Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Guy Hacks into NASA and Pentagon Computers

stevemagegod

I think one of these is the case:

1/ The government know that there really is no UFO cover up and so let him off cause they know he knows nothing

or

2/ He made a deal to keep quiet about everything in exchange for freedom..

I think the same as you, number 2

Frankly, if the US really had information as suggested here, it would not be on computers connected to the internet, but on computers not connected to the internet - that is how security is maintained. You don't have a bunch of top secret files of this caliber on what is essentially unsecured computers.

True.

There would be extreme measures of security that do work on computers containing such files. You just don't have the computer hooked up to the internet. That's what I mean. You can't hack into that.

Exactly, you preempted me :P

Cheers,

Badeskov

Edited by badeskov

That would actually be one of the most unique securty measure, nice idea... i am in computers and all never thought about that one ^^.

Uhhh.... that's called an intranet, as opposed to internet. Been around for years.

Some intranets, mostly high-level government top-secret stuff, have absolutely no connection to the internet.

When the officials do need internet access, they used different computers.

The ONLY way to get info off that is via thumb drive, stealing the hardrive/computer, etc...

Frankly, if the US really had information as suggested here, it would not be on computers connected to the internet, but on computers not connected to the internet - that is how security is maintained. You don't have a bunch of top secret files of this caliber on what is essentially unsecured computers.

The UFO records I was shown were definitely not on the Internet, but then no such thing existed back then.

I do not know what agency or organization is really in charge of them, but I can definitely tell you that someone is--or at least they were way back then. They seemed to have the UFO records from many different agencies, including the FBI, CIA, DIA, the Army, and so on. At least they had copies of them.

I have always thought that what I saw was part of the real UFO investigation, whatever it was really called, but we know from the record that it certainly existed at a very highly classified level. All of those UFO records were certainly going SOMEWHERE, and it sure wasn't Blue Book. LOL

Edited by TheMacGuffin
  • Like 1

The UFO records I was shown were definitely not on the Internet, but then no such thing existed back then.

I do not know what agency or organization is really in charge of them, but I can definitely tell you that someone is--or at least they were way back then. They seemed to have the UFO records from many different agencies, including the FBI, CIA, DIA, the Army, and so on. At least they had copies of them.

I have always thought that what I saw was part of the real UFO investigation, whatever it was really called, but we know from the record that it certainly existed at a very highly classified level. All of those UFO records were certainly going SOMEWHERE, and it sure wasn't Blue Book. LOL

Back some years I worked at an "elite" golf club for 20 years.

One of our members at that time was a retired FBI special agent.

Anyway, I took the time one day to gently ask him if he had ever seen or been made aware of anything really strange during his carreer regarding regarding ET UFO's or the paranormal.

He put on a big smile on his face and said "Yeah"

He did not elaborate, and I got the immediate impression that he did not want to elaborate. So, I did not ask him more, and he went off golfing.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

HI McGuffin

I understand why you might support him, but I do understand Information Technology rather well. I go back to the days when Windows was a twinkle in Bill Gates eye and I was using UNIX systems.

And I still do. UNIX is as good as it gets IMHO.

What he says makes no sense at all, it is more than obvious that he is making his story up on the fly. In fact I guarantee he is making it up. There is not a chance in hell that he could have got to all the information he said he would, and not have hundreds of copies ready to save his backside. He claims to be a computer admin, and as such, he also knows that his information is not only easily backed up in a dozen countries, where no US official can touch him, and backups would exist by default, He could have told the press how to get the jump on those who caught him and tell them where to look in his records for it.

Sorry MacGuff, this bloke is absolutely full of it from every angle. He broke the law and picked a soft target to cover his backside for him. I am more sure of this case than any other. Not one thing he has said rings true from an IT perspective.

