Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How "Ancient Aliens" have lied to you

Harte

I also would not have an issue with Egyptologists if they could prove their theories, but they can't. So, i look to other theories...

Most people think of the AA theory as something like star trek, spaceships visiting etc, it does not have to be that, it can take other forms too. I like many different theories, i'm not limited to just the AA theory. However, i simply do not agree with Egyptologists cause i feel they are lieing, promoting false history with unproven theories etc.

>>Snip<<

Egyptologists can't prove their theories? A theory by nature is not fact, so if a theory happens to be proved it cease to be a theory and becomes fact. It is an explanation presented to explain something, and supported by a certain body of evidence. A theory can be evaluated by people with the requisite education and training, after which a theory can be proved incorrect or bolstered by new-found evidence.

So in the realm of Egyptology, how the Great Pyramid was built is theoretical and can never be fully proved because none of us was there to see the construction. Experimental archaeology can take us closer, however. For example, archaeologists have demonstrated in modern times that stone and copper tools can indeed cut and dress limestone masonry and other types of stones with relative ease. Similar experiments have demonstrated how bronze saws can in fact cut through granite. Likewise, it's been demonstrated that a dozen or so men can move and maneuver blocks of masonry weighing up to three tons with little difficulty, including up slopes to approximate ramps.

Some old theories that had considerable following for years, have now been discarded due to re-evaluation of extant evidence and the accumulation of new evidence. One example is the heiress theory, stating the Egyptian royal line was matrilineal and required the king to marry a woman from the line of a queen. There is actually very little evidence to substantiate this, and in fact some of the most powerful pharaohs did not marry a woman from any known royal line (e.g., Amunhotep III, Ramesses II). Another example is that Akhenaten suffered from Marfan's syndrome or a similar disorder, due to the odd appearance of the statues and other royal artwork from the Amarna Period. Recent extensive genetic and pathological analyses of royal mummies from that time period have yielded no convincing evidence for such a disorder, and in fact there are other explanations for the appearance of the artwork, so this theory also is no longer tenable.

I go to this length in explaining theory and citing examples because ancient aliens is not a theory. It is not even really a hypothesis. It is science fiction and nothing more. Shows like Ancient Aliens present stunningly inept and incorrect interpretations of ancient art that in no way reflect the realities of the societies which produced the ancient art. For every crazy and half-baked twist the talking heads on Ancient Aliens commit in presenting evidence, there is already a reasonable, terrestrial explanation.

There is a perfectly sound reason ancient alien advocates are not taken seriously in the scientific and wider academic community. They do not contribute theories, they contribute a bizarre form of pseudo-historical entertainment.

Wonder why they worshipped cats? ever hear of the witch with the cat who sees into the spirit world? There are many theories, to limit yourself to Egyptology is boring and not colourful, its bland, dry and boring, therefore its not vibrant.

>>Snip<<

The Egyptians did not worship cats, per se. This is a very common misconception. That they valued and liked cats is beyond question, but that's hardly unusual. Many of us do, and have for many centuries. Certain deities were imbued with feline characteristics, such as Bastet and Sekhmet. The statue in your photo represents Bastet and there are many just like it in museums around the world. We can't even say with any certainty that the Egyptians thought Bastet actually looked like a cat or Sekhmet like a lion—only that they attributed feline attributes to these deities. A statue like the one in your photo would've occupied an important part of a temple, and the Egyptians believed the soul of Bastet inhabited it. They worshiped the soul within the statue.

Perhaps aliens make saran wrap. I've never seen it made, after all, and I probably know more about it than the manufacturers do.

Harte

Nope, saran wrap was invented by Atlanteans. Like I've often said, the only technology aliens have felt safe to share with us is Velcro.

Editing to add: I like the line in the latest Men in Black movie where the Viagrians have an important technology to share with us. That really got a rise out of me.

Ha!

Edited by kmt_sesh
  • Like 3

Nope, saran wrap was invented by Atlanteans. Like I've often said, the only technology aliens have felt safe to share with us is Velcro.

Utter poppycock!

If the Atlanteans had had saran wrap, they surely would have been preserved from their fate.

