Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are we the earliest intelligent species ?

Saru

Remember this. How Mature!

Is that what upset you! That was not even in this thread! I do not remember where I posted that, but I am sure you deserved it! :w00t:

Yes, pretty immature, but that was supposed to be a hint for you........ ;) The comment was a bit tongue in cheek. If I was cranky, I'd be wordy.

Looks Good On Paper. If it can be accomplished that would be great.

We need to fix what we broke. Efforts are being made but it's not enough.

More needs to be done. And it not just a few that trashes the planet for everybody.

How do you think the Garbage Patch formed. Not to mention litter you see on land in ditches

or on city streets. But I personally take paper and plastic bottles to a

recycle dumpster so it can be recycled. Less waist is going to the landfill.

I too grew up in a rural area. All my life I would see land owners clear woodlands to make

room for growing crops. And farmers would spray Anhydrous Ammonia to fertilize crops.

That gets in the soil and into the water table. Yes there are some efforts being made like

some farmers fertilize their crops the old fashion way by using the Honey Wagon.

Still though it's not enough.

I know I sound negative to you but I'm just telling it how it is,

People prefer to hear a sugar coated lie over a harse truth.

That's why politicians lie. They know that's what people want to hear.

If a politician was honest and said, if elected he/she would raise taxes

to reduce the deficit, then they wouldn't get elected.

That is not all that negative, we do some damage, I admit, what I try to get across to people is that we screw up. Humans are not inherently evil daemons out to destroy the universe. That was the pont with the Island Yes, we stuffed up, and now we are going ohhh crap, we better fix that!

Evil would not do that. People are people. Most of them a pretty OK. The emo view of evil humans is unfounded and a bit childish I think.

Of course Pollies lie. Half of them would be out of a job otherwise! ;)

There is no way we are the first. I think it is more likely that we are here because of an alien race. Look at all the cave painting that have been found that look like UFO's or aliens.

I feel rather strongly about those cave painting interpretations.

I am outright disgusted in UFOlogists reinterpreting historical record to satisfy personal fantasy. Those cave paintings are the property of everyone, not UFOlogy, and UFOlogists do not have the right to rewrite historical record with some little green men in it. Many records that accompany such paintings are only kept orally, and the few that hold these records are disappearing. What needs to happen is a genuine group should be out there preserving what is left. Not some jerk rewriting it to sell a book.

I would like to see such "vandalisation" of historical sites made a crime, and punishable by law. If one cannot 100% prove the ET version of historical record, they should be charged with repairing the damage, they, and those that have gone before them have already done.

The people that rape history like this ought to be tarred and feathered. It is nothing short of disgusting in my opinion.

• Like 4

I feel rather strongly about those cave painting interpretations.

I am outright disgusted in UFOlogists reinterpreting historical record to satisfy personal fantasy. Those cave paintings are the property of everyone, not UFOlogy, and UFOlogists do not have the right to rewrite historical record with some little green men in it. Many records that accompany such paintings are only kept orally, and the few that hold these records are disappearing. What needs to happen is a genuine group should be out there preserving what is left. Not some jerk rewriting it to sell a book.

I would like to see such "vandalisation" of historical sites made a crime, and punishable by law. If one cannot 100% prove the ET version of historical record, they should be charged with repairing the damage, they, and those that have gone before them have already done.

The people that rape history like this ought to be tarred and feathered. It is nothing short of disgusting in my opinion.

I have too agree on the cave paintings psyche 101 ! I wonder in thirty thousand years what intelligent beings will think of our C/D disc ? or Jumbo tron`s Screens? Only time will tell. And Only what ever is around at said time will record the way they Look at what they See ! Maybe It will be by spitting onto a cliff side in upper N.Y ?

I have too agree on the cave paintings psyche 101 ! I wonder in thirty thousand years what intelligent beings will think of our C/D disc ? or Jumbo tron`s Screens? Only time will tell. And Only what ever is around at said time will record the way they Look at what they See ! Maybe It will be by spitting onto a cliff side in upper N.Y ?

HI D

Good call mate, someone will no doubt believe we had a shrink ray.

My niece spent quite some time gathering oral Australian Indigenous history, but Google stole some of it. The Uni took them to court, but had no luck against a giant like Google. They lost what was stolen, and Google can no longer steal their work for public domain.

Not too much respect for history these days, but I feel we will regret that when it is gone, or replaced with peoples imaginations. It's a crime, no two ways about it.

Cheers.

Could humans be one of the earliest or even the first intelligent species to evolve in the universe ?

Humans aren't a species. Our species is homo sapiens sapiens, just one of many human species which has existed on this planet.

Could humans be one of the earliest or even the first intelligent species to evolve in the universe ?

Humans aren't a species. Our species is homo sapiens sapiens, just one of many human species which has existed on this planet.

DONTEATUS, on 31 October 2012 - 10:06 PM, said:

this is the world's oldest known cave art, done in Spain about 40,000 years ago.

In fact, it may have been done by a different species of human - the Neanderthals.

