enemy either...

In fact, I already have my ballot here at my house. I've not filled it out yet though...

Because you are pandering. First of all, a Pyrrhic victory is one where the cost was so high that winning another battle will wipe you out, so how does that apply to Romney? Did this debate somehow cost him so much taht if he wins the next one he loses the election? :unsure2: Only an Obamamaniac would see debate as a bad thing for Romney.

Romney out performed, out played, etc Obama. But the way he did so was through things he was called by the press as "wrong" the moment he said it.

Any victory he gained against Obama in this one fight didn't result in any victory in the wider conflict, Obama though, he came out of it looking like an over-coached idiot, but Romney came out of it looking like a liar. Victory in the short term (the debate), a loss in the long term (the press reaction). That's a pyrrhic victory in my books.

Admittedly Romney's gained little other then the rewards from his opponent's loss, but he's lost little as well - the way he's perceived here in Australia is that he's a "merchant banker" while Obama is all swing and no ding.

An Obamamaniac would be couching this debate in terms of Obama's loss, rather then Romney's victory.

Obama looks like he's unable to have a proper debate and Romney looks like he can't debate without making stuff up. Really, noone won.

Edited by Wearer of Hats
  • Like 1

But the way he did so was through things he was called by the press as "wrong" the moment he said it.

Really? What'd you expect of the press? I'd like to know what he lied about. I'm sure there were some falsehoods but some of you guys just keep repeating the same mantra, he lied about every single thing with every word. I haven't seen any substantiation to back that up.

I haven't had much time since that night for catching up. So fill me in. It'd be a really bold thing to stand up in front of the entire country and lie about every single thing you say. When you're full of lies it can't be that easy to be as sharp and quick witted as he was. So given that, I think he at least had conviction in is words. Otherwise he'd have been bumbling and stumbling all night like the current leader of the free world and I only give Obama that gracious title due to technicality.

the way he's perceived here in Australia is...

...irrelevant.

not really, as I'm in Australia, and thus that's colouring my perception of him. Always uaeful to know whar inherent bias pwple bring to a debate.

OMG...even SNL is making fun of Obama. :lol:

This is the Presidential Reality Show. It's all a facade. Just like our current monetary system. A complete scam.

Vote 3rd party. Vote with your conscience.

This is the Presidential Reality Show. It's all a facade. Just like our current monetary system. A complete scam.

Vote 3rd party. Vote with your conscience.

I agree, but won't voting with my conscience in this case help out Obamy? As much as I love Gary Johnson and as much as I hate the "lesser of two evils" argument, Paul Ryan was right when he said these votes will only help the big O.

I agree, but won't voting with my conscience in this case help out Obamy? As much as I love Gary Johnson and as much as I hate the "lesser of two evils" argument, Paul Ryan was right when he said these votes will only help the big O.

He also seez that any vote but for Romney helps Obama.

I'd like to know what he lied about. I'm sure there were some falsehoods but some of you guys just keep repeating the same mantra, he lied about every single thing with every word. I haven't seen any substantiation to back that up.

I haven't had much time since that night for catching up. So fill me in.

http://thinkprogress...-in-38-minutes/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/07/paul-krugman-media-debate-reaction_n_1946360.html?utm_hp_ref=media

Edited by ninjadude

Sure it will but a vote for him is the same as a vote for Romney anyhow. Think long term goals. Voting with you're conscience today increases the odds for future elections. A large percentage of people who don't vote will go to the polls when the 3rd party numbers rise.... and there is a lot of them.... at least 30% of the population excluding the independent voters who cast a lesser-of-evil ballot. Your vote is never wasted in voting with your conscience.

voting for Obama or Romny is like deciding to drink coke or pepsi.... its a joke.... a slap in the face to so-called Democracy..... America is ready for a 3rd party to rise.

• Like 1

is like deciding to drink coke or pepsi.... its a joke....

them's fightin words. There is a distinct difference. We drink coke in my extended family. Pepsi drinkers need not apply.