Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rho Cassiopeiae may go nova soon

j6p

A massive and very unstable star in our galaxy is likely to explode into a cataclysmic supernova any day, astronomers have predicted.

The giant star, known as Rho Cassiopeiae, was first observed shedding a huge mass of material three years ago by the Isaac Newton Group of Telescopes.

user posted image View: Full Article | Source: ABC News

Edited by Magikman

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• j6p

• Saru

• Magikman

• Homer

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent article J6, I'm going to move it to the News & Recent Discoveries section so it posts to the main page. smile.gif

Thanks Magikman, I'll get the hang of this posting some day.

PS. I was wondering if you or someone else could do me a favor and let me know how to reach a moderator, yourself or some one else, because I have a few ideas that I would like to bounce off you. Nothing heavy, just some fun stuff.

If this is out of line please disregard this note. Also if I should post my thoughts here on the BB then thats ok too. Let me know OK. Thanks again "M"

Guest PinballWizard

J6P,

No, not out of line at all. If you would like to make some suggestions, SaRuMaN (Gareth) would be the one to contact, as he is the website administrator and founder of Unexplained Mysteries. smile.gif Just click on his name and you will bring up his member profile, then click on the 'Private Message' link, which will allow you to send him an Instant Message. He is on line several times a day, so he will see it almost immediately. He is always interested in feedback from forum members, and would appreciate any suggestions you may have.

Magikman cool.gif

J6,

I'm always open to all ideas and suggestions for the site and forum, feel free to let me know what you've come up with.

smile.gif