I have to agree with this... coming from some one who works within the realm of the government, especially on the security side of things. This story is full of holes on so many levels... When you sit down at a desk and are given a computer, that computer is leased to you. The first thing you have to do is register it on the domain by inputting a user name and password. Those leasing the machines are not given an option, especially on secure networks. Its not like these guys bring their personal computers in and are setup and ready to go. Any "classified" or "confidential" information is kept not on their computers but on servers... you would have to gain access to their servers... which I can promise you are not left wide open. Even the most basic of government systems (ill use JPAS for this example, its a government server that houses the clearances levels and info on EVERYONE with a government issued security clearance). In order to log into JPAS you have always had to have an issued username and password that rotated from time to time... and those restrictions have gotten tighter... in order to log in now you have to have a certified PKI certificate. So, like I said... full of holes..

Edit: heh, guess I should have checked the date on the posts... im still asleep me thinks...

Edited by Dredimus
  • Like 1

Back some years I worked at an "elite" golf club for 20 years.

One of our members at that time was a retired FBI special agent.

Anyway, I took the time one day to gently ask him if he had ever seen or been made aware of anything really strange during his carreer regarding regarding ET UFO's or the paranormal.

He put on a big smile on his face and said "Yeah"

He did not elaborate, and I got the immediate impression that he did not want to elaborate. So, I did not ask him more, and he went off golfing.

That's very similar to my situation, except I got a whole lot more than a "Yeah".

Sometimes I wish I never heard it. It took me a while to accept it.

I am convinced that guys like McG and Jim O. have a couple of cards up their sleeve that they're not showing.

The facts are out there, it's just everyone has one or two pieces of the puzzle.

edited for spelling

Edited by synchronomy

I personally think he never hacked into anything in the first place. He might have tried but the US probably monitors everyone and their computers and he probably got traced in his attempt to hack. All the hoopla was just scare tactics and trying to make an example of him to future would be hackers. He may have technically broken the law by his hacking attempts but it is no different than having the government spying on its citizens and monitoring our internet use. I doubt he was privy to any sensitive information other than emberassing the laxness of some of the government web sites. For really important information I doubt they would be using windows systems. Either way the government is just as guilty for hacking into citizens computers or monitoring their web usage as he was to enter their computer. Just my opinion.

That's very similar to my situation, except I got a whole lot more than a "Yeah".

Sometimes I wish I never heard it. It took me a while to accept it.

I am convinced that guys like McG and Jim O. have a couple of cards up their sleeve that they're not showing.

The facts are out there, it's just everyone has one or two pieces of the puzzle.

edited for spelling

I have always sensed there is more to our reality than what we know as 'real'. I just wish I knew what it was, but I am not sure I want to know. But I am sure that the government would not put ANY sensitive information on their computers acessible to the internet. I rather think they have another system which is ONLY for internal use between their various departments.

THe Matrix returns to us in Full dreaming Color ! Take the purple dot Walter ! ITs all a dream !

Uhhh.... that's called an intranet, as opposed to internet. Been around for years.

Some intranets, mostly high-level government top-secret stuff, have absolutely no connection to the internet.

When the officials do need internet access, they used different computers.

The ONLY way to get info off that is via thumb drive, stealing the hardrive/computer, etc...

Do you maybe think that this intranet is some sort of sub network to WWW... like a private secured network accesible only by certain IDs from gov. officals?

They still can access the internet but through diffrent way?

I haven't read many discussions of several decades-old government security tricks that could account for a lot of the stories going around.

The more recent one involves creating on-line or physical archive 'honey traps' of sexy-sounding file names and special access areas, designed to attract hackers and then hold them on line long enough for tracer functions to locate their home points and IDs.

The older technique, to monitor the 'leakiness' of any organization, is to create imaginary 'tracer' rumors and then monitor how quickly and widely the story actually spread by word of mouth. The more plausible the rumor, or course, the easier it was believed, and then gossipped about.

Lastly, there are deliberately deceptive cover stories. A guy I knew in the AF Weapons Lab who did 'Broken Arrow' exercises used one story to make sure local law enforcement agencies who assisted in access control to remote worksites, to prevent local populations from being scared of 'radioactive contamination' from the accidentally-dropped nuke material [even the simulated drops, which is all he ever did]. He told them -- and he swore them to secrecy -- that his group was picking up a crashed flying saucer. This was in the 1971-2 time frame, and the technique could have been already a 'classic' for decades, and was probably used for years afterwards.

It worked,. Nobody passed on the rumors of radioactive contamination.

