Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why do you believe in UFO's and aliens?

Bionic Bigfoot

I think we have to go back to when it first started, back in the 1940s and 1950s, since civilians were not the first to come up with the ET idea but rather it came from the military and then was selectively leaked to some civilians.

Why was that? It came from Jimmy Doolittle with his investigations of "foo fighters" and "ghost rockets", or from Wernher von Braun and the scientists at White Sands (among them Robert Sarbacher), who detected UFO interest in their V-2 rockets, and so on.

Yes German tech was included in interest in UFO sightings but some of the later recoveries were definitely not German or otherwise. Kenneth Arnold did not ever know for sure what he saw and they might be explained away, but other things that happened after could not. He ended up a believer like you after what he learned from the military.

Edited by White Unicorn

Yes German tech was included in interest in UFO sitings but some of the later recoveries were definitely not German or otherwise. Kenneth Arnold did not ever know for sure what he saw and they might be explained away, but other things that happened after could not. He ended up a believer like you after what he learned from the military.

I'm going to have to ask what you mean by that. Do you have any references for Kenneth Arnold's beliefs? (pssst... by the way, don't refer to McG as a 'believer' because he doesn't like that...)

Giorgio

I had this debunked for me many years ago from the "Chariots of the Gods" era.

My Mom was very well read on biblical references and art and explained the Sun, Moon, and angels imagery to me.

I never had a chance to believe the AA theory.

I remember being quite young and coming home from school and telling my Dad what I had learned that day, that America was never discovered earlier because sailors were scared to go to far because they would fall off the Earth.

He freaked out and called the school to educate them.

Dad new better as he was Chief Engineer for a major shipping line at the time and had been educated in the true history of global navigation.

Giorgio and his colleagues are a bunch of conmen.

His hair bugs me too.

I agree on the conmen part. Ancient Alien show makes the people who seriously contemplate the the theory very disturbed because of the many lies and how they are presenting it. "Ancient alien theorists believe" is as ridiculous as most of the so called research they've done!

• Like 1

I'm going to have to ask what you mean by that. Do you have any references for Kenneth Arnold's beliefs? (pssst... by the way, don't refer to McG as a 'believer' because he doesn't like that...)

He had relatives and as much as the military frowns on it some things are said to others when a subject comes up.

He had relatives and as much as the military frowns on it some things are said to others when a subject comes up.

Fair enough. I wouldn't be surprised if he came to ET conclusions from his sighting. It certainly was an incredible thing to see.

KennethArnold.gif

Rather similar to a revolutionary aircraft of the era if I may say so myself.

lrg0487.jpg

Could it have been? Impossible to say... but I'll be damned if there aren't some marked similarities... Damn impressive aircraft.

Cheers.

Where to find top secret nazi files from times of ww 2 about this?

Most of them would have been brought back to Washington after the war.

That's what you were for quite a while, but then you came back to UM for some reason.

Nothing like a warm welcome home, eh?

Is it too much to just appreciate someone else for their point of view and sense of humor? You just have to give them a dig of some kind don't you McG?

Fair enough. I wouldn't be surprised if he came to ET conclusions from his sighting. It certainly was an incredible thing to see.

Could it have been? Impossible to say... but I'll be damned if there aren't some marked similarities... Damn impressive aircraft.

Arnold told the Chicago Times in 1947 that he was

"not so certain that the strange contraptions are made on this planet. Arnold... said he hoped the devices were really the work of the U.S. Army. But he told the TIMES in a phone conversation: 'If our government knows anything about these devices, the people should be told at once. A lot of people out here are very much disturbed. Some think these things may be from another planet. But they aren’t harming anyone and I think it would be the wrong thing to shoot one of them down—even if can be done. Their high speed would completely wreck them…'

"Arnold, in pointing to the possibility of these discs being from another world, said, regardless of their origin, they apparently were traveling to some reachable destination. Whoever controlled them, he said, obviously wasn’t trying to hurt anyone. …He said discs were making turns so abruptly in rounding peaks that it would have been impossible for human pilots inside survived the pressure. So, he too thinks they are controlled from elsewhere, regardless of whether it’s from Mars, Venus, or our own planet."

