Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do you have nightmares?

Bling

Any nightmare I've had recently has been over the basic fears of anyone. Simply someone close to you dieing in a dream. They are very few and I rarely ever have them but when I do that is what they are about.

Almost everynight, though within the nightmare there is no great fear. The fear comes when I wake and I realise what horrors I have dreamt. I still have the night terrors, sleep parallysis, once every few months. Always the same. You dream about lying in bed and knowing some horror is coming up the stairs. Door opens and there is feeling of terrible dread as the monster glides into the room and hovers over you. Then you realise you cannot move and there is a cold sweat. You think you are going to die, you cannot tell if you are awake or dreaming, then the spell is broken. For those who never had this, then be thankful as it is truly terrible...

please note I don't really "like" it, just clicking like cuz, you know.... being appreciative to your grieve etc.... Sorry you have to go through that... :(

• Like 2

I get some pretty wicked nightmares on occasion. They started a few years ago, and have become less frequent (they used to happen as often as once a week, now they happen closer to once every couple months or so). I'm not sure what causes them, but they've ranged from being chased by a murderer/rapist to a ghoulish woman hurting a newborn kitten to a hillbilly sasquatch kidnapping me. The one that has occurred more than once, though, isn't so much scary as just annoying and messed up: all of my teeth fall out, but I can't spit them out of my mouth, so I just have a mouthful of teeth. I'll wake up and be relieved that it's over...and then my teeth start falling out again. This cycle will repeat a few times, and "waking up" always seems so real that when I actually do wake up I can't always tell if I'm really awake or still dreaming. I usually have to touch my teeth to know for sure..... :blush:

Thats gotta suck!!! I heard that loosing your teeth in a dream has to do with feeling you don't have control over something.. or problems with finance. Not scientific, just something I've heard.

I haven't had nightmares for many years. I used to have them with some frequency. Not sure why they've stopped, exactly.

• Like 1

Every once in a great while I'll have a nightmare. Almost like PTSD except it only comes through as a nightmare every once in a great while. Always the same event and it pretty much comes back after I think about it or when her birthday comes around. The less I beat myself up about it the less it happens.

I have nightmares quite often, even though I'm a regular lucid dreamer.

please note I don't really "like" it, just clicking like cuz, you know.... being appreciative to your grieve etc.... Sorry you have to go through that... :(

Okay, pity there is no dislike button, or "I feel your pain" button :)

• Like 1