Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Evil Dead Remake

Simbi Laveau

Remakes. Been so many. Most missed the mark but some hit home. And its not only the cult classics like Evil Dead, but the classic classics like King Kong and The Wizard Of Oz as well. I guess in Money Wood, nothing is sacred. I wonder how long it will be before Citizen Kane or Gone With The Wind are presented slammed full of CGI. Actually I'm surprized they haven't done The Rocky Horror Picture Show yet or eek! The Exorcist.

As far as Bruce Campbell, I think he's great at what he does. He nailed Army of Darkness. Any one catch Bubba Ho-tep? And I was glad to hear the new evil dead had such a great opening weekend. America does love its gore. Personaly, I'll wait for the DVD and watch it with a beer and a dubby.

I happen to be a fan of Bubba Ho-tep. I thought Bruce did a great job of acting.

• Like 2

I happen to be a fan of Bubba Ho-tep. I thought Bruce did a great job of acting.

LOOOOVED bubba ho tep!

• Like 1

I actually saw Bubba in the theater when it was first released. Still waiting for Bubba nosferatu . There's even a BN facebook fan page,begging he make it .

I recently watched the oriGinal Evil Dead. It was more funny than scary and so very gory. I don't think I will see the remake, just the trailer in the theater was enough to gross me out.

Evil Dead, the original, was awesome..... part from the play doh special effects that is.

Or, come to think of it, maybe it had sort of a 80ies charm.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I'm watching Evil Dead II right now - I'm about to watch Army of Darkness once it's done.

I'm a huge Evil Dead fan because my 34 year old brother is a horror movie enthusiast.

Like someone mentioned, the first Evil Dead was primarily a horror movie..

Back in 1980, however, it was super controversial because of some scenes.

Like the pencil in the tendon. Or the tree-rape.

The low-budget makes it seem campy in comparison; it's a 33 year old movie, expect it to be campy.

Evil Dead II shows a different side of Ash; he's a little braver. The lack of the original characters kind of threw me off, so I view the Evil Dead II as a sort of remake/spiritual sequel. The actress who plays Linda, his girlfriend, is even different.

In Army of Darkness he solidifies his B-list super status..

As for the Evil Dead remake, the whole heroin sub-plot sort of threw me off..

I liked how it was a good homage to the original... But it tried a little too hard.

Edited by Hatake Kakashi
  • Like 1

I own the originals and wasn't expecting to like the remake much, but I did.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

As expected the new Evil dead had nothing of the original movies charm.... goory and creepy maybe, but not even close to the first 3.

• Like 1