Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

David Blaine's 'electrifying' New York stunt

Still Waters

David Blaine, the American stuntman, climbed onto a podium in New York to begin his latest feat: standing in the middle of a one million-volt lightning storm.

Standing 20 feet above the ground, with ‘lightning bolts’ of electricity seeming to course from his fingertips, David Blaine is once again drawing the crowds in New York.

The American stuntman, who has previously frozen himself in a giant block of ice, spent 60 hours hanging head first from a crane and been buried alive for seven days, begun his latest challenge on Friday.

http://www.telegraph...York-stunt.html

does he wanna be the new HOUDINI or something? at least he is not fake like Chris Angel

• Like 2

No this guy is just plain weird.

Remember when he used to be able to levitate? Then it was proven to be camera editing and actors.

Then his 'hanging upside down for three days' stunt. Except he would be standing on a platform occasionally or hanging his head in a horizontal harness.

original.jpgoriginal.jpg

http://gawker.com/5053757/david-blaine-cheater

Now he just does stupid stunts people have done before.

There's no such thing as magic, even for Blaine. But his stunts are creative and entertaining, if only for awhile.

Supposedly the metal suit he wore was grounded or set up in such a way that he was protected.

There's no such thing as magic, even for Blaine. But his stunts are creative and entertaining, if only for awhile.

Supposedly the metal suit he wore was grounded or set up in such a way that he was protected.

Yes he would be wearing a rubber or mineral insulating suit under the metal suit. And the suit is grounded, very little risk of electrocution.

Also 1 million volts sounds like a lot but static electricity can be 30,000 volts. If it has little to no current then it's no where near as dangerous.

does he wanna be the new HOUDINI or something? at least he is not fake like Chris Angel

Didn't Houdini die from someone punching him in the gut during one of his after-show entertainments?

Here is the best of "David Blaine" Street Magic (Part 2).

• Like 6

David Blaine is (was) an amazing illusionist, I just don't know what all his recent nonsense is about. His 'street magic' was so good it scared some people, his 'endurance' feats are just boring.

Just to add, how can you label a 'magician' fake, do you not realise they use tricks rather than actuall magic?

• Like 1

I wonder if he's agreed to pay the electricity bill when the stunt ends!

• Like 1

David Blaine is (was) an amazing illusionist, ...

... Just to add, how can you label a 'magician' fake, do you not realise they use tricks rather than actuall magic?

I don't think any of the best "performers" claim that they are performing magic. If any such performer does make that claim, I for one would be interested in knowing their names.

The better known artists who do seemingly impossible performances usually state that they are illusionists, not magicians. They are honest and professional in that regard.

I'm not really into these street magicians or endurance feats, however, watching someone like Derren Brown completely manipulate an audience is very interesting to watch (imo).

I bet he makes an obscene amount of money for doing it tho. b******.

How does he keep getting work?

He's so boring that paint watches him dry.

Another boring stunt from the king of dull.

How does he keep getting work?

He's so boring that paint watches him dry.

Another boring stunt from the king of dull.

*whispers* Have you seen what is on tv? It's because people are dumb.

• Like 2

I don't think any of the best "performers" claim that they are performing magic. If any such performer does make that claim, I for one would be interested in knowing their names.

The better known artists who do seemingly impossible performances usually state that they are illusionists, not magicians. They are honest and professional in that regard.

Exactly my point, which is why I call them illusionists in my post. For me calling out a 'magician' as fake is a pretty pointless statement.

• Like 1

I'm not really into these street magicians or endurance feats, however, watching someone like Derren Brown completely manipulate an audience is very interesting to watch (imo).

Derren is amazing too, the trick and the reveal all in the same show, what more could you ask for.

"tesla coils while having a large voltage continuously coarse across his body."

The article writer is a moron. Of course the electriciy does not flow across his body, he would be dead then. He is basically in a Faraday cage, so the electricity flows around him. Like sitting in a car in a thunderstorm, only less comfortable.

Of all of Blaines stunts, this is the least impressive one; only designed to impress those who slept through science class.

"tesla coils while having a large voltage continuously coarse across his body."

The article writer is a moron. Of course the electriciy does not flow across his body, he would be dead then. He is basically in a Faraday cage, so the electricity flows around him. Like sitting in a car in a thunderstorm, only less comfortable.

Of all of Blaines stunts, this is the least impressive one; only designed to impress those who slept through science class.

Too each its own. I don't like taking risks at my age

Didn't Houdini die from someone punching him in the gut during one of his after-show entertainments?

Houdini died from appendicitis which was aggravated from 4 quick repeated punched to his gut when he was not prepared to receive them.

One of the funniest things I've ever seen on TV was when Blain was in the locker room of the Dallas Cowboys levitating and Dione Sanders rand from the room shrieking like a little girl! :lol:

• Like 2