Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Our Complete and Utter Failure in Libya

Merc14

We lost an ambassador and three other Americans in Benghazi and for 8 days the Obama administration denied it was a terrorist attack. They blamed it on a video that, literally, no one had ever seen. By flaunting this fictional evil video for 8 days they incited riots in 20 other Muslim countries. All this to cover up for the fact that Obama was preaching Al Qaeda was destroyed on his watch when in fact his ham-fisted policy of oblterating the leaders from drones, rather than capturing the b******* and interrogating them, had led to a resurgence of Al Qaeda hroughout he midde east and N. Africa.

This chicanery culminated in a coordinated September 11th attack on our embassy in Libya which resulted in the torture and murder of our Ambassador and three others. Even the press is p***ed off on this one since, as usual, they echoed the administration's myth that it was about a video on youtube. The press has finally been humiliated enough to actually start asking hard questions of these criminals

That is ABC! ABC!! All But Communist network questioning the regime?! They'll get back on the plantation, no doubt, but finally the zealots are doing their job, even if it is just for a day or two. They are doing their job because they have been as humiliated and abused as the wife of a serial adulterer. Oh yeah, that would describe our Secretary of State. Sorry!!

This is big and the MSM can't back off it even if they want to so close to the election. They can't protect Hillary and Barry as there are too many other outlets pushing this story of corruption, hubris and ignorance.

Just a lead in to the next month. Hillary is done politically so find someone else for 2016 dems.

[media=]

More to come.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

On one hand, I agree with you. Not expecting "something" on 9-11 was pretty bold. Then trying to sweep it into the "p***ed off at a movie" crowd was even worse. It was evident pretty early to me that it was not the same thing that happened in Cairo. Much to coordinated, too much firepower for an "angry mob".

That being said, Libya was not "our failure" (unless you just mean the attack on the embassy). We were part of a NATO mission, we did not initiate the offensive. We just sat back and fired 60 tomahawks a day into Libya at a cool $800,000 to 1,000,000 each. Nice, eh?

On one hand, I agree with you. Not expecting "something" on 9-11 was pretty bold. Then trying to sweep it into the "p***ed off at a movie" crowd was even worse. It was evident pretty early to me that it was not the same thing that happened in Cairo. Much to coordinated, too much firepower for an "angry mob".

That being said, Libya was not "our failure" (unless you just mean the attack on the embassy). We were part of a NATO mission, we did not initiate the offensive. We just sat back and fired 60 tomahawks a day into Libya at a cool $800,000 to 1,000,000 each. Nice, eh?

I hate to think of the US as just "part of a NATO mission", I have been involved in those missions and the US is pretty much NATO so... Not to say you are wrong, I have heard that Obama bows to NATO pressure re. leadership.

That said, I am far more upset at States refusal to scale up the security in a nightmare country for who knows what reason and then the absolutely absurd coverup following the murder of our ambassador! We didn't even send an investigative team there for ten day! CNN picked up the Ambassador's notes off the floor!

Edited by Merc14

I hate to think of the US as just "part of a NATO mission", I have been involved in those missions and the US is pretty much NATO so... Not to say you are wrong, I have heard that Obama bows to NATO pressure re. leadership.

That said, I am far more upset at States refusal to scale up the security in a nightmare country for who knows what reason and then the absolutely absurd coverup following the murder of our ambassador! We didn't even send an investigative team there for ten day! CNN picked up the Ambassador's notes off the floor!

I think SecState should resign along with Susan Rice. I'll not be holding my breath, however.
  • Like 1

I think the "Revolutions" in Libya and Syria are U.S./nato sponsored coups to rearrange those governments

into configurations more compliant to western interests. In other words... its mostly about the oil AGAIN!

There was an interim government in waiting in the wings in Libya before Omar was killed.

... what better way to gain public support in the U.S. than by the death of the U.S. ambassador ?

I think the "Revolutions" in Libya and Syria are U.S./nato sponsored coups to rearrange those governments

into configurations more compliant to western interests. In other words... its mostly about the oil AGAIN!

There was an interim government in waiting in the wings in Libya before Omar was killed.

