Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is the Name of the Most High God?

SpiritWriter

Why would you apply human attributes to whatever created us? That's a very egotistical, human-centered way of thinking.

No, it's natural to put the only characteristics we know to something we don't. Why are you making that seem self centered? Even if its incorrect, there are often similarities that are common in unrelated things (like 'shared abstraction analogy') that could help one understand the mysterious, by using the known as a tool. The best metaphysical books in my eye do this well, the comparisons between the physical and theoretical. It makes it so much easier to comprehend. If we were to all see these 'god' likes as totally abstract things we can't really understand, it wouldn't work. We can't really comprehend it. Comparisons to us have to be made to make it comprehensible. It's no ego trip. That is said too loosely, too often.

But even pretending it's not completely natural to see things that aren't like us in ways that we do understand, you have to keep in mind that whoever or whatever the 'god' is created us to be how we are. They gave us these characteristics. For whatever reason, they intended these characteristics to be ours. Now would it not make sense that these characteristics would be related to that 'god' in some way (be it characteristics they have, have seen, want, don't want, symbols related to this 'god')?

Edited by _Only

No, it's natural to put the only characteristics we know to something we don't. Why are you making that seem self centered? Even if its incorrect, there are often similarities that are common in unrelated things (like 'shared abstraction analogy') that could help one understand the mysterious, by using the known as a tool. The best metaphysical books in my eye do this well, the comparisons between the physical and theoretical. It makes it so much easier to comprehend. If we were to all see these 'god' likes as totally abstract things we can't really understand, it wouldn't work. We can't really comprehend it. Comparisons to us have to be made to make it comprehensible. It's no ego trip. That is said too loosely, too often.

But even pretending it's not completely natural to see things that aren't like us in ways that we do understand, you have to keep in mind that whoever or whatever the 'god' is created us to be how we are. They gave us these characteristics. For whatever reason, they intended these characteristics to be ours. Now would it not make sense that these characteristics would be related to that 'god' in some way (be it characteristics they have, have seen, want, don't want, symbols related to this 'god')?

This is true in a mystical (unknown) perspective. Humans will fill in what they do not know with images of themselves because they are the highest and greatest level of being they can comprehend, the "top dog" so to speak, besides the alleged 'God'.

This mystical (unknown) perspective is useless when when you fill in the gaps though.

What purpose would a human-like, egotistical, judging, and fearful (fear is the backbone of ego, so a God with an ego must fear) God serve? Does it enjoy frying ants with magnifying glasses and watching chaos (such as the current state of humanity)? If you think that God is human-like, you must first answer those questions. Existing without purpose is illogical and would not happen!

A 'huge' thought-space computer seems much more likely. This reality is only a simulation or an ongoing experiment. So in that way, reality was made in the creators image (see: computers). In this case, the 'God' would not have a name.

wow.. Being Bath in the glory of Grace, Can wait .... GOD Is the name I call the One true GOD.

• Like 1

Why would you apply human attributes to whatever created us? That's a very egotistical, human-centered way of thinking.

Arguably, but as I said earlier (I think it was here), that's the only way that Humans could think of something as esentially inconceivable as God; it's perfectly natural really to think of whatever created us as being a father figure on a giant scale.

• Like 1

I been bad and joking on this thread, but when I said god's name is Darkwind, it is true, in that I see Divine spirit in everything including myself. All are different aspects of the Universe. When I do ritual, I call in the God spirit of the attributes I want to use. If I want healing I call in Brigid, the Celtic Goddess of healing and inspiration.

• Like 2

???????????

Should there be a long question to this introduction?

We are all humans on a journey, we are in our beliefs... what are they? Some are multi-theists.. is there a highest God? What is the name of this most high god. Are there many different names for the same concept/entity?

We have different perceptions, lets explore them. What is the name of your most high God.

I call my God: God

The "I Am"

I call him/her/it Elementary Particles. They made everything and are everything.

i make it spirit...it is within us all and the human side is just the shell.

I been bad and joking on this thread, but when I said god's name is Darkwind, it is true, in that I see Divine spirit in everything including myself. All are different aspects of the Universe. When I do ritual, I call in the God spirit of the attributes I want to use. If I want healing I call in Brigid, the Celtic Goddess of healing and inspiration.

I see the God in you too Darkwind :)

Since everything I was taught as a child said that God reads your thoughts and intentions and judges us by them as much as by our actions (perhaps more so even)...And knows what you truly feel and mean... It doesn't really matter what name a person calls God by... It's the intent that counts....

So I guess Fred is as good a name as any....

.... or Bob....

• Like 1

If Chong was a god, he'd probably be the most high god.

ratm88484775ef66452.jpg

Since everything I was taught as a child said that God reads your thoughts and intentions and judges us by them as much as by our actions (perhaps more so even)...And knows what you truly feel and mean... It doesn't really matter what name a person calls God by... It's the intent that counts....

So I guess Fred is as good a name as any....

.... or Bob....

Fred or Bob? lol

lol, hey Fred.....

I'm with you on intent

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

???????????

Should there be a long question to this introduction?

We are all humans on a journey, we are in our beliefs... what are they? Some are multi-theists.. is there a highest God? What is the name of this most high god. Are there many different names for the same concept/entity?

We have different perceptions, lets explore them. What is the name of your most high God.

I call my God: God

The "I Am"

It is Clear the Jethro the Midian said to Moses that our god is the same the most high god with no name...Jethro is a great great great grandson of Abraham..

