Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A code found in equations for superstring.

Lightingbird

I'm trying to understand what I have just learned. So some sort of browser based code or binary was discovered in equations for super-string theory. I have a few questions since I am very confused.

If code was created by Claude Shannon in the 1940's, then how could it be in this code? Does this mean that maybe this person just discovered the existing code instead of create it? Can this be tested or is it all just theoretical?

Finally, if these class of block linear self dual error self correcting codes exist and later string theory is found real, what does this mean for the whole picture? Could reality be some sort of virtual reality or maybe something else?

Maybe some of these cant be answered but I'd like some insight and opinions either way.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StarMountainKid

• Lightingbird

• OverSword

• JGirl

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps a natural-occurring universe and one that is programmed by a computer would amount to the same thing. or there would be very little difference between them in the way they function. If there is only one way to manifest a universe such as ours, what would be the difference between the two?

If there are computer-like codes imbedded in the equations that describe the behavior of the fundamental particles and forces, they may be essential to a naturally-occurring universe, as well. If all elementary particles and fields are quantized, they would function as computer bits, even though they occur naturally.

On the other hand, maybe we are on the verge of discovering a brand name or copyright notice in some future equation.

Here is the study:

Relating Doubly-Even Error-Correcting Codes, Graphs, and Irreducible Representations of N-Extended Supersymmetry

Previous work has shown that the classification of indecomposable off-shell representations of N-supersymmetry, depicted as Adinkras, may be factored into specifying the topologies available to Adinkras, and then the height-assignments for each topological type. The latter problem being solved by a recursive mechanism that generates all height-assignments within a topology, it remains to classify the former. Herein we show that this problem is equivalent to classifying certain (1) graphs and (2) error-correcting codes.

http://arxiv.org/pdf/0806.0051v1.pdf

It is a self-correcting code.

It is a self-correcting code.

When I look at all the weird rules that elementary particles follow, a naturally-occurring self-correcting code does not seem an impossibility.

I'm trying to understand what I have just learned. So some sort of browser based code or binary was discovered in equations for super-string theory. I have a few questions since I am very confused.

If code was created by Claude Shannon in the 1940's, then how could it be in this code? Does this mean that maybe this person just discovered the existing code instead of create it? Can this be tested or is it all just theoretical?

Finally, if these class of block linear self dual error self correcting codes exist and later string theory is found real, what does this mean for the whole picture? Could reality be some sort of virtual reality or maybe something else?

Maybe some of these cant be answered but I'd like some insight and opinions either way.

Thanks for this. It's great! We live in a giant computer, awesome.

To answer your question briefly, he's comparing the code he's finding, to browser code because of the error-correcting nature of browser network communication. It is not literally code written by Shannon or designed by Shannon. It looks very close to it in those regards. Browsers have become things everyone can relate to, and extensively use checksums (error correction) in the background as well as encoding and decoding (translating what is sent to binary code and back). He says the work is less than 2 years old so it's highly theoretical at the moment. If at the most fundamental level of the universe lies error-correcting code as well as encoding of information, that would raise the very real question of whether we live in a computer or not. His work could be delving into the world of numerology which is a dangerous route (un-scientific: look at a set of random numbers long enough, and you'll find meaning).

Edited by ranrod