... what better way to gain public support in the U.S. than by the death of the U.S. ambassador ?

There is no doubt that Libya was about oil. France and Spain are especially dependent on Libyan oil and NATOs intervention was to stabilize the oil situation. Syria isn't a major oil producing nation I don't think but are in that area so...

• Like 1

All this to cover up for the fact that Obama was preaching Al Qaeda was destroyed on his watch

Are you sure that's a fact?

Evidence, please.

Are you sure that's a fact?

Evidence, please.

Touching a sore nerve here Tiggs? Why do you think he pushed the stupid YouTube video for so long? You rbest gues as no one has evidence or knows why they lied so long but the central characters.

Do you think that Clinton's and Obama's neverending litany on that anti-prophet movie provoked the violence in so many other countries in the days after the attack? I certainly do.

Unfortunately, the 'outrage' at the security failure, only goes as far words. This is a political ploy.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/politics/55052787-90/administration-campaign-chaffetz-committee.html.csp

Here we have Utah Rep. Chaffetz claiming

"Chaffetz appeared on several networks and in news stories, charging that the Obama administration had turned down requests for enhanced safety measures at the Benghazi U.S. consulate, where Stevens and a small security detail were killed in a mortar attack."

Then the same man has the gall to make this statement.

Later in the interview, CNN Anchor Soledad O’Brien asks, “Is it true that you voted to cut the funding for embassy security?”

Chaffetz answers, “Absolutely. Look we have to make priorities and choices in this country. We have… 15,0000 contractors in Iraq. We have more than 6,000 contractors, a private army there, for President Obama, in Baghdad. And we’re talking about can we get two dozen or so people into Libya to help protect our forces. When you’re in touch economic times, you have to make difficult choices. You have to prioritize things.”

Actions speak louder than words. The Republicans in this case want it both ways. Vote to cut funding, then act outraged that the security wasn't there.

What is the real goal? This is all politically motivated.

http://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/10/rep-chaffetz-says-he-absolutely-cut-funding-for-embassy-security/

This chicanery culminated in a coordinated September 11th attack on our embassy in Libya

The installation in Benghazi has been variously described as an embassy, a consulate, and a stationhouse. Which is it? As information continues to seep out about this, it's looking more like an attack on a CIA base of operations:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/dana-milbank-letting-us-in-on-a-secret/2012/10/10/ba3136ca-132b-11e2-ba83-a7a396e6b2a7_story.html

If true, expect this story to start losing traction.

Touching a sore nerve here Tiggs?

Hardly.

I'm asking you to establish that Obama "was preaching Al Qaeda was destroyed on his watch", as you've claimed that it's the key motive and also that it's factual.

I'm not aware of him ever saying that. Which is why I'd like to see it, in order to evaluate how likely your OP is.

People in other countries protesting and rising up against violent dictators? Unthinkable! It must be an evil Western plot to get something that they were already getting in the first place. :rolleyes:

Anyway on topic there was a security breakdown and it should be looked into. If it's found that someone screwed up they should be punished. But complete and utter failure? I think personal politics is coming into play here.

• Like 1

Hardly.

I'm asking you to establish that Obama "was preaching Al Qaeda was destroyed on his watch", as you've claimed that it's the key motive and also that it's factual.

I'm not aware of him ever saying that. Which is why I'd like to see it, in order to evaluate how likely your OP is.

Onama declares AL Qaeda on its heels just weeks after they attacked us in force, in Benghazi. I beg to differ Barry, they are alive and well.

http://www.weeklysta...cks_654000.html

In my lexicon on its heels means beaten and done, we are mopping up.

Edited by Merc14

In my lexicon on its heels means beaten and done, we are mopping up.

In everyone else's - it means in retreat.

In everyone else's - it means in retreat.

I'll yield the point so other than semantics, do you have any opinion about this debacle?

My opinion is that it's the typical Republican witch hunt.

My opinion is that it's the typical Republican witch hunt.

