Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Thoughts, advice?

rosepetal209

From a very young age I have always been able to see spirits. I can also hear them and feel them and their emotions. I can also feel the emotions of the living. I can tell the kind of person someone is at first glance. I just seem to 'know' things before they happen or I suddenly seem to have answers about things, almost like someone told me. I dream of things and they either happen or its something that has already happened but I wasnt there to witness it and couldnt have known the details. Its like a hodge podge of 'abilities' and Im often asked if Im psychic or a medium but I dont feel like I am. I simply say that Im 'sensitive'.

Is there a name for someone who has a little bit of every 'psychic' ability?

Im pretty comfortable with most of the things I can do because it has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember but there is one thing I have a hard time with. I often see spirits of family members or friends that have passed away and thats fine but I also see spirits of people I dont know. Sometimes I just see them and sometimes they will say things to me and because I dont know them what they are saying doesnt always make sense. Sometimes I see them only once and others I will see them for days, weeks or months. Eventually they go away and I refer to these spirits as 'pass throughs'. It got so bad that a few years ago I started the habit of saying out loud, before I go to bed, 'Im going to go to sleep now. Unless its an emergency, you need to leave me alone until morning'. Three situations stand out the most. 1) I was in my den and heard a faint female voice say 'Im cold'. When I turned around I heard it again. When I asked 'who's there' the voice replied "Vera Brasheer". The next morning my older daughter came running into my room and said she heard someone saying they are cold. I looked online for that name and found an elderly lady by that name had passed away in December of 2005 in the hospital that is 2 blocks from my home. It was 2010 when she said her name to me. I never heard her again 2) For several weeks, every time I would walk into my kitchen or my dinning room I would see an older man sitting in one of the chairs holding a coffee cup. He never spoke but would disappear as soon as I met eyes with him. He finally went away and has not been seen again. 3) A little girl, Im guessing 3 or 4, started showing up in my house. Everyone but my husband saw her. She woke me up at night whispering my name, would move my youngest daughters toys and often played with my youngest daughter (who was also the same age at the time). She was here for almost a year and then suddenly, we didnt see her anymore.

Currently, there is an old woman who will show up in front of me and then disappear. I see her very clear but she never speaks. One time, she showed up in my rear view mirror while I was driving. There was nobody in the back seat or even in the car with me. I almost rear ended the car in front of me so I yelled out "Thats NOT ok to do to me!". I dont know her. Also, every night when I close and lock my back patio door something grabs the door knob and rattles the door but there is nothing there. I also hear something running through the grass and leaves in the back yard but every time I look there is nothing. As well, I often hear someone running across the roof or across the patio overhang when Im sitting out there.

Why do people I dont know come to me and how do I help them? Do they want help or just to be acknowledged? Any insight or input would be greatly appreciated.

very interesting..

I think someone who can help is typing up a message now..

Hello rose and wecome to the forum.

I recognize you as an energy sensitive person. These spirits that come and go are most likely reflecting the energy residue of those who have pasted over.

The conventional wisdom is that some spirits linger on earth after they pass over for various reasons. The spiritual teachings from channeled Kryon mesages present a different point of view.

http://www.kryon.com/k_channel10_berkeleysprings_.html

Some of the things you mentioned also suggest that you also use telepathy. I define telepathy as a shared experience. It reflects that knowing you spoke about. Those shared experience can involve living humans and the spiritual essence of every being. We are all connected and entangled with each other.

I hope that my thoughts on this will be helpful.

John

• Like 1

Hi Rose, welcome to the forum.

I really don't have any advice for you, my own experiences have been limited and have waned to nothing now in my.....uhm.....more mature years, shall we call it? However, next time you see the old lady ask her if she knows the winning lottery numbers for the next lottery with a lump some of 200 mill or over.

Seriously, we do have a number of people here that I think can offer some advice to you.

....but you know.......that lottery thing? Hey, what could it hurt to ask.....know what I mean? I'll share some of it with you.

Maybe they don't come just to you but to everyone, but you're one of the few who is aware of their presence. Just trying to think outside the box. And maybe there's no purpose at all, maybe they see you the same way you see them. Maybe it's different dimensions meshing with one another, and this is the result. If so, then the whole thing is entirely accidental and there's no great meaning at all. I have been seeing/hearing things for a number of years, and I'm starting to think it's all incidental and there is no great purpose to it. Anyone else thing this way?

