Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why do you believe in UFO's and aliens?

Bionic Bigfoot

I remember Dorothy, mostly from her being a panelist on "What's My Line?". Intersting info.

Yet we also know of the seemingly non-hostile abductions of Betty and Barney Hill - so you see, that bears out my point. they are all different.

I also remember the 1950's. Shoot, MacGuff, you're making me feel *old* LOL

I listend to the vid, very interesting

This is a summary she wrote about the crashed saucer in 1955, and we now know that her source was Lord Louis Mountbatten, who was about as well-connected as it's possible for anyone to be. It does not say exactly when or where the crash was, but that information is always hard to come by.

Dorothy+Kilgallen+press+release.jpg

I have had a vague interest in UFO / ET for a long time....but nothing major....just one of the interests I had...

WOW Bee!

You call your bashing a "vague" interest?

Crikey Bee, I want to take you out to dinner more than I ever did now. When are you free for that dinner over a nice grange?

Just a nice quiet vague night......... ;)

• Like 1

I do not think that the Kilgallen story refers to the alleged Caldbeck UFO crash in 1954 or the the supposed Spitzbergen crash in 1946, both of which were most probably hoaxes. Mountbatten told Kilgallen that the crash had occurred somewhere in the Southwestern US in the late-1940s, where they found the remains of the little humanoids and (perhaps) the human body parts they collected.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread439030/pg2

WOW Bee!

You call your bashing a "vague" interest?

Crikey Bee, I want to take you out to dinner more than I ever did now. When are you free for that dinner over a nice grange?

Just a nice quiet vague night......... ;)

lol.... ;)....probably best that we live on opposite sides of the planet or you never know what might happen.... :P

You might have noticed my interest in the subject isn't vague any more...and hasn't been for a few years...as I said in my (full) post.

Basically, I love a good mystery and the whole UFO / ET subject is a cracking good mystery and I seek to make sense of it all.

:tu:

• Like 2

Generally, people believe in "UFO's and aliens" either because they have seen anything like that, they were told it by a person who they trust and/or by someone who made some trustworthy impression, they have seen (")proofs(") of it (video, photo) or they have read about it in a resource that they trust and similarly.

I believe that the majority of "UFO's and aliens" reports are not true. For examle, long ago I have heard that on some place in the same time some people saw UFO whereas others saw helicopters. I believe that some people can purposely lie and they are coming out with some made-up UFO stories in a similar way like people who almost died were coming out with some fabricated stories of what they saw during near-death experiences in order to make others believe in it.

It seems to me that "those who rule the world" are not against normal people's belief in UFO, perhaps they even support it. I have met some facts that speak in favor of this information, which does not exclude even deliberate cheats in order to make normal people believe in it more than they normally would.

Personally, when I hear about some UFO-related experiences, my attitude is that that such messages are most probably wrong and only much less probably right.

lol.... ;)....probably best that we live on opposite sides of the planet or you never know what might happen.... :P

Crikey Moses! Fireworks I bet!!

LOL, you kill me. I see you in quite a different light these days. You still befuddle me at times, but I think that is what keeps me coming back :w00t:

You might have noticed my interest in the subject isn't vague any more...and hasn't been for a few years...as I said in my (full) post.

Sorry, I just have never known you in any other capacity. I cannot imagine you in a regular quite homely life.

Basically, I love a good mystery and the whole UFO / ET subject is a cracking good mystery and I seek to make sense of it all.

:tu:

You're a mystery Bee! Even a tantalising one at that!

I am not sure I completely believe that is your entire goal, I get the distinct impression you have a lot of fun along the way ;) I am focussing on that side of you, and I find it rather pleasant :D But I doubt even you believe most of what you post ;) That makes the game all the more fun.

I will share that Grange with you one day yet!

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 2

Generally, people believe in "UFO's and aliens" either because they have seen anything like that, they were told it by a person who they trust and/or by someone who made some trustworthy impression, they have seen (")proofs(") of it (video, photo) or they have read about it in a resource that they trust and similarly.

