Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bacteria turns toxic chemicals in to gold

Saru

Scientists have developed tiny bugs that can turn useless hazardous chemicals in to 24-karat gold.

The result of their research is actually an artwork, named "The Great Work of the Metal Lover". In features a portable lab in which the bacteria produce gold flakes in front of a live audience.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Sell all of your gold bars now! Once this process goes commercial gold prices will plummet!

I want that bacteria.

I will beat it into submission to produce cost effective gold conversion. A little "shock therapy" might be in order here. :passifier:

Edited by pallidin

Can we see if it will turn lead chloride into gold?

I want that bacteria.

I will beat it into submission to produce cost effective gold conversion. A little "shock therapy" might be in order here. :passifier:

Must you toture everything? First muslims now bacteria!

Omg is for real? It's from Huff Post so it must be legit... paperdryer is probably right about this being gold's possible market peak! Then again, do you think the distinction between Earth-made and man-made will have any form of competition? This is insane...

Just a thought for the serious researchers

In my exploration of ancient alchemists who were apparently on a cost basis and seemed to be succesful ....

There is both a chemical that is geological (metal acids etc that contain the metalic transformation "seed") but part of the secret was in a "phlegm" found in biology plants, animal, or the man himself that was then included with it in a subsequent distillation type process.

Seems these researchers duplicated the metalic flake step of the old legends but are missing a few steps.

Couldn't you introduce something biological to this as well and combine to work as a DNA RNA effect like in the process of cancers reproducing cells on a much faster scale?

I think the alchemists of today are missing the real importance of the work of old alchemy and that is the Universal Medicine that when assimulated by a human is very healing. Metallic gold was for the fakers and to fund the real alchemists in the ultimate transformation...themselves.

The gold is part of the source compound. The bacteria is just splitting the molecule. We got a long way to go to transform one element into another.

• Like 3

The gold is part of the source compound. The bacteria is just splitting the molecule. We got a long way to go to transform one element into another.

Except for CERN like experiments, heard they did that a decades ago but it was more way more costly to be practical.

• Like 1

This sounds like a bit of JP Morgan propaganda to me..

• Like 1

Perhaps there is hope for the gold standard after all?

Awesome.

Hopefully the value of gold drops, then I can paint everything with it.

That is what I was going to say. The bacteria is acting as a catalysing agent. Anyone people that got through a US high school should know what a catalysing agent is, right? So, I'm not sure this is aimed at anyone other then as Entertainment or at the truly ignornant.

I wonder how much Gold Chloride there could be out there in the world? The article says it is not cost effective, except as art.

• Like 2

Except for CERN like experiments, heard they did that a decades ago but it was more way more costly to be practical.

That is what I was going to say. The bacteria is acting as a catalysing agent. Anyone people that got through a US high school should know what a catalysing agent is, right? So, I'm not sure this is aimed at anyone other then as Entertainment or at the truly ignornant.

I wonder how much Gold Chloride there could be out there in the world? The article says it is not cost effective, except as art.

Now that I think about it, we do transform some elements... U235 into Kr92 and Ba141... get my drift? And of course fusion...

Sounds like a good way to eliminate the toxic waste; and get sum of the cost back.

No toxic waste + more gold.

Win + Win

is that for real or just a joke?

If it is real, It would ruin the gold marked. That would be sad.

I think it is real, just that it is not practical for making gold. The toxic chemical involved is less common then regular gold and is not available in large amounts.

It would be about as practical as trying to process sea water to get large amounts of gold.

Are the two golds any different?? not even the slightest??.What about on the molecular level. I would think that older countries in poorer places in this world of ours might benefit from it if is true.

Are the two golds any different?? not even the slightest??.What about on the molecular level. I would think that older countries in poorer places in this world of ours might benefit from it if is true.