Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Vancouver Area Teen's Suicide

sarah_444

Doesn't have to though. Punishment could be being made to go to family therapy sessions. The point is, while a child is still in the legal care of their guardian / parent, the guardian / parent take full responsibility for the child. If there is a bullying issue and enough evidence to support that negative, aggressive, anti social behaviour is rife in that family, no matter 'who' is causing it or being a role model for it, then it can only benefit the whole family to treat the issue as a family.

How are you going to ensure the family goes to the therapy sessions is the first problem. People are generally busy and will not like having to take time out of their day to go to therapy for something they did not do or consider wrong. That means the only way to guarantee that people will go to therapy is to have a punishment for not going. No matter which way you try it will always end the same, either nothing will happen or extensive legal battles.

You did not address the problem of the state being brought into the house. Do we really want the government to decide what is considered appropriate and good for a family.

It was the other way around, the drugs and alcohol abuse came as a result of experiencing severe anxiety, depression and panic attacks. She admits a couple of times to making a mistake etc, but no one can ever estimate the potential damage that can be caused emotionally or mentally. The drugs and alcohol abuse came as a secondary issue to try and self medicate the anxiety from the trauma of going through the bullying and being stalked the first time around by the male.. The whole example of this poor girls downfall, details exactly how poor self esteem and self worth goes on to affect judgements and the choices made but just because she was in a low place doesn't excuse anyone else's part in it or their bad behaviour for using her/ bullying her.

Maybe I misunderstood what she wrote but she first said she had anxiety, depression, and panic attacks then got on drugs and alcohol and her anxiety got worse. I took that to mean that the drugs and alcohol made her condition worse. Either way it does not change the fact that she still got on drugs and alcohol and there is no telling how much damage the drugs and alcohol did to her which she clearly brought on herself.

As I said I do not have enough evidence for this but I feel that she had the low self esteem and self worth problems before the bullying even started. She flashed a person she did not know because of some compliments, got into drugs and alcohol, and then gets involved with a guy who has a girlfriend when things started to get better for her. All of these seem to point to problems with self esteem and self worth. The bullying may of brought these problems to the surface but it doesn't change the fact they already existed and anything could of started this chain of events and stopping the bullying wouldn't of fixed these problems.

We don't know that, she could have blocked and ignored many things. I just wanted to add in here though, that even if she had completely deleted her account it wouldn't have stopped this guy, or man, or whoever he is from doing what he did. He went out of his way to create his own page about her with screenshots taken from his webcam, listing all of her friends and school information.

You are right that we do not know for sure, as you said she could of blocked and ignored many things, but the fact that she says she saw the post and pictures leads me to believe that she did little to no blocking since if you block a person you see nothing from them. You are right again that blocking or deleting her account wouldn't of stopped that guy from making that page, but if she would of contacted the owners of the site she could of got the page deleted and the person banned because he broke at least two terms of use agreements if not more and once you add in the stalking, harassment, and probably slander could of got the guy arrested for sure.

This should be the easiest crime in the world to prove. If it's primarily accomplished via internet then there is a permanent record of every statement - date, time and location of device it came from. The laws should be changed such that in a case where a child kills themselves SOMEONE is held criminally liable.

• Like 1

I think this is so unimaginably wrong, but I also think that parents need to talk to their children about sexting, inappropriate pictures and general behavior in our new technologically advanced society. Don't get me wrong, there is never any excuse for bullying, but I do believe in a lot of cases it could have been avoided if the parents would have sat down and talked to their children about these issues. Judging from the facebook pages of a lot of my daughter's friends, I would say this is a conversation that is not happening often enough.

Just wanted to edit to add often enough.

Edited by FurthurBB

Bullying is an issue but it seems like everyone is ignoring the fact that she flashed her chest on webcam. Why do kids think this is okay? Is it because all of the celebs do it? Every week there are pics of some celeb that got hacked of them naked. KEEP YOUR DAMN CLOTHES ON. Some people have no respect for themselves or they think "not me" or "not my boyfriend, he loves me, he would never do that." Let alone showing someone you do not know on the internet. Have you guys seen high school girls these days? They just can't show enough skin...We have a serious cultural issue going on and we need to stop supporting it. It is horrible that this girl took her own life from the bullying but I imagine anyone that has naked pictures of themsleves out there get bullied.

I think everyone shares some of the blame...her parents for not talking with her and raising her better, her for flashing on webcam, the guy for posting the pictures, and the kids that bullied her to the point that she took her own life.

• Like 2

Bullying is an issue but it seems like everyone is ignoring the fact that she flashed her chest on webcam. Why do kids think this is okay? Is it because all of the celebs do it? Every week there are pics of some celeb that got hacked of them naked. KEEP YOUR DAMN CLOTHES ON. Some people have no respect for themselves or they think "not me" or "not my boyfriend, he loves me, he would never do that." Let alone showing someone you do not know on the internet. Have you guys seen high school girls these days? They just can't show enough skin...We have a serious cultural issue going on and we need to stop supporting it. It is horrible that this girl took her own life from the bullying but I imagine anyone that has naked pictures of themsleves out there get bullied.

I think everyone shares some of the blame...her parents for not talking with her and raising her better, her for flashing on webcam, the guy for posting the pictures, and the kids that bullied her to the point that she took her own life.

I don't think anyone is ignoring the mistakes she made. The fact is though, everybody makes stupid mistakes and it doesn't mean that you deserve to be beat up or tormented daily for it.

Edited by sarah_444
  • Like 2

[/size][/color][/b]

I don't think anyone is ignoring the mistakes she made. The fact is though, everybody makes stupid mistakes and it doesn't mean that you deserve to be beat up or tormented daily for it.

No, it doesn't...but sadly, that is how people are. That happens to some kids that do NOTHING to deserve it.

Sorry but don't ever rely on your child telling you just because they say they would. A bullied person goes into a different / altered mindset from their normal esteem level, a stress level that may see and dictate things differently. For many kids admitting they need help or asking for help from their parents is a complex stressful task. Depends on the relationship, but parents may be the last to know anything because the kid fears disappointing or causing the parent pain. It's talks regarding the more in depth emotions and mental states and plan of action on how the parent would react/support the situation that could make the bigger difference.

Maybe because I am a single mom, but, we have a closer relationship. I also have her friends confiding in me. So, yeah, I do have faith in my daughter discussing things with me. We went through her being bullied once already and she knows that mom will step in and get the school involved to rectify the situation. I was bullied myself, so I know the mindset and that is why I make sure that my daughter is aware that we can't just take it, we must stop it.

• Like 1

So full of hate, to celebrate the death of a child. :no:

I know, I don't get it. I have really disliked people in my life, but never ever wanted to see them die. And I most definitely wouldn't get on a site and put down a complete stranger who killed herself. They are definitley lacking in humanity IMO.

• Like 1

Was it true she was bullying people and threatening them?

Not knowing her or her peers personally I can't say. I haven't heard anything like that reported in the news before though.

Was it true she was bullying people and threatening them?

from all that I read, no, it is not true. There are a lot of people who are throwing accusations and nasty comments her way and this is causing a lot of problems with the RCMP trying to investigate. I love how so many people try to blame the victim for being bullied/abused.

• Like 1