Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Family eat curry every day for a year

Still Waters

Father of three Dan Toombs always guaranteed his children a hot reception when they got home - because he fed his family curry every day for a YEAR.

Dan, 47, began making his own Indian dishes after becoming fed up paying out for takeaways.

The family even had turkey with spices and Bombay potatoes on Christmas Day and now they love their Madras and korma treats.

http://www.dailymail...-days-year.html

• Like 1

I guess whatever floats your boat. I wouldn't want it.

I do love curry but everyday is a little much.

So, do they only eat once a day or is breakfast and lunch like normal people cereal and stuff?

This made me laugh as my 15 year old daughter would eat curry every night if I let her! I have trouble getting her to eat 'good old plain dinners' like the good traditional British roast but you have to persevere. Chicken pie for tea tonight! Where have all my icons gone? No smiley's tonight?:)

Oh that's odd I did a smiley as in.. ditto and hyphen and it actually came out surprisingly as a smiley face!

Edited by Star of the Sea

That almost seems like it would be erosive to the innards... :no:

They would need to install a stainless steel toilet bowl , all that curry would eat through a china one :cry:

TiP

According to the nutter:

'It's a massive misconception that Indian food is unhealthy. When it is cooked in a restaurant with lots of oil and butter it is. But when cooked at home it is very good for you.'

edited to increase font.

Edited by coldethyl

According to the nutter:

'It's a massive misconception that Indian food is unhealthy. When it is cooked in a restaurant with lots of oil and butter it is. But when cooked at home it is very good for you.'

edited to increase font.

Why are you calling him a nutter?

Don't you realise people eat like this in India? lol

It can be healthy, the main reason Indian takeaway and chinese takeaway are so un healthy is because they put large amounts of salt and fat in the food. If you cooked it yourself you cna easily have a healthy meal.

The only thing I wouldn't like is eating this every night.

But it doesn't mean he is a nutter, if he is then the whole of India must be nutters by that logic?!

This made me laugh as my 15 year old daughter would eat curry every night if I let her! I have trouble getting her to eat 'good old plain dinners' like the good traditional British roast but you have to persevere. Chicken pie for tea tonight! Where have all my icons gone? No smiley's tonight? :)

Oh that's odd I did a smiley as in.. ditto and hyphen and it actually came out surprisingly as a smiley face!

I'm not aiming this at you, it's a a general comment, only qouting you cause you mentioned it.

But it does make me laugh how us Brits claim to have "traditional" meals when all our herb's, spices and sauces are from abroad. Including the herbs and spices you use in a roast. lol

Most coming from India as well which makes it fitting to this topic.

Some people don't even realise that Brown sauce, Ketchup and Mustard all use Indian spices. lol

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 1

Why are you calling him a nutter?

Don't you realise people eat like this in India? lol

It can be healthy, the main reason Indian takeaway and chinese takeaway are so un healthy is because they put large amounts of salt and fat in the food. If you cooked it yourself you cna easily have a healthy meal.

The only thing I wouldn't like is eating this every night.

But it doesn't mean he is a nutter, if he is then the whole of India must be nutters by that logic?!

I'm not aiming this at you, it's a a general comment, only qouting you cause you mentioned it.

But it does make me laugh how us Brits claim to have "traditional" meals when all our herb's, spices and sauces are from abroad. Including the herbs and spices you use in a roast. lol

Most coming from India as well which makes it fitting to this topic.

Some people don't even realise that Brown sauce, Ketchup and Mustard all use Indian spices. lol

Yes, I realize it can be healthy, that's why I quoted what I quoted. You seem to want to argue with me all the time.

I think it's nuts for anyone to eat only one food straight food for a year. ANY food.

You don't think Indian people eat curry every night for every meal do you? That's really limiting their imagination a bit isn't it? Oh, lol

Yes, I realize it can be healthy, that's why I quoted what I quoted. You seem to want to argue with me all the time.

I think it's nuts for anyone to eat only one food straight food for a year. ANY food.

You don't think Indian people eat curry every night for every meal do you? That's really limiting their imagination a bit isn't it? Oh, lol

No not all, of course i don't want to argue witt you! Sorry if I came across that way!

I jsut thought you where being a bit harsh calling him a nutter. :P lol

Edited by Coffey

You could say the same about half a billion Indians... another non-news article.

So, do they only eat once a day or is breakfast and lunch like normal people cereal and stuff?

I think they eat normal breakfast; I hope so or that really does show a lack of imagination!

You could say the same about half a billion Indians... another non-news article.

Pretty much what I was thinking. And where does the idea come from that curry is bad for the innards ? It is mainly turmeric, which has many reputed health benefits. I spoke to one old guy once who was brought up in the Depression on a pineapple farm, and was forced to eat pineapple as part of every meal, for years ! That would start to wear pretty quickly, he told me he never ever eat any more pineapple after leaving that farm. I can understand that !

No not all, of course i don't want to argue witt you! Sorry if I came across that way!

I jsut thought you where being a bit harsh calling him a nutter. :P lol

Understood. :)