Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

the autosave feature

sickpuppy

..tell us, what is exactly going on here?

how does it work in my favour - how would *i* retrieve the auto-saved text? assuming my browser crashed, or whatever, or i had some reason to retrieve the auto-saved text.

where is this stored?

is it ever deleted?

are you obligated to supply the data to the authorities if requested?

when i reformulate a response, and delete a paragraph and restructure it... rah rah rah... are you saving the auto-saves in new dumps or directly over the old one? what i'm asking is, do you keep a record of *everything* i've typed.. like a keylogger?

if the system is so interested in the things i say, it knows where to find me.. i take 2 sugars and milk in my Tea, buy me one and i'll just tell you whatever it is you want to know... it's your world, not mine.. what exactly do you want from all this?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sickpuppy

• Saru

• Ashotep

• Kazoo

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to figure out where its saved. I assumed I was just too stupid to find it.

either the thing is cleverly tucked away -or- the info has not been readily made available to us...

..these things speak for themselves, unfortunately.

I was assuming if the electric flashed I wouldn't lose everything I just typed but I have no idea where it is saved at outside of the reply window.

how does it work in my favour - how would *i* retrieve the auto-saved text? assuming my browser crashed, or whatever, or i had some reason to retrieve the auto-saved text.

As far as I'm aware you need to refresh the page for the auto-saved data to appear, it's a feature of Ckeditor designed to stop people accidentally losing their post content in the event that they crash, close the browser window, move off the page etc.

where is this stored?

In a temporary cache table.

is it ever deleted?

It's automatically deleted, usually within a matter of minutes.

are you obligated to supply the data to the authorities if requested?

There is no persistent storage of auto-save data to supply to anyone.

when i reformulate a response, and delete a paragraph and restructure it... rah rah rah... are you saving the auto-saves in new dumps or directly over the old one? what i'm asking is, do you keep a record of *everything* i've typed.. like a keylogger?

It stores what is in the editor window every two minutes so that you don't lose it, it is not capable of logging your keystrokes.

if the system is so interested in the things i say, it knows where to find me.. i take 2 sugars and milk in my Tea, buy me one and i'll just tell you whatever it is you want to know... it's your world, not mine.. what exactly do you want from all this?

What does who want from what ? Invision Board is not Skynet, it isn't 'interested' in anything you write.

The autosave is a system to stop people accidentally losing their post before submitting it - that's all it does, nothing more.