Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Still Waters

Stephen Fry: "only humans are homophobic"

152 posts in this topic

I think that's why I like him... ;)

I like him too.. Such a conundrum !!

Are you going to fight me for him now?

1 person likes this

I like him too.. Such a conundrum !!

Are you going to fight me for him now?

It's on, you Irish hussie!

You forgot to mention you are also judging others, telling them they live in darkness all because they didn't make the same choice as you did.. Naughty boy lol

I am not judging others any differently than I judge myself.

Regarding sexuality, again, no one here has any idea what I regard my own sexuality to be.

Imaginarynumber1 (and you) seem to be having a laugh at my expense by mockingly stating his attraction towards me as if it somehow makes me uncomfortable, or as if I would curse or revolt against him for doing so. This is not the case, however.

I don't care to discuss my sexuality or what persons I find sexually attractive in an open forum, but based on the reactions some have given to me within this thread they'd likely be very surprised about what they'd find out were they to discuss such things with me in private.

I really don't understand the need some feel for mockery or their need to draw incorrect assumptions about me.

If anyone in this thread wants to know my personal dealings with and thoughts on homosexuality you are free to PM me about it. I'd appreciate if people would do that as opposed to making such false presumptions about me regarding the subject.

Edited by Left-Field

It's on, you Irish hussie!

Shut up you tart..

1 person likes this

Imaginarynumber1 seems to be having a laugh at my expense by mockingly stating his attraction towards me as if it somehow makes me uncomfortable, or as if i would curse or revolt against him for doing so. This is not the case, however.

It's no joke.

I LOVE you. :wub:

I'd still like to know why it's wrong for me to romantically care about someone who's the same gender as myself.

you are free to PM me about it.

Whooohooo an invite...

It's no joke.

I LOVE you. :wub:

Who wouldn't? ;)

1 person likes this

I am not judging others any differently than I judge myself.

Ahh I see, you are a generous sort.. you will share the judging equally lol

Whooohooo an invite...

If you're interested send me a PM about it. I gotta be going now, but I'd answer when I can. I am far from being against gay people or anything of that nature.

It's not as black and white an issue for me as some of my posts may have seemingly indicated.

If you're interested send me a PM about it.

Yes lets do this in private ....away from that tart imaginarynumber1...He thinks science is the best source of knowledge..you and I both know that it was invented by the devil.. he is SO in the dark lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom
1 person likes this

Yes lets do this in private ....away from that tart imaginarynumber1...He thinks science is the best source of knowledge..you and I both know that it was invented by the devil.. he is SO in the dark lol

Curse you! Me an my Science Alot will be here in the dark... waiting.... we will get you all in the end!!!!

I-like-science-alot.png

Alot is better than you at everything

1 person likes this

Curse you! Me an my Science Alot will be here in the dark... waiting.... we will get you all in the end!!!!

I-like-science-alot.png

Alot is better than you at everything

I was hoping you would be more of a Sir Lancelot ..with the armour and sword.......Me and my darn fantasy's...I never quite got he hang of them lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom
1 person likes this

I was hoping you would be more of a Sir Lancelot ..With the armour and sword.......me and my darn fantasy's...I never quite got he hang of them lol

I just hide in dark corners and poke at things that pass by.

I just hide in dark corners and poke at things that pass by.

With what?

With what?

;)

Stephen Fry has denounced critics of same sex marriages claiming there are 260 animal species that have gay tendencies but only humans are homophobic.

The author, actor and presenter also accused the Church of England of caving in to “screeching” extremists who he claims have spread lies about gay marriage.

Fry, who is gay, spoke out in a new video, for the Out4Marriage campaign, which has persuaded a string of celebrities and politicians to back its calls for reform.

During a three minute monologue, he says gay people “used to be regarded as villains because we were so bohemian and outrageous and we eschewed family values, but we’re not.

"We’re human beings like everybody else and we believe first and foremost in love.

http://www.telegraph...homophobic.html

surely animals arnt complex enough to understand the concept of homosexuality and the animals arnt homosexual but horny and stupid. my dog trys to hump his brother but only out of frustration. my dog also loves to try hump other female dogs and when in a situation where both are on offer he chooses the female dog.

;)

:lol:

1 person likes this

If you're interested send me a PM about it. I gotta be going now, but I'd answer when I can. I am far from being against gay people or anything of that nature.

It's not as black and white an issue for me as some of my posts may have seemingly indicated.

Then you have two problems there with how you're portrayed and you have absolutely no one to blame but yourself. Firstly you don't give a straght answer as to what your sexuality is. In fact you keep purposely vague. I've seen you make at least two posts where you say something allong the lines of 'you don't me or my sexuality or the people I'm friends with'. You're right, we don't. You know why? You purposely don't share the information. You coud very easily have stated it in those posts but you didn't. You kept things vague to the point that it doesn't help you.

Second is the last part of that quote, that it's not as black and white as your posts indicate. Again, this comes down to how you state information. If it's 'not as black and white' to you, why post in a way that makes out the opposite?

If you want to give out the right impression of what you really think, the key is to use what you really think in what you say, not be purposely vague or act the opposite opinion is your own. Why are you so surprised that the reaction to you has been like it has whne you've acted that way?

That is debatable.

As humans we have minds capable of determining right from wrong in ways no other species can.