I believe that the majority of "UFO's and aliens" reports are not true. For examle, long ago I have heard that on some place in the same time some people saw UFO whereas others saw helicopters. I believe that some people can purposely lie and they are coming out with some made-up UFO stories in a similar way like people who almost died were coming out with some fabricated stories of what they saw during near-death experiences in order to make others believe in it.

It seems to me that "those who rule the world" are not against normal people's belief in UFO, perhaps they even support it. I have met some facts that speak in favor of this information, which does not exclude even deliberate cheats in order to make normal people believe in it more than they normally would.

Personally, when I hear about some UFO-related experiences, my attitude is that that such messages are most probably wrong and only much less probably right.

Thing is that all the claims are definitely not ET. I know I have seen 2 UFO's well Three if you count what I believe was a satellite, and I have no doubt that what I saw was a natural phenomena.

Ive seen more Aliens this week in Washington D.C. than in my entire life in Texas. Everyone is a very Happy E.T here. Love this city,our nations captial . A must see City. The Air & space museum is a Rock of our Machine world. Lots of the best I know Mid must Love coming here ! So much Space hardware. :tu:

p.s. sa you can tell I took the lap top with me now Im still going to be an annouance .

I have to agree with the OP. The universe is just too vast and too old for us to be it, Also considering the earth sized/ Like planets that have been discovered this year alone makes me wonder . Mankind has only been around what? 54 million years while the universe is an estimated 13.5 billion years old , Probably older than that . So that's plenty of time for other sentient races to evolve out there . As far as the ancient astronaut theory goes I don't know. Some of the stuff they claim is out there but some of the sculptures and cave drawings make me wonder where people , Literally living in the Stone Age would come up with the concept of UFO's or aliens if they hadn't seen something strange in the sky .Scientists like to say that there's no way that aliens could get here just because of the vast distances required to travel. Again , That's going by our limited understanding of physics and science . Just because we can't do it doesn't mean that another race can't . We can't even send a manned mission past the moon yet and we're saying that there isn't other intelligent life out there ? Lol, That is just ignorant and arrogant to say the least.

• Like 1

I believe extraterrestrial vehicles are visiting us on a regular basis and are engaged in contact with elements of various governmental and private sector agencies in a number of countries.

It's my belief that this has been going on for a long period of time. My thoughts are that these ET's, in the past few decades, have become frustrated that their agenda has been constantly derailed by these agencies and that for this reason they have "stepped up" the frequency of visible sightings in populated areas in order to bring acceptance of their existance and contact to a more widespread audience.

I have had 2 visual sightings and one "paranormal" experience. My own personal experience combined with my own research spanning approximately 35 years has led me to regard the extraterrestrial hypothesis as a "slam dunk".

I regard reported sightings, video, photos, documentation, and witness testimony with a somewhat skeptical view until I am satisfied that it meets a "reasonable" degree of scrutiny before I accept it as legitimate, since there are many conmen writing books and creating videos simply to fleece the gullible and disillusioned public out of their hard earned money. This of course is a subjective evaluation on my part and many times what I would deem legitimate can be thoroughly flogged by the resident "professional" debunkers and disinformationists.

• Like 2

I have to agree with the OP. The universe is just too vast and too old for us to be it, Also considering the earth sized/ Like planets that have been discovered this year alone makes me wonder . Mankind has only been around what? 54 million years while the universe is an estimated 13.5 billion years old , Probably older than that . So that's plenty of time for other sentient races to evolve out there . As far as the ancient astronaut theory goes I don't know. Some of the stuff they claim is out there but some of the sculptures and cave drawings make me wonder where people , Literally living in the Stone Age would come up with the concept of UFO's or aliens if they hadn't seen something strange in the sky .Scientists like to say that there's no way that aliens could get here just because of the vast distances required to travel. Again , That's going by our limited understanding of physics and science . Just because we can't do it doesn't mean that another race can't . We can't even send a manned mission past the moon yet and we're saying that there isn't other intelligent life out there ? Lol, That is just ignorant and arrogant to say the least.

