Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

has anyone been to the queen mary?

skydivingstars

I lived in long beach where the ship is for a few years and went there pretty often but not nearly as much as i'd have liked to. i had a few experiences that i couldn't really explain there, but i've never actually seen anything.

i'm just wondering if anyone has ever been there and had any experiences worth sharing. i'm going there to visit at the end of the month and i'd love to find out about places on the ship, certain rooms or places that might be worth going to.

i'm so excited about going either way, i've just heard such fascinating stories about the ship and i can only hope that eventually i'll have one of those mind-blowing experiences with 'the other side'.

What did you experience?

I saw a ghost once, nothing exciting or scary it was my cat right after she died. She came into the living room through the window, jumped on the couch then to the floor, stopped to sniff tools in the floor then down the hall she went and I never saw her again.

Edited by Hilander

I spent the night when I was younger but don't remember much.

But I went there for my dads christmas work party and one of his friends took a pic and you can see what looks like a kid standing behind a guy in a sailor looking outfit. Its creepy.

I lived in long beach where the ship is for a few years and went there pretty often but not nearly as much as i'd have liked to. i had a few experiences that i couldn't really explain there, but i've never actually seen anything.

i'm just wondering if anyone has ever been there and had any experiences worth sharing. i'm going there to visit at the end of the month and i'd love to find out about places on the ship, certain rooms or places that might be worth going to.

i'm so excited about going either way, i've just heard such fascinating stories about the ship and i can only hope that eventually i'll have one of those mind-blowing experiences with 'the other side'.

Seen it a couple of times when I was a kid, wasn't too exciting. But I was a kid at the time.

http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=6079

• 2 weeks later...

There's a 2005 episode of Most Haunted where they visited the Queen Mary, a former British ocean liner and WWII veteran (she was used as a troopship) who is now spending her days in retirement in California.

At one stage they investigated the swimming pool area. Today the pool is empty but there is a ghostly little girl which has been seen and heard at all times of the night near and around the pool where she died many years ago. To this day the sound of her splashing around in the pool is heard and even mysterious wet footprints have been seen leading away from the pool area even though there is no water in the pool.

When the Most Haunted team visited the pool area the medium, Derek Acorah, picked up on the little girl and they even saw, and filmed, the mysterious wet footprints. You can see the footage below.

[media=]

[/media]

The Queen Mary is considered by paranormal enthusiasts to be one of the top six haunted places in the world and is said to have over 600 spirits.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun

Awh, I want to see the queen mary! Wouldnt mind going to New York on the QM2 but thats another story.

I wish Derek Acorah was a ghost.

I was there when i was a kid the tour guide did say there might be ghosts..but the place did have a creepy feel where the soliders stayed..

My dad has been a couple of times but reports no spooky experiences, I'm afraid!

I wish Derek Acorah was a ghost.

Ethyl loves Derek!

Ethyl loves Derek!

Ethyl loves Derek!

• Like 1

been there, cool to walk around in...save your money and do not go on the ghost tour. I usually go on the tours to learn history and stuff like that...well this being so close to hollywood it was no surprise that the entire thing is filled with special effects at the pool, boiler room..etc.

Ethyl loves Derek!

Ethyl loves Derek!

Ethyl loves Derek!

Doo doo head!

well, i went there on saturday and left on tuesday.... the ship itself had the same eerie feeling, gave me weird vibes again the second i stepped onto it. unfortunately my godfather and i did pay to go on the 'ghosts and legends' tour, which was an effing joke. they completely redid it so that it's the cheesiest, most ridiculous effects and it only lasts about ten minutes. they changed the tour so that the most haunted places on the ship are no longer included, they say for 'safety reasons'. i asked a few people who worked on the tours about why they changed it so much and apparently the ship is under new management and the new owners are supposedly all about the profit. if there really are spirits on that ship, i bet they're pretty p***ed off. they pretty much just turned it all into an amusement park and are trying to make as much money as possible by creating stories simply for profit.

so frustrating.

• Like 1