Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why the US demonises Venezuela's democracy

ExpandMyMind

So in your world if a nation wishes you ill, works to harm you and gives aid to your enemies you would not "target" them?

So in your world if a nation hates you, they work to harm you and give aid to your enemies?

So in your world if a nation hates you, they work to harm you and give aid to your enemies?

Britain had some "friends" called Hessians. France helped the South in our Civil War. Germany had many, many spies and saboteurs in the US during WWI and WWII. China and Russia in the 60's - Vietnam. Marine Barracks Beirut, Khobar Towers, The two African Embassies, the USS Cole, WTC attack one, 9-11...... Yeah...I'd say that statement was accurate...

You really are paranoid, aren't you? Well, continue on your course then. Continue p***ing people off, and them targeting them because you're p***ed off. Clearly that's the right way to do things.

Btw, you keep claiming that people "misunderstand" you. I don't think so. You could have the stance that you target those that target you, but you didn't chose to say that, you chose to say that you target those who hate you. It is very possible for one to hate another, yet have no involvement in harming the other.

You really are paranoid, aren't you? Well, continue on your course then. Continue p***ing people off, and them targeting them because you're p***ed off. Clearly that's the right way to do things.

Btw, you keep claiming that people "misunderstand" you. I don't think so. You could have the stance that you target those that target you, but you didn't chose to say that, you chose to say that you target those who hate you. It is very possible for one to hate another, yet have no involvement in harming the other.

Are the examples I posted inaccurate? Why must you make this personal?

Are the examples I posted inaccurate? Why must you make this personal?

Are you kidding me? You show me a couple of examples of people who worked against the US, and therefore all people who hate you must be actively trying to harm you? What kind of a ridiculous leap on in logic is that?

Are you kidding me? You show me a couple of examples of people who worked against the US, and therefore all people who hate you must be actively trying to harm you? What kind of a ridiculous leap on in logic is that?

I wouldn't try to kid YOU Stellar! You seem to be the one doing the generalizing here. Obviously not every single human being that hates the US is spending their days actively planning our demise. But the context I WAS SPEAKING IN is replete with such examples. You become tiresome at times...almost troll like....

I wouldn't try to kid YOU Stellar! You seem to be the one doing the generalizing here. Obviously not every single human being that hates the US is spending their days actively planning our demise. But the context I WAS SPEAKING IN is replete with such examples. You become tiresome at times...almost troll like....

No no no. You are the one that said this:

So anyone that hates the US is a target in your world? You're at odds with a fair amount of it.

And proudly so. [...]

Dont try to backpeddle now.

[/background][/size][/font][/color]

No no no. You are the one that said this:

Dont try to backpeddle now.

Your statement was that I find myself at odds with a large portion of the world. I said I was proud to be so. I am. Proud to be at odds with a large part of the world which I disagree with.....

So in your world if a nation wishes you ill, works to harm you and gives aid to your enemies you would not "target" them?

because we don't want, need or can pay for war with the rest of the world. Everyone does not have to agree with you.

So Chavez is re-elected for a 3rd term. Although this guy is a whack job I say he was the better choice for the average Venezualan. It's good that he nationalized thier oil (reportedly the largest oil reserves in the world) and uses the money in social programs that hel the poorest part of thier population. His opponent would have had the rich richer and the poor poorer.

• Like 1

The guy changed the Constitution just so he could stay in power. Yeah he's a tool.

If you were one of the bottom 35% income earners in Venezuala you probably wouldn't think so.

Edited to add that Ronald Regan and Bill Clinton both tried to do the same thing.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

So, all the reports by the Human Rights Watch, Amnesty International and the Organisation of American States (all Americas) on the harassment of political opponents and opposition media as well as numerous incidents involving rights activists are all just lies forced down our throats by the Evil American Empire?

I thought you and the Guardian were above such drivel.

because we don't want, need or can pay for war with the rest of the world. Everyone does not have to agree with you.

Frankly Dude, I don't care if anyone agrees with me. This is a personal opinion I'm stating - not a demand that policy go my way. It seems childish for anyone to think that nations do not look after their self interest in every way possible. If you make problems for the USA then you can expect problems in return...it works the same for any other nation that has the power to project.

Frankly Dude, I don't care if anyone agrees with me. This is a personal opinion I'm stating - not a demand that policy go my way. It seems childish for anyone to think that nations do not look after their self interest in every way possible. If you make problems for the USA then you can expect problems in return...it works the same for any other nation that has the power to project.

Not a very christian attitude.

If you were one of the bottom 35% income earners in Venezuala you probably wouldn't think so.

Edited to add that Ronald Regan and Bill Clinton both tried to do the same thing.

He's done some good things but that doesn't stop him from being power hungry. Do you think it's ok that Chavez changed the laws of the country only to stay in power? Because I have a feeling that if an American president did that you'd be screaming bloody murder.

bloomberg did almost same thing

So that makes it ok?

Here is what Jimmy Carter said about Venezuela's "dictatorship" a few weeks ago: "As a matter of fact, of the 92 elections that we've monitored, I would say that the election process in Venezuela is the best in the world."

Hugo said he other day "he'd vote for Obama"...... i'm starting to think Venezuela, like Iran are both false flag states for the NWO.... it's too obvious now.

Nationalizing one's oil production is the fastest way to vilify oneself in the eyes of the US government. It was the basis for Operation Ajax overthrowing Mossadeq and resulted in the enemy we've made Iran into. This behavior from the US government lives on with how we treat Venezuela today.

Not a very christian attitude.

How kind of you to point it out. Do you have any boots you'd like for me to lick as well?

This behavior from the US government lives on with how we treat Venezuela today.

Irrespective of documented harassment of political opposition figures and media? Right. Why do people support states which have iffy human rights records because they are "anti-American"? I don't support Saudi Arabia because they are anti-Iranian.