Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shadow people

Tarnibritan

ok so someone on this site posted a image of their house from google street view where you can see a image of a face so I thought I will do the same of the house where I lived many years ago and saw a shadow man and I found a strange sort of figure in the window on the right hand side above the down stairs window with the bars where that use to be my bedroom were I also saw the shadow man. If you type this address in google street view ( 1 Yonge Park

Finsbury Park, London Borough of Islington, London N4 3NU ) its the green house.

Now it might be nothing but if you zoom in it does look kind of strange.

ok so someone on this site posted a image of their house from google street view where you can see a image of a face so I thought I will do the same of the house where I lived many years ago and saw a shadow man and I found a strange sort of figure in the window on the right hand side above the down stairs window with the bars where that use to be my bedroom were I also saw the shadow man. If you type this address in google street view ( 1 Yonge Park

Finsbury Park, London Borough of Islington, London N4 3NU ) its the green house.

Now it might be nothing but if you zoom in it does look kind of strange.

Psst...add the picture. It will get more responses. Not many ppl will look up the address, but if you put the pic in, Bob's your uncle!

Edited by coldethyl

I always think on google street view, the faceless curse they cast on the people walking around is creepier than any supposed spirit caught in a window *shudder*

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

New guy here. I've been lurking on this site for a few hours, and found that I'd try my hand at talking to others about their thoughts or beliefs towards unexplained anomalies.

That being said, this topic pertaining to a watchful entity seen by few intrigues me. I have no formed opinion on the matter yet, as I've yet to seen any reason to believe claims, but won't disregard anyone's claims yet, either. I really am just wondering about the experience itself by those who claim to have seen these entities. Would anyone care to share specifically what went on in their heads at the time?

(My Opinion Only) The vast majority of cases of shadow people seem to come from real world causes. The most common are mis identified actual shadows... Then there are those that re reported in medical journals by patients suffering from alzheimers, dementia, and schizoprehnia... Some reports simply are eye conditions like floaters or detached retina's... Others from an active mind deprived of sleep... Drugs... etc... Then there are the few cases where you can rule out all all the physical, psychological, and medical causes and are made by impecable witnesses. These reports make me curious if there really is something more than just misidentification going on...

Jackofalltrades. Don't worry about a photo. The sceptics will say it's photo shopped or a camera malfunction with out really looking at it

• Like 1

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone would be able to enlighten me a little on the topic of shadow people?

Are they ghosts trying to take another form or possibly something else entirely. I guess im just curious as the most recent ive seen one was a few weeks ago-where i live, I saw a tall shadow of a person walk out of the katchen-turn to look at me and then walk out the front door :blush:

The first time was years ago at my Grandmothers house when i thought i saw my sister walk into the laundry and i went to go and talk to her, but no-one was there, they tend to move so quick and i find them quite alarming.

Any opinions are welcome as to what you think they might be (or your own personal encounters)

Thanks Tarni

hi tarni

im sorry i have only seen your post now, i have posted about shadow people only yestarday about if shadow people can mimic a haunting because ive had similar experiences as yourself and more it seems as if my house is haunted but we see shadows not ghosts as such .

• 1 year later...

From those that I've seen (and I have seen many), the only ones that seem to show up are most certainly malevolent. They vary in height, but are more often human height, but the ones I see always have some sort of physical anomaly. Their arms are too long or too short, sometimes even different lengths, their torsos are disproportionate, their heads are too big or too small, sometimes their legs are different lengths as well, or their limbs are thicker or thinner than they should be. I've never seen one alone. There's always between two and ten at a time. I'll see them in the corners of my eyes, then look over, only for them to have vanished. When I look back, they get closer and closer. They don't stand near anything, they're clear out in the open. I know that they're coming after me. I can feel it in the air. They never appear inside a building, at least the ones I've seen. It's as if the walls around me block them out, that only being outside leaves me vulnerable to whatever intentions they have with me. I thought they were gone a few months back, but now they're back, and even closer than before. I can't even stay in one place outside at night for fear that they're going to lash out and take me away. I've seen them in dreams, too, always with some sort of ill intent. To sum it up, they follow me, flock to me, and they're after me.

Edited by unquakeable

• 2 weeks later...

i remember seeing something like this once at night near my windowsill popped up then disappear.

A shadow of a man wearing a coat. He seemed of bulky built and yes i remember he wore a hat too.

I do not live on ground floor so cant be a real man.. It could not be construction workers as it was night time..

the shape of the hat looked something like that..

http://cdn.business2...013/03/Hat3.png

http://img4.wikia.no.../Cowboy_hat.png

i was screaming to my brother sleeping next to me... " the shadow man"

anyway i saw "the shadow man" only once when i was a child..

