Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Peace-prize winning Pakistani girl on Taliban

Keel M.

There is nothing really to over-analyze here. The attempted murder on the 14 year old girl was most likely done by an ignorant gunman who probably grew up under the influence of associated taliban (family?) members who forced him to memorise Wahhabism and Shariah Law by the age of 5. Result - a screwed up and poorly indoctrinated individual with limited mental and rational capacity.

My question is how Pakistan, who likes to pass itself as being pro-western and civilsed, is going to eradicate this scum from their land.

Edited by BlackRedLittleDevil

My question is how Pakistan, who likes to pass itself as being pro-western and civilsed, is going to eradicate this scum from their land.

That's the big question, for Pakistan and other countries as well, but unfortunately there is no easy or even available answer. I am very pessimistic, general Zia ul Haq and other politicians in the ME ignited a fire thinking they can control it to serve their political goals, now it's a blazing wild fire which will take decades to extinguish or even control. The jinni cannot be squeezed back into the bottle and trying to do that requires a total overhaul of the system, education, and the media....and a political death wish.

• Like 1

That's the big question, for Pakistan and other countries as well, but unfortunately there is no easy or even available answer. I am very pessimistic, general Zia ul Haq and other politicians in the ME ignited a fire thinking they can control it to serve their political goals, now it's a blazing wild fire which will take decades to extinguish or even control. The jinni cannot be squeezed back into the bottle and trying to do that requires a total overhaul of the system, education, and the media....and a political death wish.

Pakistan lost a lot of credibility and showed why they are classified as a third world country when they were incapable of stopping the assassination of Benazir Bhutto in 07. Whatever her crimes, she was an enigmatic figure, a Pakistani icon, who proved it was possible for women to become leaders in Islamic countries.

With the rise of the Taliban within their borders, the country is also proving to be a dangerous powder keg sitting on nukes, ready to explode. While their eternal foes, India, are slowly but surely heading in the right direction.

• Like 1

There is nothing really to over-analyze here. The attempted murder on the 14 year old girl was most likely done by an ignorant gunman who probably grew up under the influence of associated taliban (family?) members who forced him to memorise Wahhabism and Shariah Law by the age of 5. Result - a screwed up and poorly indoctrinated individual with limited mental and rational capacity.

you are probably right. as (fundamental) religious indocrination begins as soon as the baby is born, when the brain is actually forming.

("give me the boy until he is seven and I will give you the man"....... http://uk.answers.ya...25015743AAtbNey

Then this is the kind of thing that can happen? I remember there was something said by her attackers shortly after, when the world

was 'up in arms' about it...along the lines of.....'what's all the fuss about???'

Perhaps the attacker(s) were actually a bit shocked at the world's outrage, not expecting it as they are living within their own narrow world-view..?

don't know

Edited by bee
  • Like 1

I don't consider Pakistan to be "civilised". Any country that considers violence against people who "insult" their religion (and we're talking about someone who didn't burn the Koran but people thought she did) acceptable isn't civilised.

And anyway, the Taliban deserve every single airstrike and bullet to the head that they can get. The more of them die, the better the world is as far as I am concerned.

Well there ya go, just goes to show there is always a reaction to an action and it's not always negative. In this case the negativity of the action was overwhelmingly suppressed by the reaction.

The only thing those bullets that tried to end a young life did, was to inspire in many more young lives the desire to follow the victim in her same footsteps.

Justice & Progress - Ignorance 1-0

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20264715