All they had to do was wrap the island and it would have locked in the freshness.

Harte

• Like 1

Utter poppycock!

If the Atlanteans had had saran wrap, they surely would have been preserved from their fate.

All they had to do was wrap the island and it would have locked in the freshness.

Harte

:w00t: Got me there, sir.

Utter poppycock!

Harte

wish i could have liked this one twice! :lol:

It only shows I didn't post about what other things I experienced.

I practiced meditation, shamanism, drugs, and so on, and maybe long before you were even born,

I even created a site about it, and it lasted for like 6 or 7 years before I finally got fed up with all the bull people believed in.

Myself included, has experience mind altering drugs, had many experiences I could call proof of a spirit world, but the arugement comes down to I was on drugs.

Isnt life itselfs just chemstry of the brain? Isnt me seeing, tasting, hearing just electrial signals and chemicals inside my brain, reaching in a way to have a perceived experience?

Why would drugs that alter this, be considered any less real? Because While I see a pink elephant in the corner of the room and you dont make it not there?

Geez, then obvliously a blind person should be called crazy to not see the flower growing in my gardern?

But may be im crazy.... its all a possiablititly.

I just say, we as humanity are still babies, we know nothing! may be one day science will proof or disprove finally, I just don't hold my breath and go off my experiecnces. Not what others tell me.

Forgive my spelling, Im in a rush :S

Edited by The Id3al Experience

Myself included, has experience mind altering drugs, had many experiences I could call proof of a spirit world, but the arugement comes down to I was on drugs.

Isnt life itselfs just chemstry of the brain? Isnt me seeing, tasting, hearing just electrial signals and chemicals inside my brain, reaching in a way to have a perceived experience?

Why would drugs that alter this, be considered any less real? Because While I see a pink elephant in the corner of the room and you dont make it not there?

Its nice to see common sense in the thread, i thought no one would be receptive to my post about altered state of conciousness.

Yes, you're right, just because somebody does not see something with the limited capability of their human eyes, does not mean such things invisible to those eyes are not there.

After all, the untrained human eyes have limited capability. The trick is to open the third eye located on the forehead, most people do not have the faintest idea how to achieve that.

People are very quick to write off the spirit worlds, without knowing a lot about them. A lot of people don't even realise what the pineal gland is for and how mind altering drugs can stimulate it. Most people also have no idea that DMT (Dimethyltryptamine) is found in the human brain naturally and also found naturally in other mammals, it is responsible for dreams when people are in deep sleep. When ingested, DMT acts as a psychedelic drug for divinatory purposes.

It changes the frequency of human conciousness, so they can enter a different unexplored realm, DMT, removes the limited capability of the eyes and sets the brain on a different wavelength to tune into a different realm.

Dimethyltryptamine_27feb.gif

Edited by LRW

Here's a leafelt at your back door, big guy. why not stop for a little review? How's it going? See you hit the big time, Mr. Moderator?. Long time no see, big guy. The door way swings to shut and the alignment nears. Listen close or miss the conclusion I'd fear? T-minus less than forty and counting. as far as the astronomical clock is concerened, hope you brought the popcorn ole' friend. Time in its refernce is not only watching but listening. Are you? Venus slipped around earlier this June in a solar ecliptic unprescedented in thousands of years, now it appears again 180 degrees at our back door as the other planets align and the solar eclipse resolves. Seems everyone believes the 'Mayans' were 'spaced out' in their observance of the space time continnuum/ Truth is no one was really listening (given the disgusting substantiousness of histoical reference). Forty days have gone by since the arousal of Hurricane Sandy in the midst of the Atlantic upheavel, forty nights continue to pass as the day draws near. Time in its' essence as we as as the present civilization understand it, stops to ponder an existence, while change comes in an astronomical essence to obseve the reminder. or should I say REMAINDER??? Look to the East my friend....

Thats alright timespy.. I guess we will see you on here in a couple of weeks time after the day ticks over.. and nothing happens..

Hmmm I wonder if it will be.. 'its started.. but it will take years before it comes into effect' kind of excuse why nothing dramatic happend..

I like how the OP put the Puma Punku reference on there.

