Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Identifying how people steal your energy

Professor T

Read the links/articles given, they are relative.

No, I don't joke and what exactly do you find "disgusting"?

I can only imagine Your Belief System . . . one of ignorance and fear? (just guessing)

Lol, I read the articals.. Was hoping for a bit more info to be honest..

What I find disgusting is that at it's core the act or principle of predatory spirituality is the outright intentional theft of energy.. It destructive on three levels that I'm aware of, but am sure it's destructive on many others that I'm not aware of.. It's a short cut, it's taking from others instead of learning to gather or develop your own.. It's the low road.. I can't imagine what that does to the victim, or the person taking the energy. But I just cannot sit here and think of any long-term benefits from such a soul destroying practice?

I don't think my belief system as anything to do with my current view on this either... ignorance?... perhaps.. if a lack of understanding or experience of predatory spirituality is what you mean. would I like to understand it a bit more? yes.. would I like to experience it? hell no! because like I said.. it's destructive, and I prefer balance.. I don't think fear has anything to do with it either..

Edited by Professor T
  • Like 1

You speak of Karma? That doesn't exist just as many other silly ideas of religion don't.

If you that helps you sleep at night no probs.

But I speak much more plainly of cause and effect, when the thief gets arrested and faces the magistrate the wave of public opinion is with the law and it is considered justice that he pays for his crime by the masses who feel victimised and threatened by the taker. If you are a taker in terms of energy and therefore leave others lacking in energy that wave will rise and react, it will be a distinctly negative reaction (possibly due to the inferior energies left behind? who knows), as I said nothing comes for free it just seems that way, the piper does get paid every effect had it's cause, that's not specifically "karma" that's just 1 + 1 = 2.

• Like 2

How can we harness this energy?

You speak of Karma? That doesn't exist just as many other silly ideas of religion don't.

Hey, I think all this 'vampire stuff' (physical and/or spiritual) doesn't exist.

Cause and effect, now that's another issue completely. What comes around does indeed go around. Lie, cheat, steal, treat people badly...you'll end up suffering in the long run.

• Like 4

Interesting. So...what makes you think that everyone else's ideas are wrong but yours is valid?

Kind of sounds like some Christians (and their various flavors) who feel that all other religions are wrong/stupid but theirs is the only "right" one even though theirs are based on similar precepts.

• Like 1

Interesting. So...what makes you think that everyone else's ideas are wrong but yours is valid?

Kind of sounds like some Christians (and their various flavors) who feel that all other religions are wrong/stupid but theirs is the only "right" one even though theirs are based on similar precepts.

I don't, I just state my opinions with weight.

I look forward to what other people have to say, but if I disagree with it, I'm going to say so.

I look forward to what other people have to say, but if I disagree with it, I'm going to say so.

Exactly what weight did you have to your statement other than saying that the ideas of other religions are "silly"?

Just wondering.

• Like 1

Hey, I think all this 'vampire stuff' (physical and/or spiritual) doesn't exist.

Cause and effect, now that's another issue completely. What comes around does indeed go around. Lie, cheat, steal, treat people badly...you'll end up suffering in the long run.

Cause and effect is not exactly Karma. It is the result of something, for instance if someone were to shoot me I would probably be dead. Being dead is the effect, being shot was the cause . . . if no one catches this person, then there isn't any retribution and/or punishment.

Some people get away with murder, innocent children suffer, etc.

How Karma falls apart in my eyes is having attached to it the belief in good & evil, both of which are subjective and not universal principles. One man's good is another man's evil and vice versa.

Exactly what weight did you have to your statement other than saying that the ideas of other religions are "silly"?

Just wondering.

I don't know you tell me? Why are some people stressing over what I say, what makes them think I believe my opinions to be the law?

no one can steal your energy. you give it or you don't.

the same with your emotions - no one can make you feel sad or happy or angry. you allow it.

• Like 2

I don't know you tell me?

Good grief kid. Since you made the initial statement then claimed you had weight behind it, all I want to know is what weight, other than your opinion you had regarding said statement.

I'm not you so YOU tell me.