Edited by Electrika

did i ask you for pictures? actually i don't recall asking you for anything.

my post was in reference to the idea that because there is a thread with 75 or more posts of people with this experience that it must lend some credence to it being a real entity. i was simply pointing out that there are other threads with many posts where other claims are made by many people as well. it does not add any validity to whether the phenomenon is hoaxed, real, whether it has a scientific or medical cause, or whether it is just superstitious nonsense.

if you want to say something exists and you want others to take that seriously you need to show empirical evidence that supports your claim. otherwise you are telling a story, do you understand that?

your taking a picture or video would be interesting but in itself would also not be proof. it's too easy to manipulate. so, when i suggest proof i am talking about incontrovertible proof.

i have yet to see a full on shadow person.

Though i did have a smokey black hand inches away from my face once.

Very frightened, i was.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Ive seen them too. Im told it was a dream. Seemed vivid and real. Even the limited explanations seemed to make sense. That said, I cant find anything online to support one. The area being targetted was responsible for sleep regulation and optics but (accordinh to the dream anyway) theres apparently another region nearby which when over stimulated results in feelings of evil, fear and oppression?

Not a nice sensation. I could move at least and it was a nice night when they took me out. The air was crisp and cool bit still. Light frost on the ground and bright moonlight with a clear sky.

I do find myself laughing at the arguments. To some extent we should all keep an open mind. Those arguing how scientific they are, and how certain they are right would do well to remember a similarly inclined group of scientists who once proclaimed there was no such thing as oxygen. Some died making their point.

I've just been looking this up online. Seems there are many many forums about this. Current estimates online are that at least 1 in 10 have seen them. Ive mentioned this in the past before and would personally put it closer to 1 in 6 based on people I've spoken to first hand.

Of course these numbers mean nothing. It would be no less credible if only one person had experienced it. Those woth active imaginations would hurry to embrace the idea. The unintellectual scientists would instantly dismiss the notion as being too improbable. The rest would remain curious and try to make more srnse of it.

I have heard of several theories regarding shadow people, ranging from them being "evil souls" to "beings from another dimension".

I lean toward the dimensional traveler theory myself.

An interesting take of the shadow people phenomenon:

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4175

The conclusion:

These experiences are weird, and can be scary. But they're also fascinating, once-in-a-lifetime opportunities to experience the true power of your brain. To conclude that it's a supernatural being is to rob yourself of the real wonder of what's probably happening. Faith in the supernatural offers you nothing better than an implausible and ignorant supposition that stifles further understanding, while the willingness to accept science gives you a whole universe without limits.

Really? I think you rob yourself of the real wonder that's probably happening thinking science explains it. You rob yourself when you completely remove the supernatural. Not that you should out right dismiss either.

When I was a kid,there were no such things as shadow people,or the hatman .

I knew all the lore ,and these are relatively new ,in the total scheme of things .

So they do not register for me. No one I know has ever seen either .

Sorry but that just not true. People have seen shadow people going back a very long time. I saw the cloud shadow type, before I knew anything about any of this. It isn't just a pop culture thing.

Here's one caught on film. Of course the Septic (Latin for rot) minded skeptics will say it's fake.

tumblr_mj5nzg54qe1qg39ewo2_500.gif

• Like 2

i have yet to see a full on shadow person.

Though i did have a smokey black hand inches away from my face once.

Very frightened, i was.

Details?
  • Like 1

Um folks.... Keep in mind how old this thread is. Some people are quoting things that are years old, and some of the members might not be around to reply. Let's not necropost, keep it relevant :)

Details?

i was trying to sleep one morning after working the night shift.

i felt myself slipping into sleep paralysis and went with it.

First i heard laughing, then talking.

3 voices, 2 were fast and cartoony, the third was just evil.

i heard "you know i could kill you if i wanted to."

i got my eyes to fludder open for just a second or two, that's when i saw this shadow hand in my face, like it was going to palm my face like a basketball.

i woke up, heart racing, and in amazement of how it all seemed so real.

Nothing like that since and that was about a year ago.

Now, all i get is the feeling like someone is pressing on the edge of the bed.

Or in the case that happend last night, jumping on the corner of the bed.

Here's one caught on film. Of course the Septic (Latin for rot) minded skeptics will say it's fake.

Isn't that Nosferatu?

(Sorry 'bout the like, unlike, like of the post. Itchy trigger finger.)

Isn't that Nosferatu?

(Sorry 'bout the like, unlike, like of the post. Itchy trigger finger.)

Nosferatu is Shadows People too.

• Like 1

Shadow people are pareidolia gone to town with shadows, coupled with humans being generally very jumpy. I have not been presented any evidence on the contrary.

• Like 1

Nosferatu is Shadows People too.

That's not fake, it's a real Shadowof aMan.

Edited by Hudds
  • Like 1