These two guys are the same as the people they're trying to disprove. Just off that spew on Puma Punku told me it's not worth looking into any further.

Edited by kampz

I like how the OP put the Puma Punku reference on there.

These two guys are the same as the people they're trying to disprove. Just off that spew on Puma Punku told me it's not worth looking into any further.

Do you know something about Puma Punku that they don't?

Where are they wrong, exactly?

Harte

Do you know something about Puma Punku that they don't?

Where are they wrong, exactly?

Harte

If you look at it that way then the Ancient Alien theorist could be correct too.

"stones at Puma Punku would have been easily worked with the most basic stone working tools." - I can say these stones at Puma Pumku would have been easily worked with lasers. Bigfoot.

Edited by kampz

If you look at it that way then the Ancient Alien theorist could be correct too.

"stones at Puma Punku would have been easily worked with the most basic stone working tools." - I can say these stones at Puma Pumku would have been easily worked with lasers. Bigfoot.

Nothing is "easily worked" with a laser that hasn't been invented. Please note that the "most basic stoneworking tools" have been found in the quarry where these stones came from.

Besides, lasers couldn't have done the cutting of stone found there. Lasers melt stone at best, which would leave "slag" in the form of a basaltic crust, and considering heat differentials, a laser would certainly crack and possibly even break the stone it was used on.

Harte

Edited by Harte

As for aliens that came around: The same rules that apply to the earth from the big bang on apply to any other planet in the universe. If there are aliens they are not so much ahead of us, give or take a few thousand years their society is more or less at the same level than ours. Even if they would have been at our level 10,000 years ago they could not have traveled through space to get here unless living in our solar system, which we can safely exclude at this point.

I'm not sure how you came to think the bolded part is accurate.

There could be millions of years seperating us.

However AA is full of sht.

Its nice to see common sense in the thread, i thought no one would be receptive to my post about altered state of conciousness.

Yes, you're right, just because somebody does not see something with the limited capability of their human eyes, does not mean such things invisible to those eyes are not there.

After all, the untrained human eyes have limited capability. The trick is to open the third eye located on the forehead, most people do not have the faintest idea how to achieve that.

People are very quick to write off the spirit worlds, without knowing a lot about them. A lot of people don't even realise what the pineal gland is for and how mind altering drugs can stimulate it. Most people also have no idea that DMT (Dimethyltryptamine) is found in the human brain naturally and also found naturally in other mammals, it is responsible for dreams when people are in deep sleep. When ingested, DMT acts as a psychedelic drug for divinatory purposes.

It changes the frequency of human conciousness, so they can enter a different unexplored realm, DMT, removes the limited capability of the eyes and sets the brain on a different wavelength to tune into a different realm.

Dimethyltryptamine_27feb.gif

DMT has been found in minute quantities in spinal fluid but they have yet to determine where it came from and I don't believe they have found it in the brain.

Study of those using DMT has shown that users experience visual hallucinations and loss of touch with reality. What is happening is not an expansion of the consciousness, an opening of the third eye or you being in touch with a spirit world. It is your brain overpowered by a drug that makes you see and experience things that aren't there, not by them being invisible but by them not existing in the first place.

Over time ever increasing amounts must be used because the body builds up a tolerance to it increasing with it the physical side effects.

When ingested DMT does little to nothing because of Monoamine oxidase used in the digestive process.

DMT has been found in minute quantities in spinal fluid but they have yet to determine where it came from and I don't believe they have found it in the brain.

Study of those using DMT has shown that users experience visual hallucinations and loss of touch with reality. What is happening is not an expansion of the consciousness, an opening of the third eye or you being in touch with a spirit world. It is your brain overpowered by a drug that makes you see and experience things that aren't there, not by them being invisible but by them not existing in the first place.

Over time ever increasing amounts must be used because the body builds up a tolerance to it increasing with it the physical side effects.

When ingested DMT does little to nothing because of Monoamine oxidase used in the digestive process.

You should have a good old drop of ayahuasca, to put you in touch with extraterrestrial entities in another dimension. The entities would love a good hardcore skeptic, you would go down a blast with them.

You should have a good old drop of ayahuasca, to put you in touch with extraterrestrial entities in another dimension. The entities would love a good hardcore skeptic, you would go down a blast with them.

It's that simple is it. Take a drug and it puts you in touch with ET's.

It's called hallucinating.

Edited by synchronomy

It's that simple is it. Take a drug and it puts you in touch with ET's.

It's called hallucinating.

Its called removal of the veil.

The earth is far more than what you can percieve with just untrained eyes that have limited capability.

It goes in waves. Hopefully that might hypnotise.

spiral_at_halfway.jpg

Its called removal of the veil.

The earth is far more than what you can percieve with just untrained eyes that have limited capability.

It goes in waves. Hopefully that might hypnotise.

I know all about the veil, and I understand fully that your mind will not let you "see" what it cannot comprehend.

I've been studying and practicing meditation for over three decades and you don't need drugs, psychedelic hippie art, tones, or crystals to operate the most complex and rewarding communication phenomenon in the Universe...the human mind in unbounded consciousness. It's meant to function the way it was created in the womb, the product of billions of years of evolution.

If you want to screw with it by ingesting crap that buggers up your neurotransmitters to make you "think" you can traverse dimensions, go ahead, it's only your own sanity you're going to lose in the long run.

We're trying to establish facts pro and con in this thread to uncover the truth about Ancient Aliens, and throwing in suggestions that we all drop a few hits of acid to experience it "for real" just ain't gonna happen.

Let's stay on topic shall we?

Nothing is "easily worked" with a laser that hasn't been invented. Please note that the "most basic stoneworking tools" have been found in the quarry where these stones came from.

Besides, lasers couldn't have done the cutting of stone found there. Lasers melt stone at best, which would leave "slag" in the form of a basaltic crust, and considering heat differentials, a laser would certainly crack and possibly even break the stone it was used on.

Harte

I see that there were basic stone tools found near the quarrys. It doesn't mean they used them for everything.

I really wished they went into detail about it.

Edited by kampz

I see that there were basic stone tools found near the quarrys. It doesn't mean they used them for everything.

I really wished they went into detail about it.

Finding metal tools used to work the stone would be nice, but it's unexpected because the metal can be reused for other things, like the "staples" poured in to the stones to hold them together at the same site.

Harte

Yeah it would be nice to find those. I guess it would depend on what type of metal too. True, it's unexpected to find anything.

Going back to the lasers.. It could be an advanced laser. Even more advanced then ours. I doubt they used lasers, but there's that .1% or whatever chance they did.

I don't agree with most of the Ancient Astronaut theory but these guys bring up great points about past history. If we can't prove Evolution to a tee or the Bible then some people should be nicer to these guys(Not really talking about the forum here). Nobody has proven how creation happened yet.

Edited by kampz

Those things can never be proven due to their own natures.

What that means is, the fact that they haven't been proven is not relevant, as by definition of "proof" they cannot possible be proven.

Lasers are hot, are they not? I mean, to remove stone in nice channels using a laser would certainly involve melting the stone, no matter how "advanced" the laser may be.

Melted stone, once cooled at atmospheric pressure, is no longer the stone it was. It is basalt after that.

You don't think there'd be a crust of basalt along the cuts? How'd they get the basalt off, then? Super lasers?

Don't forget what I said about the heat differential. Stone doesn't take well to rapid expansion of small amounts of its volume. It's not like metal. Stone will crack. Even explode, after a manner (not like TNT LOL.)

Harte

Perhaps we'll know in time.

Stone can crack with the tools used explained by Chris White and Mike Heiser too. Actually they didn't really explain the tools.

On the episode of Ancient Aliens I remembered them cutting a stone from Puma Punku with a laser and it wasn't to shabby.

Edited by kampz

I believe what you're remembering there is a guy using a propane (maybe oxy-acetylene) flame to carve granite:

Originally developed to flame the edges of thin granite building panels,

the JET STIK now has many uses- restoring the rough non-slip surface

on granite steps worn smooth by foot traffic, removing grafitti from

stone, making birdbaths, creating waterfalls, carving sculptures, and

small scale quarrying of granite.

Source: Jet Stik

Here's a vid:

Harte