I have been seeing/hearing things for a number of years, and I'm starting to think it's all incidental and there is no great purpose to it. Anyone else thing this way?

if we were going to downgrade this to a manageable concept (knitting?) ..if after several years of knitting you felt it had no greater purpose, i'd probably just suggest putting it down and getting a new hobby?

...but...you didn't relate any real world experience in the same way the OP did.. the OP seems to have come to terms with what's happening here (i didn't see any mention of mental health issues, but give it time, those members will be along to suggest it)

you say you are unable to see any significance in any of this, (any of what exactly, you did not supply details in the same way the OP did)

Maybe it's different dimensions meshing with one another, and this is the result. If so, then the whole thing is entirely accidental and there's no great meaning at all.

that sentance is like a mathematical hypothesis... all based upon a 'maybe'

once you get rid of that 'maybe' it'll make more sense

to do that, you'll first have to become grounded in.. something :)

the OP claims to have googled the name and came up with relevant info.. that's how the OP was able to find some meaning in this.

what are the things you're seeing and hearing?

Welcome to the forum, interesting story. Just consider it a gift and go with it.

• Like 1

Hello rose and wecome to the forum.

I recognize you as an energy sensitive person. These spirits that come and go are most likely reflecting the energy residue of those who have pasted over.

The conventional wisdom is that some spirits linger on earth after they pass over for various reasons. The spiritual teachings from channeled Kryon mesages present a different point of view.

http://www.kryon.com...eysprings_.html

Some of the things you mentioned also suggest that you also use telepathy. I define telepathy as a shared experience. It reflects that knowing you spoke about. Those shared experience can involve living humans and the spiritual essence of every being. We are all connected and entangled with each other.

I hope that my thoughts on this will be helpful.

John

Very helpful and thank you for the link and your thoughts!

Hi Rose, welcome to the forum.

I really don't have any advice for you, my own experiences have been limited and have waned to nothing now in my.....uhm.....more mature years, shall we call it? However, next time you see the old lady ask her if she knows the winning lottery numbers for the next lottery with a lump some of 200 mill or over.

Seriously, we do have a number of people here that I think can offer some advice to you.

....but you know.......that lottery thing? Hey, what could it hurt to ask.....know what I mean? I'll share some of it with you.

Oh if it were that easy Id be rich already! Considering how fast the elderly woman appears and then disappears maybe I can just ask her to write down the numbers? Email them to me? LOL, should that happen, I promise you'll be the first one I contact to let you know what your half of the proceeds will be.

Maybe they don't come just to you but to everyone, but you're one of the few who is aware of their presence. Just trying to think outside the box. And maybe there's no purpose at all, maybe they see you the same way you see them. Maybe it's different dimensions meshing with one another, and this is the result. If so, then the whole thing is entirely accidental and there's no great meaning at all. I have been seeing/hearing things for a number of years, and I'm starting to think it's all incidental and there is no great purpose to it. Anyone else thing this way?

I dont subscribe to the idea that it is accidental since seeing spirits and having the ability to 'know' things and feel others emotions seem to go hand in hand. That would have to be one heck of an accident. I do agree that I am more sensitive to the presence of spirits because I have been in a public place, standing right next to someone and they dont see what I am seeing or hear what I am hearing. I have been blessed with parents who never told me that what I was experiencing was my imagination rather, they fostered it, asked specific questions about what I was seeing, hearing and feeling. My mother is also able, to a lesser degree, to do what I do and I honestly feel that because she does she tried as best she could to help me get a better grasp on what was happening in my world.

Maybe you are right, there isnt really any purpose and it just is what it is but I would like to think its not just some fluke and I cant do anything positive with it. Im not looking for some show on TLC or my 15 minutes of fame, Id just hate to know that I could have made a positive impact somewhere in this world and because I didnt know where to go with it I lost that opportunity.

.. the OP seems to have come to terms with what's happening here (i didn't see any mention of mental health issues, but give it time, those members will be along to suggest it)

I have heard before that Im just crazy but no, there are no mental issues in my past or present... unless you take into account the ability 6 children have to drive their mother nuts lol. BTW, 3 of my 6 children have some of the same abilities that I do, to one degree or another.

Im pretty thick skinned (its a gift) so I just cant wait for the nay sayers to arrive and speak their peace. Im sure they will not say anything I havent already heard :D

Edited by rosepetal209

I don't think the skills/abilities are necessarily spiritual, it's how they're used. some people choose to use them to be of services, or to help heal, or for the good of all. Others have the same kinds of abilities, but ignore or abuse them. I think it's the person that's spiritual, not the abilities themselves.