Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Derrick Pitts, Astronomer, Wants UFOs Studied

Karlis

They are already here and have been here a long time. Anyone who doesn't know that by now is just out to lunch or has their head buried in the sand.

That is not true at all. People have differing beliefs for differing reasons and some have outright belief, which is based on nothing at all. I have seen two UFO's, three if you count what I suspect was a satellite, and all were without doubt natural phenomena. And I am surprised that you would try to change what I have experienced, I have never done so to you. You say having an experience is a profound effect, that is all I express from my perspective. Nor have I ever expressed such a sentiment at you for having a different opinion to you. I understand you giving people who give you a hard time such a rude response, but I do not feel that is the case here. Heck, I have even refrained from Zosers threads because a reasonable conversation canot be had in that environment.

I do not know what has happened to you of late, but you seem very snarky recently. I do not see what attacking all skeptics accomplishes. I sure do not take Zosers failings out on you.

That is not true at all. People have differing beliefs for differing reasons and some have outright belief, which is based on nothing at all. I have seen two UFO's, three if you count what I suspect was a satellite, and all were without doubt natural phenomena. And I am surprised that you would try to change what I have experienced, I have never done so to you. You say having an experience is a profound effect, that is all I express from my perspective. Nor have I ever expressed such a sentiment at you for having a different opinion to you. I understand you giving people who give you a hard time such a rude response, but I do not feel that is the case here. Heck, I have even refrained from Zosers threads because a reasonable conversation canot be had in that environment.

I do not know what has happened to you of late, but you seem very snarky recently. I do not see what attacking all skeptics accomplishes. I sure do not take Zosers failings out on you.

That wasn't meant for you personally, but only intended as a more general remark.

For our own purposes we pretty much agree that intelligent life would exist throughout the universe several billion years ago.

Just look at the technological progress humans have made in the last 100 years - amazing!

Now think of where we'll be in a billion years,,, 4 billion years from now. Our imaginations are not that good but I think you may agree that we will conquer "long distance" space travel by use of wormholes probably in the next 100 years. maybe less.

This is why it is so easy for me to think that this planet could have been visited a billion years ago or more, by any number of intelligent ET beings from our own galaxy and possibly beyond.

it's a fait acompli

I could see the wormhole thing, and like psych said I dont see anyone going faster than the speed of light, I think the universe does have set rules that cannot be broken. I do believe that they could find ways around the vast distance thing by either dimension jumping, or some other means of in essence cheating what we earthlings call physics.. I also noticed that no one has yet said anything about the different dimension aspect. I know its kind of hard to think about.

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x

That wasn't meant for you personally, but only intended as a more general remark.

My apologies then.