Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Military Police to be used for crowd control

OverSword

http://www.infowars.com/military-police-used-for-crowd-control-in-south-carolina/

From the article:

“Perhaps someone should remind Chief of Staff of the U.S. Army, General Raymond T. Odierno that it is illegal for troops to conduct law enforcement domestically,” Paul Joseph Watson wrote on June 27. “In a recent Foreign Affairs piece, a publication of the Council on Foreign Relations, Odierno suggested that the army be ‘transitioned’ into a more ‘flexible force’ by deploying in situations normally reserved for domestic law enforcement officials.”

Oddly enough, the story leaves out using National Guardsmen at Kent ST in '68.

Oddly enough, the story leaves out using National Guardsmen at Kent ST in '68.

And we all know how that turned out. :tu: Good times are a comin!

This is from WIKI: bolding mine

"The statute only addresses the US Army and, since 1956, the US Air Force. It does not refer to, and thus does not restrict or apply to, the National Guard under state authority from acting in a law enforcement capacity within its home state or in an adjacent state if invited by that state's governor (in its federal capacity, the National Guard forms part of the Army or Air Force of the United States).

###

From just a cursory glance at the infowars claim of the 'Kentucky Derby', it seems that they were indeed from the Kentucky National Guard.

Heck, we didn't even need extra security after the Monday night Seahawks victory(?) over the Packers. I didn't see one fight, I saw a whole bunch of cheese heads pouting though :yes:

• Like 1

This is from WIKI: bolding mine

"The statute only addresses the US Army and, since 1956, the US Air Force. It does not refer to, and thus does not restrict or apply to, the National Guard under state authority from acting in a law enforcement capacity within its home state or in an adjacent state if invited by that state's governor (in its federal capacity, the National Guard forms part of the Army or Air Force of the United States).

###

From just a cursory glance at the infowars claim of the 'Kentucky Derby', it seems that they were indeed from the Kentucky National Guard.

Hey don't bring facts into an infowars story!

:P

• Like 4

ya, National guard are Volunteer State Militias. Governors can call them up to deal with 'situations' But Army MPs are Federal troops... those aren't supposed to be used as domestic police•

Heck, we didn't even need extra security after the Monday night Seahawks victory(?) over the Packers. I didn't see one fight, I saw a whole bunch of cheese heads pouting though :yes:

Any day a cheesehead pouts is a good day in my book...

Posse Comitatus was sacrificed at the altar of the War On Drugs back during Reagan's administration, and over the objection of his Sec Def.

Maybe it was at that point that we began down the slippery slope?

And now MPs are going to be 'policing' civilian students. Not a good sign. :td: