Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why do you believe in UFO's and aliens?

Bionic Bigfoot

I thought I would start a topic on why some of us believe in advanced aliens and the crafts they travel in. Please post your comments, thoughts, stories and reasons for why you believe, the conclusions you've drawn and any 'evidence' you have. ;)

Please allow me to share a little bit about why I believe in these things. I believe it's only logical to assume that there is life throughout the universe and probably throughout our own galaxy. We know for fact that our own Milky Way galaxy contains billions of stars and more than likely billions of planets as well. If we consider the drake equation to be even remotely accurate, that leaves the possibility for 100's or 1000's of advanced species. Even if we don't consider the drake equation at all, common sense should tell us that the universe is probably teaming with intelligent life forms. There is no way that all those planets out there are barren rocks or inhabitable gas giants. What would the purpose of that be and it wouldn't make sense. Now, some people and scientists believe and agree that intelligent life could be out there, but that is as far as they are willing to go. The argument is that there is no way advanced life could get 'here' from 'there. The distances are too vast and that even the closest stars to us are light years away. Our current level of scientificl understanding is that nothing travels faster than light and therefore even at light speed no alien craft could get here. Well, to this I say that our human understanding of science is very primitive. We are just beginning to understand certain principles and simply because we haven't mastered science and technology , doesn't mean another much older and advanced civilization hasn't. We have no idea whether or not an intelligent species started their intergalactic space travel thousands of years ago or even if they might be using a worm hole to traverse the huge distances. Scientists speculate that worm holes and such things do exist. Of course though we don't have any evidence or no proof yet....

However, if there is intelligent life out there and they HAVE figured out a way to travel the distances, it only makes sense to me that they would be visiting us regularly and probably for a very long time. They would have found a planet that is full of life and has been for millions of years. If we were the space travelers to a distant world full of life, we would likely have bases set up nearby to watch and investigate the inhabitants. How many rovers have they sent to Mars already just looking for the slightest signs of life? Even though we can only speculate and theorize what they might be doing here, there would have to be a very important reason.

I believe that aliens have been visiting earth for hundreds, thousands, maybe even millions of years. If they are as advanced as it seems, they could have bases set up nearby, under our oceans, or maybe they even slip through different dimensions but are still always nearby. I refuse to believe that our ancient ancestors managed to build and achieve some of the great things they did 1000's of years ago all on their own. And just like the ancient astronaut theories suggest, there are things that were simply impossible for our primitive ancestors to do with the simple tools they had available. There are so many monolithic creations around the world made using stones that weigh hundreds and sometimes 1000's of tons. Today with modern equipment and huge cranes, we'd have a very hard time moving some of those stone slabs. Then there are the cuts and precise fitting of these stones that defies explanation.

Besides these things though, every ancient human culture wrote about 'gods' or beings from space. The wrote about these things, depicted them on stone tablets and told about knowledge that was given or passed down to them. How else could these ancient peoples have figured out some of the things they did. There was no electricity, no batteries, (although) they have discovered a rudimentary battery or something that appeared to be a battery in ancient Egypt. Even if it was an ancient battery, it was tested and the voltage it produced couldn't have possibly provided enough power tor much. I won't go on too much about my beliefs on ancient aliens right now.......

In modern times, we've progressed at an unnaturally fast pace, technologically. It's only been in the last 100 years that we've achieved the most scientific breakthroughs and inventions. We went from living in wooden houses with no electricity to having microprocessors and satellites in space. Where did this knowledge spring from all of a sudden and so quickly? I believe that extra-terrestrials have been guiding us, helping us along and providing the sparks at times we needed to make some of our advancements. I believe wholeheartedly that the Roswell incident happened. I believe that US government has been hiding the truth since then and that much was learned about aliens and their technology through reverse engineering.

Then we have the testimonials, videos, pictures and eye witness accounts of these craft from all over the world. Military, police, pilots, doctors, lawyers, non-believers, so many credible witnesses to real events and some up very close and impossible to misidentify. We all know the remarkable stories that have occurred and what these people are seeing is real.

I'm trying to NOT write a book and keep it as brief and detailed as possible, but I have failed, lol. But anyway, those are some of my reasons for believing in the entire UFO/alien subject and through reading and researching this topic for over 25 years of my life, I'm completely convinced that UFO's are real, that they've been here for eons and they are not going away anytime soon.

• Like 2

The one I saw when I was in the military in South Korea looked something like this picture, a Saturn-shaped object that hovered near a radio tower for 10-15 minutes and then took off at extremely high speed. I did not believe that it was from earth then and I do not believe it now, nor is anything ever likely to change my mind about that.

