Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why do you believe in UFO's and aliens?

Bionic Bigfoot

Boon, for whatever reason, you are one of the hardest of the hard core "skeptics", and nothing I have ever posted makes the slightest dent in that.

I don't know what would. You tell me.

Real, tangible evidence, I would suggest.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

Boon, for whatever reason, you are one of the hardest of the hard core "skeptics", and nothing I have ever posted makes the slightest dent in that.

I don't know what would. You tell me.

Badeskov has answered this for me. (Thank you for that Bade :tu: )

That's precisely what it will take to convince me of just about anything. Real, tangible evidence.

Real, tangible evidence, I would suggest.

Why don't you tell them what you know?

That's precisely what it will take to convince me of just about anything. Real, tangible evidence.

What do you want? A dead alien?

I mean it, Badeskov, since you claim to be a big expert on satellites and all that. You know as well as I do that they have detected UFOs, but you never say anything about that.

You are most welcome, Boony :)

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

I mean it, Badeskov, since you claim to be a big expert on satellites and all that. You know as well as I do that they have detected UFOs, but you never say anything about that.

Sure they detect UFOs, lots of stuff flitting around in space. But so far I have not seen any indications of any of them being of ET origin.

And what exactly is it that you think that I know?

Cheers,

Badeskov

Edited by badeskov

What do you want? A dead alien?

As convincing as that would be, I'd prefer a live one. No need to start some kind of interstellar conflict after all. Assuming the live alien was peaceful, of course.

An alien object of some kind would go a long way as well. A ship. A piece of a ship. A device of some kind. A communication which can be verified as being extraterrestrial, picked up by SETI for example. An alien toaster? Neil deGrasse Tyson's requested ash tray? Significant eye witness testimony backed up by credible video footage and/or photographs? There are lots of things which could be convincing.

Do you have any of that in your bag of tricks?

Growing up I never believed in ufos or aliens. Then I had my first encounter with a UFO, it was similar to a blue plasma ball. It was about 50-75 feet above me. I heard it first, then i looked up and seen it there, in time for me to tell my friends look up and see it, it shot off with a unimaginable speed. Thats the first experience and wouldnt be the last.

There was a world-wide effort to learn how gravity could be put to use as a form of energy. He added that he expected men would be traveling to the moon in electrically driven devices within five to ten years." Because our galaxy is teeming with planets it should be home to countless extraterrestrial civilizations. That is unless, through some perverse twist in nature, intelligent life is an evolutionary dead-end. But let's be optimistic and assume that some fraction of far-flung worlds rise to the status of a hosting a super-civilization,"

This was a true believer right after the WW2, so what gave him such strong belief ? He probably witnessed many things...by saying such things with such assurance...

This was a true believer right after the WW2, so what gave him such strong belief ? He probably witnessed many things...by saying such things with such assurance...

Oberth was part of that whole Project Paperclip group that was aware of UFO crashes and things like that. As I told Boon, he'll never be able to find any of those German scientists who did not know about that, although I'd give him a good grade for trying to spin this in a way favorable for the "skeptics".

I have never seen him do the same favor for anyone on the pro-ETH side.

It's a good question, and I don't have an answer. I don't know what he saw. The article suggests that all he based this conclusion on was "three years of studying the information supplied by his own and other governments," but it doesn't go into detail about what this information consisted of.

That said, I've seen a lot of people express the same level of confidence after reviewing evidence which I find less than compelling. So who is to say for sure?

Despite whatever information he was privy to, it seems clear from the quotation that he simply believes it to be extremely likely, and doesn't actually know as had been suggested. Based on that, I'd conclude that whatever information he did study, it wasn't iron clad or proof positive.

It's a good question, and I don't have an answer. I don't know what he saw. The article suggests that all he based this conclusion on was "three years of studying the information supplied by his own and other governments," but it doesn't go into detail about what this information consisted of.

That said, I've seen a lot of people express the same level of confidence after reviewing evidence which I find less than compelling. So who is to say for sure?

Despite whatever information he was privy to, it seems clear from the quotation that he simply believes it to be extremely likely, and doesn't actually know as had been suggested. Based on that, I'd conclude that whatever information he did study, it wasn't iron clad or proof positive.

Have you ever heard of Walther Riedel? You should look him up sometime if you haven't. Hint, hint....

"The fact that they can hover and accelerate away from the earth's gravity again and even revolve around a V-2 in America (as reported by their head scientist) shows that they are far ahead of us."

Lord Louis Mountbatten, 1950

Hint, hint....

Von Braun was the "head scientist" who told him that, and he knew plenty more about UFOs besides.....

Edited by TheMacGuffin

Here's another hint.

When Edward Ruppelt visited Los Alamos in 1952, the scientists told him something interesting about UFOs.

They had also figured out a way to detect them even when they weren't visible. So had the scientists at Oak Ridge, which was getting a lot of visits from UFOs at the time. Among other things, they knew that UFOs caused a jump in radiation at least 100 times above the normal background level, or at least some of them did.

This is science fact I'm telling you, ladies and gentleman, not science fiction, and they knew it even in the 1950s.

Dr. Robert Baker told Congress in 1968 about very high-flying UFOs detected on radar:

"The system is partially classified and, hence, I cannot go into great detail... Since this particular sensor system has been in operation, there have been a number of anomalistic alarms. Alarms that, as of this date, have not been explained on the basis of natural phenomena interference, equipment malfunction or inadequacy, or man-made space objects."

I regard this as old business, though, since it was already known as early as 1946, if not before, that there were things flying around 100 or 200 miles up that just should not have been there.

But there they were. Only the obtuse or the misinformed were not aware of all this long ago.

"They are flying by means of artificial fields of gravity... They produce high-tension electric charges in order to push the air out of their paths, so it does not start glowing, and strong magnetic fields to influence the ionized air at higher altitudes. First, this would explain their luminosity... Secondly, it would explain the noiselessness of UFO flight... Finally, this assumption also explains the strong electrical and magnetic effects sometimes, though not always, observed in the vicinity of UFOs."

Dr. Hermann Oberth, 1962

More old news.

Dr. Oberth also knew that UFOs could move very fast when they wanted to--up to speeds of 19 kilometers per second--and that this had been measured dozens of times. That is 11.4 miles per SECOND--over 40,000 miles per hour.

Not science fiction.

Badeskov, you think I don't know that our own spy planes saw plenty of UFOs? Above them, below them, alongside them, flying circles around them? Of course I knew that. LOL

Badeskov, you think I don't know that our own spy planes saw plenty of UFOs? Above them, below them, alongside them, flying circles around them? Of course I knew that. LOL

I don't think I mentioned anything about spy planes, but sure, they saw UFOs as well, although I do not recollect that there was an incident where a spy plane was circled by a UFO. But that does still just make them unknowns.

Cheers,

Badeskov

The knowledge alone of the known universe to see that we are virtually nothing. To think that we are possibly one in a billion at the very least is quite naive. let alone the true number of possibilities that exist.

The knowledge alone of the known universe to see that we are virtually nothing. To think that we are possibly one in a billion at the very least is quite naive. let alone the true number of possibilities that exist.

I personally believe that ET is out there in vast numbers, however, that they are visiting Earth I do not believe.

Cheers,

Badeskov

I personally believe that ET is out there in vast numbers, however, that they are visiting Earth I do not believe.

What makes you right about that and all these other people like Oberth and von Braun wrong? How can you be so sure?