He told Edward R. Murrow in 1950 that he had seen UFOs at least three times, and of course remained interested in them up to his death in 1984.

Edited by TheMacGuffin
  • Like 1

I've typed up a response that I'm not sure I should post. It's my actual impression after my many experiences with you McG, with nothing held back. It's blunt, to the point, and no holds barred. If you want me to post it, I will. I defer the decision to you out of respect, because even though the content of what I've typed up may not paint you in the most favorable light, I do still respect you greatly. I respect you enough to tell you straight up what I think, even if I'm confident that you won't like hearing what I have to say.

But only if you want me to. It is totally up to you.

Edited by booNyzarC

KennethArnold.gif

lrg0487.jpg

Cheers.

Like I said he never knew what he really saw in that flight, it might have been something else earthly.

He didn't really like the adverse publicity but he did like some of it since it brought him some advantages- like more connections with the military and other people who knew about ET contacts that happened later. When you discover several different pieces to the puzzle and put the evidence together, you can find the answer even if you weren't really looking to discover the pieces. If you were in that position and lived through the circus for revealing just a sighting, would you even consider disclosing later evidence especially when it was classified. The real things are very hard to come by unless you have a part in it somehow from the start, even then you usually only know certain pieces of the reality of the whole story. This is why sincere people who say they know something do not usually come forward.

• Like 1

I've typed up a response that I'm not sure I should post. It's my actual impression after my many experiences with you McG, with nothing held back. It's blunt, to the point, and no holds barred. If you want me to post it, I will. I defer the decision to you out of respect, because even though the content of what I've typed up may not paint you in the most favorable light, I do still respect you greatly. I respect you enough to tell you straight up what I think, even if I'm confident that you won't like hearing what I have to say.

But only if you want me to. It is totally up to you.

Truth be told, you have done that many times, and I really don't need to hear any more from you.

For some reason, though, you seem to wish to maintain this pretense that we are on friendly terms so why not just keep it that way? It certainly would make Saru, Sky Scanner and the rest of them happy wouldn't it?

Edited by TheMacGuffin

Truth be told, you have done that many times, and I really don't need to hear any more from you.

I've never truly laid it on the line before. Not like what I've typed out. But in deference to your implied desire, I'll refrain from posting it for now, out of respect.

For some reason, though, you seem to wish to maintain this pretense that we are on friendly terms so why not just keep it that way? It certainly would make Saru, Sky Scanner and the rest of them happy wouldn't it?

This pretense you speak of is genuinely felt on my end. I'd like to be able to label you as a friend, and it is unfortunate that you aren't able to put aside our differing opinions in order to accommodate that kind of relationship. I argue plenty with the love of my life and I disagree with her regularly, but she is still the love of my life. Respect doesn't require agreement, nor does it require kid gloves.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that I love you, but I most certainly respect you and your point of view. I disagree with you more often than not, and I think that you are quite bitter over the failures of your research into this elusive topic, but I still respect you highly and admire the vast amount of knowledge that you bring to the table; as insubstantial as it may be.

Cheers McG. Probably best that I don't actually post what I had typed up after all.

• Like 1

I've never truly laid it on the line before. Not like what I've typed out. But in deference to your implied desire, I'll refrain from posting it for now, out of respect.

I really don't want to hear it. Is that clear enough to you?

I really don't want to hear it. Is that clear enough to you?

Crystal.

Take care McGuffin. I'm heading to bed, hope you have a great night.

It's ok for people to disagree with one another on topics such as this and I'm learning to accept it more.

It's just when someone starts to become sarcastic & arrogant with another's post, one goes on the defensive.

Lessons to be learned (including me) be polite. I will say that this website is much more civilized then youtube.