5.gif

• Like 4

I think they have been coming here since the beginning of humanity. I'm not going to dismiss that we might be what we are today because of them. There have been some incredible achievements made, like the pyramids, that make me think they had a hand in building it.

Then you have all the sightings over the years even before modern jets that make me question if something more exists out there. Plus the fact our government has a plan in case of alien invasion and their claim of unusual flying objects around our nuclear silos.

• Like 5

Thanks MacGuffin for sharing your story and yours is among thousands who've had very similar experiences. All they all crazy, seeing things that aren't there, confusing a flare for an intelligently controlled spacecraft? I think NOT! :):clap:

• Like 1

The one I saw when I was in the military in South Korea looked something like this picture, a Saturn-shaped object that hovered near a radio tower for 10-15 minutes and then took off at extremely high speed. I did not believe that it was from earth then and I do not believe it now, nor is anything ever likely to change my mind about that.

5.gif

Once you have experienced something first hand like this you know better and you can never go back. I saw a ghost once and now I am a big believer in the afterlife.
  • Like 5

I've seen a UFO myself flying very low over the mountains where I live. I have no opinion of whether aliens are here or not(no proof one way or the other), but UFO's(unidentified flying objects) are an observed phenomena documented over the centuries that can't be denied.

• Like 1

I've seen a few. But I have to admit I kind of believed in them before those events..

Seeing a UFO just cemented that belief for me.

5.gif

Oh dear... I gues now we will have SOHO imagery... saucers... big as the sun... bigger than venus... smeg that... sometimes science have the answer... WE DID IT. How about that?

Oh dear... I gues now we will have SOHO imagery... saucers... big as the sun... bigger than venus... smeg that... sometimes science have the answer... WE DID IT. How about that?

That's not SOHO imagery, but dates from a long time before. Try again. LOL

That's not SOHO imagery, but dates from a long time before. Try again. LOL

Ah, good, since you are in the know, entertain us with your knowledge, oh master, can you, will you, huh?

I do happen to believe there is other life in the universe, I just don't believe they're coming here.

• Like 1

Ah, good, since you are in the know, entertain us with your knowledge, oh master, can you, will you, huh?

For you? Nope.

• Like 1

very nice opening post, Bionic Bigfoot..... :tu:

I have had a vague interest in UFO / ET for a long time....but nothing major....just one of the interests I had...

As a child I would go in the garden at night sometimes.... looking at the sky for ages, trying to identify the different constellations and stars.

Although I wasn't thinking about UFOs or ET then.... :)

A milestone for me was reading Robert Temple's 'Sirius Mystery' and I was.....woah...especially as I love the star Sirius...

Then we have the testimonials, videos, pictures and eye witness accounts of these craft from all over the world. Military, police, pilots, doctors, lawyers, non-believers, so many credible witnesses to real events and some up very close and impossible to misidentify. We all know the remarkable stories that have occurred and what these people are seeing is real.

The next milestone for me was the Disclosure Project.....I was stunned. And that it was happening in modern times blew me away.

The one after that was about Roswell.....I had chewed it over and seen lots of stuff on the internet but hadn't made up my mind.

The turning point with Roswell for me was this Boyd Bushman interview....that was the point that I thought...I believe this man and

I'm coming off the fence when it comes to the 'Beings' being part of the (shoot down) event...

Roswell bit starts at 2:22...this is the third of a three part interview and I think Bushman (in the whole Sereda interview)

is trying to tell us a few things but is doing it in a way that doesn't violate his National Security or secrecy oath...

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NylZw7U95UU[/media]

these are just the milestones....then there's dreams, ideas, stumbling on info, research and pondering.... :D

I have had a vague interest in UFO / ET for a long time....but nothing major....just one of the interests I had...

And then there are those of us who have had experiences that we'll probably never have a definitive answer for.

Why do you believe in UFO's and aliens?

That's the million dollar question, and sums up this entire forum section quite nicely (along with the other side of the coin, as in why don't you believe...)

As has been stated, UFO's are without question a legitimate phenomena that deserves scrutiny. As far as aliens however there is not enough solid evidence for me to make that leap just yet. And yes, I've been looking into the ETH for years now but so far nothing I have seen has been good enough to pass scientific rigor. My $0.02.

Everything S2F just said goes for me aswell,... I would just like to add that I have a pretty cool UFO sighting myself. I have no idea what it was or where it came from.

Why do I believe in extraterrestrial life? Because it's impossible that life only exists on earth. Theoretically, there could be dozens or even hundreds of spacefaring civilizations in our galaxy alone. Extrapolate that to the entire universe and well...the numbers can't be grasped by the human mind.

