Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

what is death?

Roy Perry

Near Death Experiences no more give evidence to the after life than Bridey Murphy gave to the evidences of reincarnation.

what about evp's?

If literal then it's when you die. Spiritual. It's when God or yourself allows you to become something more. You allow yourself to progress to the next stage of life and learn and become whole with yourself again.

Death is the equalizer elixir to make of everyone to be the same as before he or she was born. Hitler died and so did Mother Teresa. What is the difference between them now? None. The difference between human beings is seen only during the years of life. There are no stages of life. Every human being who is born, he or she is a newborn person to live only once and never to return. If you ask me, that's a consolation to many religious preconceived notions that only cause depression and anxieties.

Ben

Edited by Ben Masada

Death is when you stop living, your brain stops producing electrical impulses and quickly liquifies; your body follows suit...that is the start of decomposition.

It is unwise to accept someone elses statements about something you have never experienced personally yourself.

I am inclined to accept the Hindu model of death as i respect the Yogic practice of self discovery and the depth of their description.

However I am firmly skeptical of this since I have no personal experience on which to form an opinion.

Br Cornelius

Death is when you stop living, your brain stops producing electrical impulses and quickly liquifies; your body follows suit...that is the start of decomposition.

That's a medical scientific definition. I my opinion, the original poster is more interested in something bordering on spirituality.

Ben

It is unwise to accept someone elses statements about something you have never experienced personally yourself.

I am inclined to accept the Hindu model of death as i respect the Yogic practice of self discovery and the depth of their description.

However I am firmly skeptical of this since I have no personal experience on which to form an opinion.

Br Cornelius

In that case, you can speculate on what you believe it could be, and what survives with physical death. I mean, if there is anything in the afterlife.

Ben

Death! :huh: Shizzz haven't figured out what "live" is yet ....but none the less we are doing both at the same time...

Well, according to Descarte, "I think, therefore I live." To think is an evidence that we live. When memory is gone, we are dead.

Ben

That's a medical scientific definition. I my opinion, the original poster is more interested in something bordering on spirituality.

Ben

What makes you feel that there is a better explanation, out of curiosity?

Well, according to Descarte, "I think, therefore I live." To think is an evidence that we live. When memory is gone, we are dead.

Ben

The trick is to realize that this "I" that speaks is the same "I" wherever it speaks.This realization is a loss of self as a separate self and need not coincide (though it often does) with a body ceasing to function.

The "I" could very well be just a conceptual illusion like all man-made concepts.

No escape, you'll find out when it happens sooner or later. If you wake up afterwards its a bonus,if you don't you wont know anyway so why worry.

• Like 1

Some just call it the end of our physical forms and the end of our consciousness, some say it's the beginning of a new life either in a heaven or a heaven-esque place, or back here again on Earth. We'll probably never know for sure, that is, until we're all dead.

What makes you feel that there is a better explanation, out of curiosity?

Religion. Religion is the main reason why people quest about death. The curiosity is in the hope that there is something rewarding in the afterlife.

Ben

The trick is to realize that this "I" that speaks is the same "I" wherever it speaks.This realization is a loss of self as a separate self and need not coincide (though it often does) with a body ceasing to function.

That "I" or sense of conscience is over with death.

No need to fear Death as it isn't the end.

Rather the opposite is true. There is no need to fear death precisely for that reason: It is the end. (Eccl. 9:5,6)

Ben

• Like 1

Death is the cessation of your Ka/Ba/Ankh/consciousness/soul/id or whatever. The questions and arguments occur around whether your consciousness continues to exist in some form after your body is dead. I'm not going to stray into that region, but I think it reasonable to say that when your core being has gone, then that is death. Hmm, perhaps as there is brain death and clinical death, perhaps there could be body death and soul death, I don't no.

Actually, the first state in this division of consciousness is called by the Egyptians as the "Ba" (soul). This is the aspect of consciousness that reincarnates. The Ba separates from consciousness at the moment of death and goes back into the well of souls to be reborn again. The Ba never dies, it reincarnates and continues its sacred pilgrimage towards total illumination.

The second aspect of this great separation at death is named the "Ka". The Ka is the part of the human consciousness that remains here on Earth. It is perceived as the "ghost" or psychic residue of the previous conscious being. It is the spirit. It is the part of us that has a connection with the place that the physical body lived, with the objects it possessed, with the people that it knew. It literally haunts the place of its life forever.

The Ka then is the aspect of consciousness that is left when the Ba, or animating force, departs the physical body. It is the shadow, or remaining psychic imprint, of soul consciousness, or the "spirit" which haunts a place, that occupies illusory heavens and hells, that may relive its own human life over and over for eternity.

Certain rituals were designed to keep the Ka inside the tomb and to make sure that it would not be released back into the world to become a phantom or ghost. If one were successful in accomplishing this then the BA would also be freed from the realm of incarnation. The BA would then be able to pass into many different realms of the afterlife at will. This science reunited the essence of the Ka and the Ba at the moment of death in a way so that they would not separate.

No escape, you'll find out when it happens sooner or later. If you wake up afterwards its a bonus,if you don't you wont know anyway so why worry.

That's what I mean: It is the end. The "Doors" was right: "The end." Thanks God. How boring eternity must be!

Ben

Some just call it the end of our physical forms and the end of our consciousness, some say it's the beginning of a new life either in a heaven or a heaven-esque place, or back here again on Earth. We'll probably never know for sure, that is, until we're all dead.

What can the dead know? "The living know that they are to die; the dead no longer know anything. There is no further recompense for them, because all memory of them is lost. For them, love and hatred and rivalry have long since perished. They will never again have part in anything that is done under the sun." (Eccl. 9:5,6)

Ben