Hand-stencils-at-the-El-C-010.jpg

Meh, semantics. We are the only existing species of homo sapien, tomAYto tomAHto. Regardless, our 'human heritage' was certainly one of the first to give rise to higher intelligence on Earth. Poorly worded or not it is still a valid question. :tu:

Edited by Slave2Fate
  • Like 1

I do envy you, that must have been nothing less than fascinating. I would like to have more faith in the UN, but they do seem to be very much the toothless tiger. I think it will be more how you suggest, and that local cimmunities will have to band together to make other aware of such distasteful practises.

After seeing things like that it made me think we really underestimate the people over there and what they are capable of with what they have. I'd agree with you on the UN as well. The countries are also realising the value of their plants and animals to them as well, such as a rare turtle I believe in Vietnam? Or Cambodia? I read this somewhere and can't quite remember the details but there are a handful of these left and they are now doing what they can to keep them alive.

Ahh, long way north, but worth the trip. The Watermelon Festival is a must!

It took me a while to appreciate the local flora as well, I always liked the fauna being so individual, but I have planted many Banksia, Calistimon and Proteas over the last 2 years. I rather appreciate the flowers. I have a couple of lovely gums too that are lemon scented.

Oh I'll definitely have to drop around sometime. Great array of plants you have there, I'm really liking our Wattles at the moment. Lemon scented gums? Mm what strain are these may I ask?

I agree , the seed collection in Switzerland is a great idea, I think we should do something like that with species DNA. A modern ark in a shoebox sort of thing.

I'm with you 100% on that. The seed collection initiative was an amazing idea.

Thanks for being such a gentleman.

I agree, I have been enjoying UM for some time now, and have picked up a great deal and met some top notch people.

Thanks mate, was great we ended up on such a level in the end. It is quite an honour to be a part of this community when you think about it, huge array of different types of people with some great input and dedicated to constructive discussion. Quite a rare thing I'd say.

That is a great idea. I suspect such a graph would have a positive result, and that would be the sort of marketing the industry needs.

I did have a look at the solar farm, thank you for the suggestion. I see the goal is to reach 40MW, That is fantastic. I do hope it is received well and sets a precedent. We have the right conditions to be sure.

I am currently with AGL, which provide 115MW I believe of renewable energy and is Australia's biggest provider of renewable energy so this is quite substantial indeed. I would definitely agree with you. If the maintenance costs and such drop and we reap the benefits I hope we start seeing a lot more of these massive solar panel farms pop up.

I do believe the indigenous Australians have a similar respect for the land. I think it comes when settlers do themselves in. Each case of enlightenment seems to follow a major extinction event. What I find positive though, is that we do seem to be learning from the process, albeit slowly.

Yes that is very true. We went from massive industrialisation to coming back into balance with the environment and that is quite evident.

Indeed, but I think one needs to lose something to miss it. I think man has learned that lesson, and that is why I consider us the only species ever to feel remorse for environmental damage. And even then, we only recognise the damage because of intelligence. Most species I think would just eat themselves out of a home.

That is true, as a result of that intelligence, empathy is brought out. I'd also imagine the same for other species too.

Really quite a possible speculation. Animals have different needs, and well could see processes that are not apparent to us.

I suppose some animals appear to portray guilt, but I do not know if that has been qualified, but I do not know of an animal that will continue to show remorse. Like looking sad when passing grave or something. It is an interesting thought actually, I wonder when an instinct becomes an emotion?

I remember one of my cats looking into the grave of another who was killed by a car. Walked up to the edge, gripped the sides and stared and sat there for a while. Was quite sad. Would you believe there wasnt a single car on the road, great visibility and everything, just a result of carelessness and speeding. They were half brothers. Even despite the one looking in used to bully the other one, he has been a different cat since the other passed. Almost looked lonely the passing months.

Indeed, everything we use it made to fit into our current way of life, I wonder of we rethink that convenience if some answer might become clearer. You have given me food for thought there.

I'd think we would need a complete rehash of how we currently live. Right now we are phasing into that. The petrol is running out, it's price is increasing and alternatives are taking the reigns.

I am very pleased, and thank you for being such a gentlemen. I accept full responsibility for the previous misunderstanding.

You have been quite the gentleman yourself and I greatly appreciate your responses.

231794712042088701_3jnXjJar_b.jpg

Hahaha that's a good one

Well everyone have a good spit on the wall and see you all,ANd thanks for all the Fish ! :clap:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

When will you stupid scientologists stop pushing evolution atheist and cult nonsense? Shut up already and accept reality. God damn, grow up. "Dur I hate God some I'm gonna believe in evolution and big bangs and not admit the Bible is true duuuur." Shut up, what immaturity.

http://eternian.wordpress.com/evidence

If man were to die out tomorrow 65 million yrs from now would we be concidered primates because the new guys didn`t understand our backward ways so to speak. i think we are the first on this planet but again in 100 yrs nobody will know what Detroit Michigan was all about.