As for UFOs? I don't know what I believe there. While I think there's significant evidence that we were visited by an advanced species in our early history (that, or human civilization is much older than conventional science states), I don't know if what we're calling UFOs are in fact alien craft. It seems a lot more likely that most, if not all, are misidentified natural phenomenon and aircraft of human design. That doesn't preclude highly classified aircraft, of course. In fact, I tend to think that a lot of the triangular craft reported over the southern US and (oddly enough) Belgium were of American origin.

the evidence is overwhelming, the Battle of LA, the Belgian UFO wave, and many many other multi-witnessed events, complete with photos.

However, I cannot state whether or not these intelligently controlled crafts are controled by extra-terrestials or by future earthlings going back in time.

There are two governments that I am aware of that will hide NOTHING about UFO sightings in their own country, the Belgian and Iranian governments. And you can bet the farm that if they know a lot about UFO's, many many other governments know, too, and yet HIDE THEIR KNOWLEDGE from their respective citizenry.

the $million question is,,,, WHY?

the evidence is overwhelming, the Battle of LA, the Belgian UFO wave, and many many other multi-witnessed events, complete with photos.

the $million question is,,,, WHY?

The evidence is overwhelming, which is why it's so easy and fun to demolish the "skeptic" trolls.

Why is always a good question, as are the questions of who and where. The latter two questions can be answered is a general way by saying there are many different groups from various civilizations, probably over 100 of them who at least pop in here for a look around. That's not the thing that they're keeping secret, or if they are it's the worst-kept secret in history.

Anyone who is not a complete moron or a disinformation agent and looks at the whole history of UFOs knows that they're here.

My answer to the why is that some of the ETs are hostile.

Edited by TheMacGuffin
  • Like 2

Even former intelligence officers like Col. Alexander know that UFOs are real and that some of them are absolutely gigantic craft that are not from any civilization we know. This is just a fact and is not even worth arguing about with the deniers.

[media=]

[/media] Edited by TheMacGuffin

The evidence is overwhelming, which is why it's so easy and fun to demolish the "skeptic" trolls.

Why is always a good question, as are the questions of who and where. The latter two questions can be answered is a general way by saying there are many different groups from various civilizations, probably over 100 of them who at least pop in here for a look around. That's not the thing that they're keeping secret, or if they are it's the worst-kept secret in history.

Anyone who is not a complete moron or a disinformation agent and looks at the whole history of UFOs knows that they're here.

My answer to the why is that some of the ETs are hostile.

who pops in here, the disinformation agents...? you don't say!! LOL. I think I know some :--)

but seriously, I never considered the ET's to be generically the same inre, hostility.

We saw the French and British settle into Canada, the British were quite hostile to the Indians, while the French moved in with them and even fought the British with them on their side.

So,,, why should ET's from many many civizations be all alike, inre, hostility? they can't be, or can't be *expected* to be, IMO.

I am sure you are aware of the Dyatlov Pass incident. Freeking BRUTAL.

That would make a great thread in here again.

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
  • Like 1

who pops in here, the disinformation agents...? you don't say!! LOL. I think I know some :--)

I am sure you are aware of the Dyatlov Pass incident. Freeking BRUTAL.

That would make a great thread in here again.

It's like that story Dorothy Kilgallen was told back in the 1950s by a very high level source in the British government, that one of the saucers that crashed was carrying human body parts in cold storage.

Very hard to prove such stories, but she dug around more about UFOs than most other journalists.

I remember Dorothy, mostly from her being a panelist on "What's My Line?". Intersting info.

Yet we also know of the seemingly non-hostile abductions of Betty and Barney Hill - so you see, that bears out my point. they are all different.

I also remember the 1950's. Shoot, MacGuff, you're making me feel *old* LOL

I listend to the vid, very interesting

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps

I'm completely convinced that UFO's are real, that they've been here for eons and they are not going away anytime soon.

Not to knock you or your post cause I think it's a great subject and everyone brings something a little different to the table...

But UFO?s are not something you can just believe in or not. It is simply an object that is flying that is unidentified.

These kind of misuses of wording fuels the skeptics. When many people hear ufo they automatically think "alien" just another example of how we (humans) contaminate things. (I love life and humans btw) But what I am getting at is try the old 20 or so person line and tell person 1 something and see what you get from person 20. As humans, it is only in our nature to make mistakes so how many do you think we have made over the years. (Strictly record keeping) or how many are lost or destroyed to "protect us" not just with aliens, but in relegion, and all aspects of history.

I have started beleiving in UFOS after watching loads of documentaries ,

Damn i have been trying to watch the skies at night but to my luck i cant see any :(

MY question is

1> If UFOS are ET controlled , are there more than one type of aliens?(as ufos are of different shapes and sizes )

2>If they have been here from long back and helping us, why didnt they simply technologically advance us during ancient time?

• Like 1