Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

some help explaining this

calzord1

hi i was wondering if some one could explain what i saw today.at around 16.45 (uk time) i saw this almost perfect circle in the sky. it was there for 20 minutes without changing and then dissapated very quickly. i saw it appear so cant be a vapour trail from a plane because i would of seen and heard the plane. so any suggestions as to what it might be would be greatly welcomed. thanks

post-102037-0-86293000-1350335762_thumb.

• Like 1

As with this one in Mexico, there are people who would say that something punched a hole in the clouds, although it was not seen.

article-1266846817868-086A4CD7000005DC-265520_636x438.jpg

• Like 1

A fallstreak hole, also known as a hole punch cloud, punch hole cloud, skypunch, canal cloud or cloud hole, is a large circular gap that can appear in cirrocumulus or altocumulusclouds. Such holes are formed when the water temperature in the clouds is below freezing but the water has not frozen yet due to the lack of ice nucleation particles (see supercooled water). When a ice crystals do form it will set off a domino effect, due to the Bergeron process, causing the water droplets around the crystals to evaporate: this leaves a large, often circular, hole in the cloud.[1]

It is believed that the introduction of large numbers of tiny ice crystals into the cloud layer sets off this domino effect of evaporation which creates the hole. The ice crystals can be formed by passing aircraft which often have a large reduction in pressure behind the wing- or propellor-tips. This cools the air very quickly, and can produce a ribbon of ice crystals trailing in the aircraft's wake. These ice crystals find themselves surrounded by droplets, grow quickly by the Begeron process, causing the droplets to evaporate and creating a hole with brush-like streaks of ice crystals below it. The articles by Westbrook and Davies (2010)[2] and Heymsfield et al (2010) [3] explain the process in more detail, and show some observations of their microphysics and dynamics. Such clouds are not unique to any one geographic area and have been photographed from many places.

Because of their rarity and unusual appearance, as well as very little exposure in media, fallstreak holes are often mistaken for or attributed to unidentified flying objects.[4]

http://en.wikipedia....Fallstreak_hole

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 2

I've seen some strange cloud formations but never seen one like that. Thanks for posting.

Nature can create interesting symmetrical shape. One example is snowflakes. I doubt this has anything to do with ET. Does it appeared quickly or slowly forming. And does it dissipate slowly like regular cloud? If it appeared in a flash, then there's something to it.

It's a circular cloud formation. Clouds often make strange looking shapes depending on the conditions. There are some that look remarkably like flying saucers but in the Andes, I think it was, they are not uncommon.

the-goatse-cloud-formation-cefjgijn.jpg

simply a smoke ring. i can just make out what looks like a chimney in the foreground.

simply a smoke ring. i can just make out what looks like a chimney in the foreground.

Yeah.... :no:

I certainly do hope that you're joking...

Yeah.... :no:

I certainly do hope that you're joking...

lol

To me it looks like an imperfection of some sort on a window. One could reasonably take several pictures from various angles as long as it's within the parameters of the window. It would be more convincing if photographs from different vantage points (it was visible for a relatively long time) existed. Seems in 20 minutes the one person who saw this took 2 pictures a few feet apart. To me that seems a little odd.

Here is a hint.......READ THE ENTIRE THREAD BEFORE REPLYING.....I know, I know, some say " you can't expect people to read all replies "....

Well, they should, I do, others do....

To those whom do not, this has been answered on this reply, on this topic, page 1.......... http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=235931entry4503225

Edited by Sakari

id4-ship.jpg

Yes! lol Exactly it! That was perfect!