Edited by JimOberg

If you do not have it anymore, I consider it stolen.

What?!

The correct term for that is "lost". Not stolen.

Something cannot be stolen unless it is proven that someone took it without permission. He did not take anything.

Lastly, there are deliberately deceptive cover stories. A guy I knew in the AF Weapons Lab who did 'Broken Arrow' exercises used one story to make sure local law enforcement agencies who assisted in access control to remote worksites, to prevent local populations from being scared of 'radioactive contamination' from the accidentally-dropped nuke material [even the simulated drops, which is all he ever did]. He told them -- and he swore them to secrecy -- that his group was picking up a crashed flying saucer. This was in the 1971-2 time frame, and the technique could have been already a 'classic' for decades, and was probably used for years afterwards.

It worked,. Nobody passed on the rumors of radioactive contamination.

Maybe that's why the first announcement from the military about Roswell, was that a "flying saucer" had crashed. When it went a bit wild in the news media, they said it was a balloon.

In my mind, it was very likely a Mogul balloon train they were trying to cover up.

Music intro to NASA underground servers :D

• Like 1

One thing about his supposed list of Officers from another world is that the document could have been for someone roleplaying, writing fiction or even just reading a book. I know that I sometime make lists of stuff at work for roleplaying games I do with friends. And when I used to play WOW, I'd make lists of people who I considered safe, or friends. And I can imagine someone doing something similar while building up information and making an outline for a sci-fi book. I just think this because if someone cracked into my work desktop and looked at the word docs and excel sheets they would see some fairly exotic looking stuff. So it seems to reason that other do that too.

Read/watch all the interviews, he didn't break into them, he exploited idiotic officials that lack the basic skills to have a password or two. You wouldn't leave a credit card lying around with no signature on the card or no pin. so why would you do it to "TOP SECRET" files/folders. I think they jumped up so much because a person that is "mentally challenge" bent them over which hurts anyone's pride let alone hurting the pride of several government officials.

I believe Gary Mckinnon's story. People covering things up were caught with their pants down. What's cool is Gary Mckinnon got away with it which is a big F U to the United States Government and that's a big plus IMO.

"A NASA photographic expert said that there was a Building 8 at Johnson Space Center where they regularly airbrushed out images of UFOs from the high-resolution satellite imaging. I logged on to NASA and was able to access this department. They had huge, high-resolution images stored in their picture files. They had filtered and unfiltered, or processed and unprocessed, files.

My dial up 56K connection was very slow trying to download one of these picture files. As this was happening, I had remote control of their desktop, and by adjusting it to 4-bit color and low screen resolution, I was able to briefly see one of these pictures. It was a silvery, cigar-shaped object with geodesic spheres on either side. There were no visible seams or riveting. There was no reference to the size of the object and the picture was taken presumably by a satellite looking down on it. The object didn't look manmade or anything like what we have created. Because I was using a Java application, I could only get a screen shot of the picture -- it did not go into my temporary internet files. At my crowning moment, someone at NASA discovered what I was doing and I was disconnected." -- Gary McKinnon

Some interesting info here regarding Building 8:

04.gif

At left is the White Sands Complex located in the high desert of New Mexico. This is where all the data and signals from the various TDRS's, and ground stations around the world, comes together.

This facility is reputed to be in two very separate parts. One is said to be a giant underground complex operated by the US Air Force. The above ground portion is run by NASA.

I'm told by discreet contacts that everything goes through the military side for review before being released to the NASA part of the complex. From there, Shuttle and ISSy data is sent on to the Johnson Space Center, Building 8, in Houston Texas. From Building 8, the feed goes to Mission Control Center, and ends at the desk of the INCO. He has last word on what goes out on NASA Select TV. Secrecy is, of course, the order of the day every day. Even so, some strange video still gets past them all.

12.jpg

(Saved 28 Sept. 2000) This web page illustrates how the Space Command installation accomplishes it's mission of tracking the Shuttle, and various satellites. It also demonstrates how they can relay communications to the NASA Mission Control Center in Houston, Texas by way of the White Sands Complex.

From NASA:

White Sands Test Facility

For all the data that satellites gather to be of any use, it has to be sent back to Earth. Antenna dishes at the White Sands Test Facility, close to the foot of the San Andres Mountains outside Las Cruces, N.M., are just part of NASA's ground-based ways of "talking" to orbiting spacecraft and collecting their data.

NASA originally chartered the White Sands facility in the 1960s to test rocket engines and other manned spaceflight components. The area's mild weather (hence, a lessened chance of weather-related signal interference) made the complex an ideal home for the dishes as well. The first missions to use these antennas were the Goddard-managed Solar Dynamics Observatory and Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter.

NASA's Johnson Space Center in Houston manages the overall White Sands complex, which also includes facilities operated by Goddard.

Edited by topsecretresearch

The Goddard Solar Dynamics & Lunar & Deep Space Radar systems out there actually do know a bit more than is let out to Joe Plumber ! :gun:

Just dont tell where you heard this !

Let's review Gary McKinnon's description of the UFO and see how it compares to what others observe:

"A NASA photographic expert said that there was a Building 8 at Johnson Space Center where they regularly airbrushed out images of UFOs from the high-resolution satellite imaging. I logged on to NASA and was able to access this department. They had huge, high-resolution images stored in their picture files. They had filtered and unfiltered, or processed and unprocessed, files.

My dial up 56K connection was very slow trying to download one of these picture files. As this was happening, I had remote control of their desktop, and by adjusting it to 4-bit color and low screen resolution, I was able to briefly see one of these pictures. It was a silvery, cigar-shaped object with geodesic spheres on either side. There were no visible seams or riveting. There was no reference to the size of the object and the picture was taken presumably by a satellite looking down on it. The object didn't look manmade or anything like what we have created. Because I was using a Java application, I could only get a screen shot of the picture -- it did not go into my temporary internet files. At my crowning moment, someone at NASA discovered what I was doing and I was disconnected." -- Gary McKinnon

"It was a silvery, cigar-shaped object with geodesic spheres on either side. There were no visible seams or riveting."

Common description in Cigar-shape UFO reports:

• Metallic
  • No seams/riveting
  • Portholes/row of light

UFO Cases Catalog: Cigar

Source: http://www.ufoeviden...p?section=Cigar

National UFO Reporting Center: CIGAR

Source: http://www.nuforc.or.../ndxsCigar.html

formeo13-1.jpg

Recent cases:

MUFON Case #37893

Cylinder_UFO-1-SW.jpg

Cylinder_UFO-2-SW.jpg

Edited by topsecretresearch
  • Like 1

Recent cases:

MUFON Case #37893

Cylinder_UFO-1-SW.jpg

Cylinder_UFO-2-SW.jpg

Cool. They look like good cargo or passenger carrying craft. Maybe if they are gravity powered we can get a easy way to get people into orbit.

Thanks, this is interesting, because it's just Donna Hare's story, embellished. What McKinnon has obviously done is read the Hare story in the UFO media, and then 'me-tooed' himself into the narrative with an elaborate confabulation based on it.

McKinnon's fakery is exposed by the sad fact that Hare's original story is preposterous, for reasons i've posted elsewhere. Either she was the naive victim of teasing by co-workers who knew of her enthusiasm for UFO contactee stories, or she dreamed it all up. That can be determined because the photographs she described -- hi-resolution surface images in which you could see shadows of trees, and even the raised tails of alarmed cows as they were being mutilated, were phsucally impossible in NASA image archives in that period. She claimed the photos were being santized for public sale -- but if so, where are they? Where is a SINGLE NASA-sold photo from that period in which tree shadows were discernable?

There aren't any.

Thanks, this is interesting, because it's just Donna Hare's story, embellished. What McKinnon has obviously done is read the Hare story in the UFO media, and then 'me-tooed' himself into the narrative with an elaborate confabulation based on it.

Imaginative theory...if perhaps a bit too contrived. One wonders if you're trying so hard to offer some semblance of logic but instead come off sounding loony.

Kinda hard to portray McKinnon as a confabulator of elaborate fantasy when he's also described by NASA as the most dangerous hacker of all time, don't you think?

Edited by hacktorp