Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ever felt a connection to a place

Likely Guy

Yes England, Scotland, perhaps it's those viking genes that makes me want to plunder and pillage ;-) i dont think it's got to do with anything paranormal.

• Haha 1

• 9 months later...

I felt and still feel the same way about Barcelona. I live in the Philippines and in 2014 i flew to Paris with family. I told them ive always been curious about Spain so i wanna travel on my own. I took Barcelona-Sevilla-Madris route. When the plane was about to land at the Barcelona airport... I already felt i was home. The sense of relief that i was finally home only happened in barcelona and still does to thia day. 

I am also drawn to the classical houses in Barcelona and feel just a sense of belonging in the city especially in the old town. I have studied in Barcelona the past year and it was my happiest year of my life. When i left the city for Valencia to work... I wAs at my most miserable(in Valencia) 

We have a spanish bloodline but coming from the Basque country and not Cataluña.. I really cannot and i do not have any explanation for how i feel. 

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Yes, I have never been to Russia but feel a strong connection to the country.  I have a very strong ethic for freedom.  I have a natural ability to speak Russian but there is no lineage in my family of Russian decent. I can visualize being in Moscow - I can see the buildings, the streets and markets.  I don't understand this phenomenon but I see others have had the same feelings.   

Posted (edited)

My perception is that connection to places may have to do with a past life. I have come across case studies in this regard while studying the books of Dr. Brian Weiss and other similar works.

In the last century there was an Indian saint called Sharda Devi who was noted for her psychic abilities. Once while visiting some ancient dilapidated buildings and structures in a heritage site, she noted some western tourists studying the place keenly and taking photographs. 

She remarked to her disciples that the very people who had build these ancient structures in a past life were now visiting it as tourists. 

Edited by Ajay0

On 3/2/2024 at 11:36 AM, Mariya said:

Yes, I have never been to Russia but feel a strong connection to the country.  I have a very strong ethic for freedom.

🤣.