1 - Have you considered star evolution in your factoring of the age of the Universe, and how long it might take proto life to evolve?

2 - Can you tell us a bit more about our limited understanding oh physics. What are you basing your evaluation of us being limited of our understanding of physics on?

3 - The Cave drawings that I have seen depicting "Aliens" I find distressing. These paintings have significant cultural and spiritual records that tell us of our development. That some unscrupulous types rape these cultures to peddle their imagination I find saddening. It should be a crime in my opinion.

Edited by psyche101

I believe extraterrestrial vehicles are visiting us on a regular basis and are engaged in contact with elements of various governmental and private sector agencies in a number of countries.

Hi Synchronomy

You seem a very reasonable chap, Rather enjoyed your posts.

I cannot wrap my head around the Government thing. I am not sure of you have seen me pose this question before, but considering that the entire globe was against France when they insisted on nuclear testing and blew up that atoll for the fun of it, irreparably damaging great swathes of undersea life and structure, or the major protest against Vietnam and North Korea breaking the Nuclear test ban treaty and carrying out nuclear testing, how is a governmental collusion at all possible? Russia, China, The Middle East all have no affiliation with the US and are more than capable of detecting aliens visitors. The UN cannot even come to an agreement and get the Sea Shepard out of the water, so how is it at all possible that such a collusion is ging on with nobody saying anything?

And that is not even considering decisions like retrieving WMD's from the middle east. Which happen far too often for a body to be efficient enough to carry out the covert operations required to maintain the elevel of secrecy required to achieve the conspiracy theorised.

How does it work? I cannot figure it out for the life of me.

In addition to the above, I have seen contractors charge the Government $35.00 a pop for a $0.1c tek screw. At new parliament house one contractor charged $35,000.00 to move a chair. They got paid without question. How is it this is the organisation that pulls of this amazing feat?

Truly, it make zero sense to me in the real world.

Cheers.

Edited by psyche101

It's my belief that this has been going on for a long period of time. My thoughts are that these ET's, in the past few decades, have become frustrated that their agenda has been constantly derailed by these agencies and that for this reason they have "stepped up" the frequency of visible sightings in populated areas in order to bring acceptance of their existance and contact to a more widespread audience.

This of course is a subjective evaluation on my part and many times what I would deem legitimate can be thoroughly flogged by the resident "professional" debunkers and disinformationists.

That's exactly what I think too. At times the US government has come very close to admitting that such ET contacts have been taking place. Indeed, they would have been fools not to recognize that ETs were not here by the 1940s and 1950s, and whatever else they were these people were not fools.

• Like 1

Hi Synchronomy

You seem a very reasonable chap, Rather enjoyed your posts.

I cannot wrap my head around the Government thing. I am not sure of you have seen me pose this question before, but considering that the entire globe was against France when they insisted on nuclear testing and blew up that atoll for the fun of it, irreparably damaging great swathes of undersea life and structure, or the major protest against Vietnam and North Korea breaking the Nuclear test ban treaty and carrying out nuclear testing, how is a governmental collusion at all possible? Russia, China, The Middle East all have no affiliation with the US and are more than capable of detecting aliens visitors. The UN cannot even come to an agreement and get the Sea Shepard out of the water, so how is it at all possible that such a collusion is ging on with nobody saying anything?

And that is not even considering decisions like retrieving WMD's from the middle east. Which happen far too often for a body to be efficient enough to carry out the covert operations required to maintain the elevel of secrecy required to achieve the conspiracy theorised.

How does it work? I cannot figure it out for the life of me.

In addition to the above, I have seen contractors charge the Government $35.00 a pop for a $0.1c tek screw. At new parliament house one contractor charged $35,000.00 to move a chair. They got paid without question. How is it this is the organisation that pulls of this amazing feat?

Truly, it make zero sense to me in the real world.

Cheers.

I knew you wouldn't take long to appear in this thread...lol

I'm not labelling the secrecy in any way a conspiracy.

Personally, I adhere to (one of) the dictionary's definitions of a conspiracy, that being; "an evil, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious plan formulated in secret by two or more persons; plot."