• Like 1

It is Clear in the Exodus that Jethro said to Moses that there god is same the most high god with no name..We Know that jethro is Great Great Great Grandson Of Abraham by his second wife Kethura.

It is Clear in the Exodus that Jethro said to Moses that there god is same the most high god with no name..We Know that jethro is Great Great Great Grandson Of Abraham by his second wife Kethura.

The God with no name..

noname.png

Douglas Adams must have had a great epiphany for that to make sense, probably comes with loads of text for explanation.

In the middle of the book you would probably say, hmmm, I kind of get what he's talking about, but at the end you would say, thats a bunch of bull. I am just guessing.... First I ever heard of it. But surely it is a divine number. So are these: 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 12, 23, 2000, 2012, 2125, 0, infinity (probably more!!)

I am pretty sure this was a joke. Agent Mulder's apartment in the x files was number 42; a sort of "in joke" on Adam's earlier one.

On the other hand anything taking the trouble to create us probably created us "like" itself. Just as we will create artificial intelligence modelled on our own form of intelligence. Not much point in creating a sapient species which is incapable of intelligent communication with you. :innocent:

I call dog, god; but then I am dyslexic. My god gets very confused at feeding time. :devil:

The God with no name..

noname.png

The God with no name..

noname.png

Correct me if i'm wrong...But it is what i read...^_^

+

also I want to share a quote about God, I hope this quote helps y'all ;)

G6-33NEW.jpg

"-The essence of each Path is to be found in the fact that it connects two of the

Sephiroth, and we can only understand its significance by taking into account the nature

of the linked Spheres upon the Tree. But a Sephirab cannot be understood upon a single

planc; it has a fourfold nature. The Qabalists express this by saying that there are four

worlds:

Atziluth, the Archetypal World, or World of Emanations; the Divine World.

Briah, the World of Creation, also called Khorsia, the World of Thrones.

Yetzirah, the World of Formation and of Angels.

Assiah, the World of Action; the World of Matter.

(See MacGregor Mathers, The Qabalah Unveiled.)

-The Ten Holy Sephiroth are held to have each its own point of contact with each of

the four Worlds of the Qabalists. In the Atziluthic World they manifest through the Ten

Holy Names of God; in other words, the Great Unmanifest, shadowed forth through the

Three Negative Veils of Existence which hang behind the Crown, declares itself in

manifestation as ten different aspects which are represented by the different names used

to denote Deity in the Hebrew Scriptures. These are variously rendered in the Authorised

Version, and a knowledge of their true significance and the spheres to which they belong

enables us to read many of the riddles of the Old Testament.

- In the Briatic World the Divine Emanations are held to manifest through the Ten

Mighty Archangels, whose names play such an important part in ceremonial magic; it is

the worn and effaced remnants of these Words of Power that are the "barbarous names of

evocation" of mediaeval magic, not one letter of which may be changed." Why this is so

may readily be seen when we remember that in Hebrew a letter is also a number, and the

numbers of a Name have an important significance.

- In the Yetziratic World the Divine Emanations manifest, not through a single Being,

but through different types of beings, which are called the Angelic Hosts or Choirs.

-The Assiatic World is not, strictly speaking, the World of Matter when viewed from

the Sephirotic standpoint, but rather the Lower Astral and Etheric Planes which, together,

form the background of matter. Upon the physical plane the Divine Emanations manifrst

through what may not inapdy be called the Ten Mundane Chakras, likening these centres

of manifestation to the centres that exist in the human body, an exact analogy. These

Chakras are the Primum Mobile or First Swirlings, the Sphere of the Zodiac, the seven

planets, and the Elements taken together-ten in all.

- It will be seen from the foregoing that each Sephirah will therefore consist, firstly, of

its Mundane Chakra; secondly, of an angelic host of beings, Devas or Archons,

Principalities or Powers, according to the terminology used; thirdly, an Arch-angelic

Consciousness, or Throne; and fourthly, a special aspect of the Deity. God as He is, in

His entirety, being hidden behind the Negative Veils of Existence, incomprehensible to

unenlightened human consciousness... "

Dion Fortune's “Mystical Qabalah”

from chapter 4, the title is "THE UNWRITTEN QABALAH"

http://gnosticfellowship.com/reading/qabalah/mystical.pdf

Thank you for sharing... I have recently started studying bits about Kabbalah teaching and very much appreciate it's roots and the esoterically applications that I can see from it so far... It just reminds me so much, that growing closer to God takes 'soul work' and that these applications from their various sources influence us over time in their understanding, just as our application of them does. When compiled we do see the bigger picture, god does become more central for us and we see him more clearly as a natural and necessary part of our own growth toward the heavenlies, enlightenment, the mystery, etc... I hope what you shared may encourage someone to look at Kabbalah..

This thread makes me wonder where "Alienated Being" is....... he ALWAYS has some input on these kinds of threads - usually derogatory - but at least dependable :tu:

I was going to go with 42 as well, but I'm going to revise my answer to 5. (42=16, 1-6=-5)

All things happen in fives, or are divisible by or are multiples of five, or are somehow directly or indirectly appropriate to 5.

The Law of Fives is never wrong.

—Malaclypse the Younger

Us Discordians must stick apart.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1

Mary Jane? I tend to say 'guy'. I'm confused. Do you mean the guy who thought of making this first? I guess God and/or you can "insert anything" after..But the guy who thought of it first probably didn't get to accomplish it, maybe?

Edited by kampz