You can state sex in general is biological, but as humans we know that that alone does not make it acceptable for us to cheat on our significant others.

Getting rid of bodily waste by urinating or bowel movements is biological, yet it does not mean it is proper for us as humans to do these things anywhere we please in the same manner animals do.

Many animals have sexual altercations with their family members, yet again, this is not right for us as humans to do the same.

There are many examples of this.

You should have been clearer with your remark. Whether you were referring directly to me or not, you certainly seemed to lump me in with the group you were commenting on.

That won't get you far. You should let go of your hate.

Again, it is wishful thinking and egocentrism that leads people to believe we are somehow special in the animal kingdom just because we have been ultra successful in our niche.

1 person likes this

You are wrong. People are born with a sense of right and wrong - or in other words, morals. This is nondependant as to ones culture.

More hatefulness spewed forth by you that you don't even recognize as such.

Tell me, who created the universe. How did everything around us come from absolutely nothing?

Again, more hateful and smugness.

Nonetheless, don't care about me all you want. Don't go grouping me into categories I don't belong, however, based upon knowing nothing about me.

Certain psychological principals apply across the board and have nothing to do with individuality.

Study psychology and you will find this to be true.

Morals have to be taught. I have never met a child that knows right from wrong intrinsically and the fact that bad parenting can create people who have little to no morals is proof positive of that.

1 person likes this

Then you have two problems there with how you're portrayed and you have absolutely no one to blame but yourself.

Or perhaps, people shouldn't assume things about others when they really don't know them. I am not to blame for the false assumptions others make about me.

Firstly you don't give a straght answer as to what your sexuality is. In fact you keep purposely vague. I've seen you make at least two posts where you say something allong the lines of 'you don't me or my sexuality or the people I'm friends with'. You're right, we don't. You know why? You purposely don't share the information. You coud very easily have stated it in those posts but you didn't. You kept things vague to the point that it doesn't help you.

You are correct. I don't deny that.

I have done so because I don't feel comfortable discussing my sexuality and what persons I have been sexually attracted to in an open forum. There are certain things about myself I prefer to keep private and discuss only with those I trust.

Second is the last part of that quote, that it's not as black and white as your posts indicate. Again, this comes down to how you state information. If it's 'not as black and white' to you, why post in a way that makes out the opposite?

It is a complicated matter to discuss in full detail, and unfortunately I do not have confidence that others will have a respectful dialogue with me on this forum when it comes to this topic.

I believe that sexual intimacy between two members of the same sex is not "appropriate" (for lack of a better word) in the eyes of God. I believe it is sinful.

That said, I do not judge those who do such things poorly. I do not think of them as "bad" people. I do not declare that there is something wrong with them and that they need to "fixed." I do not look upon homosexuals with scorn and refuse to be around them or blindly decide I will not now or ever be friends with someone who is gay, bi, or transgendered. In fact, I may even find it quite arousing myself.

That said, it does not change my thoughts that it is still a temptation not to be indulged in.

Where it becomes more cloudy for me, however, is that I fully believe some people feel 100% that they have been born into the wrong body. Again, I have had experiences with such thoughts myself at times throughout my life.

I also know that there are children as young as at least 6-years old who are either a boy that clearly desires to partake in things commonly associated with females (or vice-versa in regards to girls who feel more comfortable with things commonly associated with boys).

Hopefully my above comments help to clarify some of my thoughts.

If you want to give out the right impression of what you really think, the key is to use what you really think in what you say, not be purposely vague or act the opposite opinion is your own.

When one has conflictions regarding a certain topic it is not unusual for the things they say to be taken by others in a manner that is not truly reflective of what the person deals with on an emotional and personal level regarding the topic.

As for the vagueness, again, it is because I do not feel comfortable openly discussing my sexuality or sexual preference to strangers on an open forum.

I don't see why that is considered a "negative" or unreasonable position for me to hold.

Why are you so surprised that the reaction to you has been like it has whne you've acted that way?

None of what I have said was cause for anyone to mock me or partake in laughter at my expense. If people want to question me I have no issue with that. To mock me, poke fun at me, and laugh at my expense is what I take issue with.

For example, your post above asked questions and made statements pertaining to my comments and I have no issue with anything you have stated. You did not partake in the mocking and laughing at me however because quite frankly, there is no reason or need for anyone to be doing so. And that is all I ask.

Again, it is wishful thinking and egocentrism that leads people to believe we are somehow special in the animal kingdom just because we have been ultra successful in our niche.

Human beings are most definitely superior to animals. Why some fail to realize this is beyond me. It's not as if it is a bad thing to be aware of, nor does it mean one disrespects animals in anyway or thinks lowly of them.

Morals have to be taught. I have never met a child that knows right from wrong intrinsically and the fact that bad parenting can create people who have little to no morals is proof positive of that.

Psychological studies have shown that children are most definitely born with a sense of right and wrong.

Your comment above that "bad parenting can create people who have little to no morals" only serves to further demonstrate what I have said (and psychological studies have shown) rather than stand in contrast to it.

Bad parenting or a bad atmospheric upbringing in general can most definitely shape one into having bad morals. Take the bad parenting (or surroundings) out of the equation however and a child (barring mental illness) will grow up on their own with a sense of knowing it is wrong to steal, kill, make fun of others, and all other sorts of things along those lines.

Psychological studies have shown that children are most definitely born with a sense of right and wrong.
Source?