Edited by Ryu
  • Like 2

What I find disgusting is that at it's core the act or principle of predatory spirituality is the outright intentional theft of energy..
You are entitled to your disgust :devil:
It destructive on three levels that I'm aware of, but am sure it's destructive on many others that I'm not aware of.. It's a short cut, it's taking from others instead of learning to gather or develop your own.. It's the low road.. I can't imagine what that does to the victim, or the person taking the energy. But I just cannot sit here and think of any long-term benefits from such a soul destroying practice?
It's not a "short cut", it adding extra energy to your system to be used in ritual practice. It does nothing to the "victim", who replenishes their energy quickly. It doesn't destroy the soul either, what makes you think it would?

When you deliberately and knowingly take something from another for purely self serving reasons without regard to permission or whether it causes harm then I see no redeeming value in such a dubious practice.

• Like 4

no one can steal your energy. you give it or you don't.

the same with your emotions - no one can make you feel sad or happy or angry. you allow it.

Nah, energy can be taken and given, emotions can be seduced by another. Plenty of things and people make you sad, happy, angry, etc.
  • Like 1

Good grief kid. Since you made the initial statement then claimed you had weight behind it, all I want to know is what weight, other than your opinion you had regarding said statement.

I'm not you so YOU tell me.

Kid? LOL 52 yr old child is more like it!

Point out which statement you have in mind and I'll see if I can answer you. (is this really necessary?)

When you deliberately and knowingly take something from another for purely self serving reasons without regard to permission or whether it causes harm then I see no redeeming value in such a dubious practice.

Not everyone does that, most of us have partners and the practice is more along the lines of Tantra, but the usual Left Hand practice involves the energy of powerful archetypes in ritual.

This is what you had stated when you said this:

All I am asking you is to explain what "weight" you had behind this statement because to me it reads like any other statement. It is your opinion for sure but what what else is behind it besides opinion? Is there a reason? Something to add to your view other than a vague statement that has been seen hundreds of times before?

Edited by Ryu
  • Like 1

This is what you had stated when you said this:

All I am asking you is to explain what "weight" you had behind this statement because to me it reads like any other statement. It is your opinion for sure but what what else is behind it besides opinion? Is there a reason? Something to add to your view other than a vague statement that has been seen hundreds of times before?

This is really a tedious non-productive discourse but here goes:

This began with - Etu Malku, on 16 November 2012 - 11:06 PM, said:

Ryu, on 17 November 2012 - 03:07 PM, said -

Interesting. So...what makes you think that everyone else's ideas are wrong but yours is valid? Kind of sounds like some Christians (and their various flavors) who feel that all other religions are wrong/stupid but theirs is the only "right" one even though theirs are based on similar precepts.

And I -

I don't, I just state my opinions with weight. I look forward to what other people have to say, but if I disagree with it, I'm going to say so.

To answer your question then, the weight of my statement "You speak of Karma? That doesn't exist just as many other silly ideas of religion don't" is that I am opining without the desire for argument because I am right and have even explained Karma & Cause and Effect later on.

What stresses you so much when I reply as if I know the truth? This is the weight I am talking about, nothing more.

What stresses you so much when I reply as if I know the truth? This is the weight I am talking about, nothing more.

Please do not patronize me. I asked a very simple and straight-forward question and you finally answered. Thanks

Edited by Ryu
  • Like 2

Nah, energy can be taken and given, emotions can be seduced by another. Plenty of things and people make you sad, happy, angry, etc.

your comment regarding being able to take energy without the other's consent is absolutely false.

plenty of things are sad or joyous or stressful. that does not automatically mean you have to react in a 'predictable' way to these influences.

you are the boss of your own self. that includes your energy and your emotional reactions. it may seem as though someone can take these things or cause these things in another, but that is an illusion - one i would daresay is 'ego driven' in the one who thinks they're doing the controlling lol. a person has to allow themselves to be manipulated.

you may not realize you're giving permission, but you are by your knee jerk reaction to what goes on outside yourself, rather than taking a proactive approach to how you feel.

Edited by JGirl
  • Like 2

Does everyone fall under one of these categories, or do some people not do this?

If you are talking about the control dramas, then the most likely answer is yes.. But in saying that, people can learn to understand them, and not use them at all.