Really? So the hearing is simply a witch hunt? Congress shouldn't be investigating the murder of an Ambassador that the administration tried to blame on anything other than a planned terrorist act? They shouldn't find out why there was inadequate security after both State and DoD were warned by people on the ground that the situation was volatile and dangerous? I think that very few would agree with you but hey, you just let us all know what kind of character you have. :no:

• Like 2

Really? So the hearing is simply a witch hunt?

It's a theatrical display by a Republican-led House in order to implicate a Democratic President.

Or let me put it another way - did you even read your OP?

The FBI, who are doing the actual on-the-ground investigation, can't even get into the area due to safety concerns. That's how much chance Congress have got of actually learning whether this was an organised terrorist attack or one led by a more spontaneous mob.

I think that very few would agree with you but hey, you just let us all know what kind of character you have. :no:

If your most compelling argument is to besmirch my character - then you're probably going to need a new argument.

It's a theatrical display by a Republican-led House in order to implicate a Democratic President.

Or let me put it another way - did you even read your OP?

The FBI, who are doing the actual on-the-ground investigation, can't even get into the area due to safety concerns. That's how much chance Congress have got of actually learning whether this was an organised terrorist attack or one led by a more spontaneous mob.

Yeah, and CNN strolled through a few days after the event and picked up the ambassador's journal. Please, don't tell me it was that dangerous because that is utter BS. Regardless, we all know what happened on the ground, what we want to know is how it happened and those decisions were made in Washington DC.

If your most compelling argument is to besmirch my character - then you're probably going to need a new argument.

Did I besmirch your character? Where? I simply stated that we all have a better idea of what your character is now. If you feel you were besmirched it is a you thing, it is you projecting.

Hey Tiggs, guess what, Stephanie Cutter agrees with you! LMAO. I especially like the Mother Jones guy saying, basically, WTF?

[media=]

[/media] Edited by Merc14

Yeah, and CNN strolled through a few days after the event and picked up the ambassador's journal. Please, don't tell me it was that dangerous because that is utter BS.

And yet - the FBI. Still not there.

Did I besmirch your character? Where? I simply stated that we all have a better idea of what your character is now. If you feel you were besmirched it is a you thing, it is you projecting.

So that was a positive emoticon you finished your sentence with, was it?

Edited by Tiggs

Hey Tiggs, guess what, Stephanie Cutter agrees with you!

She's not the only one.

“I have grave concerns about the way [Wednesday’s] hearing devolved into a disorganized, partisan, and absurd spectacle when it should have been a serious and responsible investigation of the attack in Benghazi that killed Ambassador Stevens and three other Americans” - Maryland Rep. Elijah Cummings.

And yet - the FBI. Still not there.

Ask Eric Holder about that, not me. Once again, I am not sure what groundbreaking evidence a forensic exploration will find but you keep on pushing that. The real failure is right here in DC. People died because of decisions in DC but it is a witch hunt because the FBI isn't in Benghazi.

So that was a positive emoticon you finished your sentence with, was it?

I was a bit sad that an obviously intelligent person would attack an investigation of this catastrophe as a witch hunt instead of saying something stinks here and we need to find out what really happened. That was about me, though, as I expected more and was let down. Live and learn.

• Like 1

Ask Eric Holder about that, not me. Once again, I am not sure what groundbreaking evidence a forensic exploration will find but you keep on pushing that. The real failure is right here in DC. People died because of decisions in DC but it is a witch hunt because the FBI isn't in Benghazi.

Well, God forbid that evidence should be gathered.

It's a witch hunt because the entire Conservative echo chamber is using it to run around screaming their hearts out that Obama covered stuff up. That's why it's a witch hunt.

Again. Go re-read your OP.

In terms of the actual investigation - you're supporting a congressional investigation that's so ridiculously partisan that it's literally withholding information from the Democrats in congress. Literally.

I was a bit sad that an obviously intelligent person would attack an investigation of this catastrophe as a witch hunt instead of saying something stinks here and we need to find out what really happened.

It would be nice if we could have one of those, instead of the pre-election partisan pantomime farce that this has already degenerated into.

That was about me, though, as I expected more and was let down. Live and learn.

Whereas, I totally expected you to continue with your line of attacks against my character.

Edited by Tiggs