It's no holds barred there. :wacko:

• Like 1

KennethArnold.gif

lrg0487.jpg

Cheers.

The question is, though, there was only one prototype that was sent to the U.S., and it seems far from certain whether it was in fact actually flown, or whether it was just inspected and Northrop used it as a basis for their flying wing designs. Arnold reported seeing nine Unusual objects, don't forget. I find the idea of a formation team of experimental aircraft slightly unlikely. And if it was the Northrops, would they have gone all the way to Mount Rainier, which is a tidy way from their base in California? And, as a further qation to that, why was it never seen in the USAF inventory, if it seemed to be flying quite well when they were evaluating it in '47? That's always the problem with the 'experimental aircraft' theory; they never seem to lead to anything, despite the apparent fact that they seemed to work well enough. Apart from well known prototypes like the Northrop flying wings, these kind of designs have never really got anywhere. If all the prototypes and experimental designs that have been tried out by the US Forces (and every other nation, including Russia now) have been documented in very many magazines, boooks and websites etc, why has there never been any sign of anything like this beyond the Northrop prototypes? Unless one does believe that there's been a whole secret Air Force that's managed to be kept totally secret for 60 years or more. And I really don't think that is possible.

Edited by 747400

The question is, though, there was only one prototype that was sent to the U.S., and it seems far from certain whether it was in fact actually flown, or whether it was just inspected and Northrop used it as a basis for their flying wing designs. Arnold reported seeing nine Unusual objects, don't forget. I find the idea of a formation team of experimental aircraft slightly unlikely. And if it was the Northrops, would they have gone all the way to Mount Rainier, which is a tidy way from their base in California? And, as a further qation to that, why was it never seen in the USAF inventory, if it seemed to be flying quite well when they were evaluating it in '47? That's always the problem with the 'experimental aircraft' theory; they never seem to lead to anything, despite the apparent fact that they seemed to work well enough. Apart from well known prototypes like the Northrop flying wings, these kind of designs have never really got anywhere. If all the prototypes and experimental designs that have been tried out by the US Forces (and every other nation, including Russia now) have been documented in very many magazines, boooks and websites etc, why has there never been any sign of anything like this beyond the Northrop prototypes? Unless one does believe that there's been a whole secret Air Force that's managed to be kept totally secret for 60 years or more. And I really don't think that is possible.

I agree with you and. You'd also think they should have those prototypes in a museum such as Dayton. I think a lot of experimental designs were modeled after the reported UFOs no matter what their real origination happened to be.

Edited by White Unicorn

Dr. Arthur Rudolf was another Nazi scientist who seems to have been one of these Project Paperclip types with a lot of knowledge about UFOs.

Arthur_Rudolph_wiki_NASA_PD-300x281.jpg

arthurrudolph2.jpg

Many of his fellow Germans like von Braun feared and disliked him because he was not only an SS officer but also a colonel in the Gestapo, known to string up slave laborers with his own hands.

He was also involved with the activities at Groom Lake and Area 51 but eventually got deported back to Germany because of his war crimes record.

Edited by TheMacGuffin

Yes 747, all good points. Just as good now as when we last discussed the similarities between the Horten Wing and Arnold's sighting.

Hopefully you noticed that I didn't say that Arnold definitely saw some Ho-229s and I merely pointed out the striking similarities. Perhaps a more likely aircraft is the YB-35? The initial YB-35 flight did take place a full year before Arnold's sighting after all. Here's a picture of 9 of them all lined up... though I don't know when exactly this photo was taken...

YB49-9_300.jpg

Coincidence that Arnold saw 9 as well? Yeah, probably eh? But then again, who really knows for sure?

Like I said I don't know one way or the other, but these were all some very impressive aircraft. :tu:

Of course another way that one might look at this is that perhaps the Horten brothers saw the same kind of UFO that Arnold did and it served as some kind of inspiration for their design? Likewise with Northrop perhaps?

All very interesting speculations for sure.

Cheers 747 :)