Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Still Waters

Visitors swim with baby tigers at Florida zoo

7 posts in this topic

A private zoo in Florida is charging visitors $200 to spend a half hour swimming and playing with baby tigers.

Dade City’s Wild Things, which is located outside of Tampa, Florida, advertises its new money-making attraction as ‘an amazing encounter’ that includes ‘playing in the grass, bottle time and swim time,’ according to its website.

The zoo charges an additional $10 for anyone that wants watch the encounter. The price includes a CD with photos and videos of the experience ‘including action shots and posed shots in the water with your cub,’ according to the website.

Animal rights activists condemn the zoo’s practice of charging visitors for access to the animals, calling it abusive and dangerous to the animals’ health.

http://www.dailymail...-half-hour.html

3 people like this

A private zoo in Florida is charging visitors $200 to spend a half hour swimming and playing with baby tigers.

Dade City’s Wild Things, which is located outside of Tampa, Florida, advertises its new money-making attraction as ‘an amazing encounter’ that includes ‘playing in the grass, bottle time and swim time,’ according to its website.

The zoo charges an additional $10 for anyone that wants watch the encounter. The price includes a CD with photos and videos of the experience ‘including action shots and posed shots in the water with your cub,’ according to the website.

Animal rights activists condemn the zoo’s practice of charging visitors for access to the animals, calling it abusive and dangerous to the animals’ health.

http://www.dailymail...-half-hour.html

I would say this is harmful to both human and Tigers....I thought zoos were supposed to support animals natural behavior as much as possible?

And charging for this is disgusting, they obviously are only doing it to make a quick buck!!!

We used to visit a rescue sanctuary where you could have a photo with 2 domesticated wolves, I was a bit wary but they seem just like big dogs.... they were rescued from abroad where they were keeping them as pets from tiny pups :-( The sanctuary rescues old and unwanted animals and uses the money to pay for their care. Which I fully support x

3 people like this

I have mixed feelings about this kind of thing.

I passed this on to some animal rights buddies and they where shocked. You could see the baby tiger shriving in the water and trying to get out and they put it back in. I think the tiger poop is going hit the fan.

2 people like this

This is out and out cruelty. Surely it's not good for the cubs to forced to swim in a chlorine filled swimming pool? Sure some tigers like water, but in there natural habitat.

2 people like this

Totally agree...this shouldn't be done!!!

2 people like this

ooooh and the best bit is the quote at the end!!!

The zoo also offers swimming lessons with alligators whose mouths are taped shut

1 person likes this