Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

David Blaine's 'electrifying' New York stunt

Still Waters

Yes he would be wearing a rubber or mineral insulating suit under the metal suit. And the suit is grounded, very little risk of electrocution.

Also 1 million volts sounds like a lot but static electricity can be 30,000 volts. If it has little to no current then it's no where near as dangerous.

remember it's not the voltage that kills you, it's the amps. You can get stun guns that are in the million volt range.

remember it's not the voltage that kills you, it's the amps. You can get stun guns that are in the million volt range.

Exactly, the current is rated in amps.

Regardless of how many Amps or Volts are involved it is safe, Mr Blaine has become boring and will not be the 'modern day' Houdini he thinks he is with stunts that do not make 'us' gasp...

Bring back the guy who made us say 'did you see David Blaine last night, how the hell did he do that?'

Edited by Junior Chubb

I simply don't find it amusing this guy is wasting his time the fact he's got any publicity just shows the lack of intellect of the general public

Hasn't this guy got a life? Why can't he do something people will look at and say "Well that was useful to know!" He only does things like this to grandstand, and the sheep like public lap it up!

• Like 1

and the sheep like public lap it up!

I don't know if they really do anymore. They lapped up Blaine the street magician. I think these day's its the media that 'lap it up' and push his events but the public are just bored of him...

I only hope he gets the shocking of a life time so he wont bore us with his lame stunts,Id like to see him do the stunt high above a pool with deadly sharks while wearing raw bloody meat tied to his neck and nether regions,I want the pool to be surounded buy either bears or hungry starved lions,that will be surounded by men with automatic rifles just to make sure he dosent get out alive,Now that would make for some real entertainment.YEAH!

I only hope he gets the shocking of a life time so he wont bore us with his lame stunts,Id like to see him do the stunt high above a pool with deadly sharks while wearing raw bloody meat tied to his neck and nether regions,I want the pool to be surounded buy either bears or hungry starved lions,that will be surounded by men with automatic rifles just to make sure he dosent get out alive,Now that would make for some real entertainment.YEAH!

I think they did that on Jackass.

• Like 1

Wildboyz episode. In a hammock with meat hanging from it and lions jumping for the meat.

http://vimeo.com/2518773

Edited by DKO

"David Blaine had a little fun with producer Stephen Chao and me while preparing for his upcoming feat of will and endurance- "Electrified: One Million Volts Always On."

David will be standing on a 20-foot pillar at Pier 54 on New York's West Side for 72 hours without sleep or food while surrounded by Tesla Coils putting out a million volts of electricity! If you can’t be there, no worries, it will be streamed live. But if you can, I highly recommend you go and experience the excitement.

A chainmail suit will protect him and conduct electricity, but if he scratches his exposed face to tend to an itch he’s toast. Other major factors are of course the intense noise and the effects of three days of sleep deprivation.

David and I have been friends for four years and I can honestly say that he never ceases to amaze me!"

hence it being called a feat of will and endurance

Edited by Mercury2K

"David Blaine had a little fun with producer Stephen Chao and me while preparing for his upcoming feat of will and endurance- "Electrified: One Million Volts Always On."

David will be standing on a 20-foot pillar at Pier 54 on New York's West Side for 72 hours without sleep or food while surrounded by Tesla Coils putting out a million volts of electricity! If you can’t be there, no worries, it will be streamed live. But if you can, I highly recommend you go and experience the excitement.

A chainmail suit will protect him and conduct electricity, but if he scratches his exposed face to tend to an itch he’s toast. Other major factors are of course the intense noise and the effects of three days of sleep deprivation.

David and I have been friends for four years and I can honestly say that he never ceases to amaze me!"

hence it being called a feat of will and endurance

Hi Mercury2K, thanks for adding this to the thread.

Assuming you are close to David (sorry to question this but we can all claim to 'know people' when online) could you give us some insight into his reasons for the direction his work is going in?

I was a great fan of his years ago but recently I find his work confusing. Don't get me wrong I am not questioning the difficulty of the tasks he undertakes, I just feel recently he has lost his 'wow factor'. I understand the limitations of his 'street magic' work of the past and that all performers need to change and adapt to keep public interest alive but there does seem to be a lot of questioning of his endurance feats.

Edited by Junior Chubb

I'm not Dennis Rogers, I got that in an email a few days ago, I can assure you that he is a real man though.

As a person who values honesty I can see the merit of pushing yourself through feats such as this, learning of his next challenge a few days ago I can tell you that (if he comes out alive) for some people this will be inspirational. It reminds me of Eddie Murphy in the movie "Holy Man", that story about the starfish in particular.

Edited by Mercury2K

I'm not Dennis Rogers, I got that in an email a few days ago, I can assure you that he is a real man though.

As a person who values honesty I can see the merit of pushing yourself through feats such as this, learning of his next challenge a few days ago I can tell you that (if he comes out alive) for some people this will be inspirational. It reminds me of Eddie Murphy in the movie "Holy Man", that story about the starfish in particular.

Lol :blush: Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Thanks for your views though, I am sure for some people this will be inspirational, unfortunately I can't include myself in that group. As a person who values honesty I can see why an endurance feat would be more appealing than trickery to you.