Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
Bling

Can atheists and religious lovers be happy?

27 posts in this topic

That's lovely to hear. How long has it taken him to 'lean towards being a believer'? Do you think he's changed his beliefs because he's with you? :)

I think it's a combination of things Bling. He sees how I have brought the girls up as a mum and how my faith has been entwined in the process. He has been to Mass with me and has got quite emotional during it. When he does rarely come to Church with me, he always has said that there is something about the Mass that really touches him. He also loves my circle of family, my Mum and Dad and brothers who are RC and has always said there is something 'different' about them. Interestingly both his brothers married RC girls as well and they all met at a Catholic social club which was around the corner from where he use to live. He loved the 'vibe' he felt from the Catholic community even though he was Atheist at the time.

He had a 'heart attack' just over 2 years ago and that affected him profoundly and he told me that he did actually pray to Jesus as the Doctors didn't expect him to survive. So slowly over 27 years and more recently he has mentioned that he does believe that there is a God and now gets a bit offended if anyone disrespects Jesus. I don't think he will ever convert to RC but that is his decision and I would never, ever pressurise him to do so.

Edited by Star of the Sea
1 person likes this

I think it's a combination of things Bling. He sees how I have brought the girls up as a mum and how my faith has been entwined in the process. He has been to Mass with me and has got quite emotional during it. When he does rarely come to Church with me, he always has said that there is something about the Mass that really touches him. He also loves my circle of family, my Mum and Dad and brothers who are RC and has always said there was something 'different' about them. Interestingly both his brothers married RC girls as well and they all met at a Catholic social club which was around the corner from where he use to live. He loved the 'vibe' he felt from the Catholic community even though he was Atheist at the time.

He had a 'heart attack' just over 2 years ago and that affected him profoundly and he told me that he did actually pray to Jesus as the Doctors didn't expect him to survive. So slowly over 27 years and more recently he has mentioned that he does believe that there is a God and now gets a bit offended if anyone disrespects God. I don't think he will ever convert to RC but that is his decision and I would never, ever pressurise him to do so.

Even though I'm an atheist, i love hearing stories of people who truly love their faith and can be happy with it, if it works for them then fair play. Regarding your husband, I've known alot of people turn to religion when they suffer a health scare or are questioning their place in the world and it's good he got comfort from it - I know I did for a while.

1 person likes this