I am not implying anything illegal is happening. Governments and others, are allowed to retain secrets if the material is deemed in the interest of national security or various other reasons. Just because a large portion of the population are interested or curious about the truth and they can't find out, doesn't mean (in my mind) that there is a sinister plot going on within governing bodies.

Secondly, I didn't mean to imply that there is collusion between governments taking place. There may be cooperation at various levels between the likes of Britain, USA, and Canada, for instance, but like you I can't picture an international level of cooperation taking place behind the scenes to this extent. My thoughts are that for the most part, programs of this nature would be handled independantly by nations, but with the usual (maybe more) level of espionage taking place. No doubt they would all have similar reasons motivating them to do so.

I think any governments with such a program in place, would be conducting it at very secure levels for a number of reasons, national security and the potential (in their minds) for public harm being two of them.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, I just have my beliefs. I don't but into the 911, Ancient Aliens, David Childress, Alex Jones type of philosophy. I try for the most part not to convince others of my views, I just enjoy some healthy debate which in the long run, hopefully, will bring out the truth.

I recognize that I may be completely wrong, so be it.

Certain members have done quite a job of having me re-examine my views on at least one important case, the Phoenix Lights (damn you all :passifier:)

I have no problem with conspiracy theories, having been part of many conspiracies myself over the years. We just didn't call them "conspiracies" but Standard Operating Procedure.

I always liked that quip by Gore Vidal who once said that "everything in this country is a goddamn conspiracy". Every time someone created an ad to sell cigarettes it was a conspiracy against the public interest, and there is a long list of those in history.

Chesterfield%20Reagon.jpg

Every time someone did a propaganda and PR campaign to convince the world that guys like Ngo Dinh Diem of South Vietnam were the greatest thing since George Washington, it was a goddamn conspiracy, so I have no problem believing in conspiracies at all. Hell, people get arrested for them every day of the week.

ike-and-diem.gif

Well i believe in aliens because i know they are out there... i don't think they are regular visitors, more like observers... plenty of sightings through out the history, which if even 1 case is real.. changes everything. I think we might had a visitor here and there just passing by taking a look at us human civilization...

And if someone says star travel is impossible he must a be very ignorant and irrational person... We have managed to send probes all over our solar system and beyond too... Curiosty rover took 3 months to reach Mars... which based on the vast distance is fairly short.. I could say that in 30 years we too will be all over solar system..

Hell there are even private corps. which are already planning to mine asteroids, put hotels in space

( yes 2 components are already in orbit for like 2 years now, even playboy is in with the project ) and making the space abit more accessible...

In my eyes we are a very primitive race... Now if a advanced civilization would take a visit to our planet, we probably wouldn't even know..

So the question isn't about IF more like WHEN? will our beliefs come to reality..

• Like 2

Another thing I realized long ago that all those German scientists like von Braun, Oberth, Heisenberg and the rest already knew about UFOs and ETs. I don't know how they knew but they did. They didn't even bat an eyelash whenever someone suggested that ETs were visiting earth because they already knew about it.

• Like 2

Another thing I realized long ago that all those German scientists like von Braun, Oberth, Heisenberg and the rest already knew about UFOs and ETs. I don't know how they knew but they did. They didn't even bat an eyelash whenever someone suggested that ETs were visiting earth because they already knew about it.

Wouldn't it be more accurate to say that you think they knew?

That's exactly what I think too. At times the US government has come very close to admitting that such ET contacts have been taking place. Indeed, they would have been fools not to recognize that ETs were not here by the 1940s and 1950s, and whatever else they were these people were not fools.

Maybe even further back if you count Aurora, TX 1897 or even further back with petroglyphs depicting what seem to be exactly what people are describing these days thousands of years later.

It's my belief that there are more than likely varying degrees of alien life out there. Some maybe more primitive than us, some maybe far more advanced than us and maybe even some on our level but the point is no one can say that they know for a fact that there is no alien life out there, not even microbes, when we've only explored a few planets in our own solar system. We haven't even gone to the other side of our own galaxy yet let alone to another galaxy.

