Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Owner prosecuted for giving cat paracetamol

Still Waters

A well-meaning pet owner who tried to treat her cat’s limp with paracetamol ended up in court after accidentally killing it.

Claire Pritchard, 45, noticed her black cat, Midnight, was struggling to walk properly so fed her a quarter of a 500mg tablet in a bid to ease its pain.

She gave the two-year-old cat a second quarter of the painkiller the following morning but ended up poisoning her with the drug, which is only suitable for human consumption.

http://www.dailymail...-ease-pain.html

medicating with out intention is stupid and you can see from her using only a quarter than she did try to put some thought into this. im sure this woman feels punishment enough from the loss of her animal at her own hands.

• Like 3

The first photo if the cat shows a front paw wrapped up. Wonder why she wasn't given any pain meds for the cat when it was wrapped.

Do people not realize that animals aren't human? Poor kitty. At the very least, if you're not going to go to the vet, look on the internet to see if you're about to poison your animal.

• Like 2

I feel sorry for the lady she just didn't know any better. We treat our pets like family members because they are. Sometime we just forget.

That cat didn't weigh that much and that pill was probably meant for a 100 to 150 pound human. It would of only took a tiny bit for the cat and even with that some things that are fine for us will kill a cat or dog.

R.I.P. Midnight.....as for the lady I'm sure she meant no harm but that's just my opinion. The least she could have done was do some research we all know pain medication for humans is for HUMANS ONLY.