1. POOR ME

The “Poor Me” is a passive-aggressive and the most secretly manipulative of the four styles. This person will portray a false sense of being a victim in order to appeal to another person’s compassion, guilt or obligation through the manipulation of their sympathies.

2. ALOOF

The “Aloof” is just a less passive and manipulative than the “Poor Me,” but more secretive. The “Aloof” approach is to create a vagueness and facade around themselves, forcing an undeserved investment of energy to gain information, commitment and emotion which should normally be shared in a straight-up, direct way.

3. INTERROGATOR

More aggressive but less manipulative than the two passive-secretive types, the “Interrogator” uses this style of drama by evaluating and asking questions with the specific purpose of finding something wrong or corrupt.

4. INTIMIDATOR

“Intimidators” are the most aggressive of the four types. Their presence is well stated and felt and there is a threatening air of danger conveyed from them. They are unpredictable and can threaten, use harsh words and abusive actions uncontrollably. They will demonstrate a capacity for rage or violence.

people can steal your energy, quite easily.. there are some people though that have a guard around their energy where its impossible to read them or take from them..

affirmations are good at blocking people taking from you.. " i refuse to let anyone take or use my energy in any way, shape or form" and "i return all stolen energy of mine with filtered, infinte love on multiple levels and dimensions".. these are affirmations people should say daily/often.. just as its easy for people to steal from you, its just as easy to retrieve it..

i sent back energy a while ago, that people had given me, unknowing to me at the time.. i was quite sick and so very kind people gave me energy of theirs (i doubt they were aware of it).. so when i sent anything that wasnt mine back i got to see who did that.. people are kind.. we are all energy.. so there are huge energy transactions taking place all day..

the people who take energy from others (energy vampires) are the ones to be careful of.. stear clear.. nothing good comes from doing that.. if life force energy is the desire, there are arts like qigong that train you how to master that which is free in the universe, and not that of another.. my biggest issue in this life, have been people that are energy dumpers.. still, i have somone close to me who dumps on me all their stress and toxic waste.. that is a much bigger problem than people taking energy from you..

edited for bad typo.. shame on me..

Edited by with bells on
  • Like 1

people can steal your energy, quite easily.. there are some people though that have a guard around their energy where its impossible to read them or take from them..

affirmations are good at blocking people taking from you.. " i refuse to let anyone take or use my energy in any way, shape or form" and "i return all stolen energy of mine with filtered, infinte love on multiple levels and dimensions".. these are affirmations people should say daily/often.. just as its easy for people to steal from you, its just as easy to retrieve it..

i sent back energy a while ago, that people had given me, unknowing to me at the time.. i was quite sick and so very kind people gave me energy of theirs (i doubt they were aware of it).. so when i sent anything that wasnt mine back i got to see who did that.. people are kind.. we are all energy.. so there are huge energy transactions taking place all day..

the people who take energy from others (energy vampires) are the ones to be careful of.. stear clear.. nothing good comes from doing that.. if life force energy is the desire, there are arts like qigong that train you how to master that which is free in the universe, and not that of another.. my biggest issue in this life, have been people that are energy dumpers.. still, i have somone close to me who dumps on me all their stress and toxic waste.. that is a much bigger problem than people taking energy from you..

edited for bad typo.. shame on me..

can you please explain to me how these so called energy vampires steal one's energy? what exactly do they do to achieve this?

• Like 1

your comment regarding being able to take energy without the other's consent is absolutely false.

plenty of things are sad or joyous or stressful. that does not automatically mean you have to react in a 'predictable' way to these influences.

you are the boss of your own self. that includes your energy and your emotional reactions. it may seem as though someone can take these things or cause these things in another, but that is an illusion - one i would daresay is 'ego driven' in the one who thinks they're doing the controlling lol. a person has to allow themselves to be manipulated.

you may not realize you're giving permission, but you are by your knee jerk reaction to what goes on outside yourself, rather than taking a proactive approach to how you feel.

Perhaps you are in control of yourself and I applaud you if you are, but don't make the mistake of assuming everyone else is . . . en mass they are not.

If you have not practiced with your subtle energy then it can easily be removed by someone who is wee versed in its manipulation.