No, they KNEW.

If that was all it took, we'd all know wouldn't we? Just make a declaration as though it is fact. Offer nothing to support it. Write it in ALL CAPS to emphasize it with authority.

I wish I could say that this is convincing, but it isn't. Having said that, I think I'm inclined to retain my original interpretation as being more accurate.

Thanks. :)

If that was all it took, we'd all know wouldn't we? Just make a declaration as though it is fact. Offer nothing to support it. Write it in ALL CAPS to emphasize it with authority.

I wish I could say that this is convincing, but it isn't. Having said that, I think I'm inclined to retain my original interpretation as being more accurate.

Thanks. :)

You'd say the exact same thing regardless of what I said, but you must by now that realize I do know about these things. So did they.

oberth.gif

Oberth headed the UFO investigation in West Germany for example, and stated in 1954:

"There is no doubt in my mind that these objects (UFO's) are interplanetary craft of some sort. I am confident that they do not originate in our solar system, but they may use Mars or some other body for a way station. It is also our conclusion that they are propelled by distorting or converting the gravitational field."

How did he know that? That's the more important question, Boon, since all of them knew that the ETs were here. You won't find one of those big-time German scientists who did not know it.

http://www.nationalu...article_440.php

Edited by TheMacGuffin

You'd say the exact same thing regardless of what I said, but you must by now that realize I do know about these things.

No, I don't realize yet that you 'know' about these things. You say that you do often enough, but declarations are insufficient.

And no, I wouldn't say the exact same thing regardless of what you said. I wouldn't have said anything at all if you had characterized it more accurately. Did you ever meet any of these men? Have any of these men provided anything substantial to conclude that they actually knew that some UFOs were extraterrestrial in origin? Not that I've seen. Not even in what you've quoted here in this post.

So did they.

oberth.gif

Oberth headed the UFO investigation in West Germany for example, and stated in 1954:

"There is no doubt in my mind that these objects (UFO's) are interplanetary craft of some sort. I am confident that they do not originate in our solar system, but they may use Mars or some other body for a way station. It is also our conclusion that they are propelled by distorting or converting the gravitational field."

How did he know that? That's the more important question, Boon, since all of them knew that the ETs were here. You won't find one of those big-time German scientists who did not know it.

http://www.nationalu...article_440.php

I'm going to assume that you read the entire article that you referenced. As such, you must have read this part:

There was a world-wide effort to learn how gravity could be put to use as a form of energy. He added that he expected men would be traveling to the moon in electrically driven devices within five to ten years." Because our galaxy is teeming with planets it should be home to countless extraterrestrial civilizations. That is unless, through some perverse twist in nature, intelligent life is an evolutionary dead-end. But let's be optimistic and assume that some fraction of far-flung worlds rise to the status of a hosting a super-civilization,"

Now you tell me. Does that suggest that he actually knows? Or does it rather suggest that he strongly and optimistically believes that it is likely? I say his statement suggests the latter conclusion.

In addition, the portion that you actually quoted is not as definitive as you'd like it to be. Saying that there is no doubt in his mind does not mean that he knows, it means that he believes it to be true with an extremely high level of confidence.

• Like 2

No, I don't realize yet that you 'know' about these things. You say that you do often enough, but declarations are insufficient.

And no, I wouldn't say the exact same thing regardless of what you said. I wouldn't have said anything at all if you had characterized it more accurately. Did you ever meet any of these men? Have any of these men provided anything substantial to conclude that they actually knew that some UFOs were extraterrestrial in origin? Not that I've seen. Not even in what you've quoted here in this post.

I'm going to assume that you read the entire article that you referenced. As such, you must have read this part:

In addition, the portion that you actually quoted is not as definitive as you'd like it to be. Saying that there is no doubt in his mind does not mean that he knows, it means that he believes it to be true with an extremely high level of confidence.

Boon, for whatever reason, you are one of the hardest of the hard core "skeptics", and nothing I have ever posted makes the slightest dent in that.

I don't know what would. You tell me.

Edited by TheMacGuffin