Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Online test estimates ‘Face-Name Memory IQ’

Karlis

How skilled are you at remembering faces and names?

Researchers at Washington University in St. Louis are inviting the world to take part in an online experiment that will allow participants to see how their individual scores on a face-name memory test compare with those of other test takers.

Read more here; and link to memory test

I took the test but was given no score.

Your immediate memory IQ score 111

70% of the 14468 people that have so far completed this task have performed worse than you did.

You correctly identified 88% of items.

happy my result, thought id have to drag name to persons face but older and new faces was more easier.

Edited by Ever Learning
  • Like 1

Is this one of those things where you have to give an email address in order to get your score?

Anyway, I can never remember names. I think it'd be much easier to remember who people are if we all just had numbers.

• Like 1

Memory iq score: 108

Correctly guessed 86% of the items

Not too horrible I guess. Sometimes in person after introducing myself or being introduced to someone I forget the other person's name as soon as the conversation is over. I think saying the names out loud as I read them helped somehow with this test.

• Like 1

Is this one of those things where you have to give an email address in order to get your score?

Anyway, I can never remember names. I think it'd be much easier to remember who people are if we all just had numbers.

Didn't have to give email to see results but they do offer for you to do another test in the future and ask for you to have the chance to do the future test

Wow, 91% of people did worse than I did... and I got 93% correct.

I've always been good with putting names to faces in the short term actually. I'm fairly social and remembering names and faces is part of that.

I actually signed up for the long term test tomorrow.

This is a university research test, and you don't have to give them any information you don't want to give out.

Your immediate memory IQ score: 94

25% of the 20472 people that have so far completed this task have performed worse than you did.

You correctly identified 75% of items.

Honestly thought I'd do much worse.

I'm really bad with names... and faces...and places...and dates and...what was I saying?