Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange things

fawkes2

Recently l have had a few weird occurrences. My tv that l bought last year has been working great but the past few months something odd has been happening. I would have the tv on low and l would leave the room for a few minutes and all of a sudden l would hear the tv full blast. I go back to the room and the tv volume goes down to the level l had it on. I have checked the wiring and everything is fine. This only happens when I'm not in the room and no one else is in the room either.

I do not know what is happening.

is it during the commercials? i know that commercials are sometimes broadcast louder than the program is. (that's because they know darned well you've left the room to get a snack or something lol)

• Like 4

is it during the commercials? i know that commercials are sometimes broadcast louder than the program is. (that's because they know darned well you've left the room to get a snack or something lol)

I was just thinking that while i was reading her post

No, it is when the program is on.

Why are you leaving while the program is still on? That's madness! j/k

• Like 5

Sounds like somebody next door has a universal remote and is effing with your head, sir. When you say you "checked the wiring" what do you mean? You popped open your almost new - year old TV and being an expert in TV construction and electronics you went through all the wires with a voltage meter to see if there were any faults or shorts?

• Like 2

Sounds like somebody next door has a universal remote and is effing with your head, sir. When you say you "checked the wiring" what do you mean? You popped open your almost new - year old TV and being an expert in TV construction and electronics you went through all the wires with a voltage meter to see if there were any faults or shorts?

my guess is that he is referring to the house wiring, not the tv wiring. in any case wiring is not going to interfere with the volume. either you will have power or you won't.

The History Channel is notorious for this. Drives me nuts.

• Like 1

The History Channel is notorious for this. Drives me nuts.

on the rare occasion that i watch television i hold the remote so i can immediately mute commericials. i joke about having only so much room left in my brain and i sure don't want to fill it with advertisements!

• Like 2

Recently l have had a few weird occurrences. My tv that l bought last year has been working great but the past few months something odd has been happening. I would have the tv on low and l would leave the room for a few minutes and all of a sudden l would hear the tv full blast. I go back to the room and the tv volume goes down to the level l had it on.

Your television is broken. Contact the manufacturer.

What are the other occurrences?

Recently l have had a few weird occurrences. My tv that l bought last year has been working great but the past few months something odd has been happening. I would have the tv on low and l would leave the room for a few minutes and all of a sudden l would hear the tv full blast. I go back to the room and the tv volume goes down to the level l had it on. I have checked the wiring and everything is fine. This only happens when I'm not in the room and no one else is in the room either.

You have checked the wiring - meaning what exactly? Are you a TV/electronics engineer or had the TV checked by such?

The other experience l have had in the past.

One that had happen to me. One night l was walking down the hallway towards the bathroom when l seen my dad standing by my niece's crib (my dad past away earlier that year.) I looked away and looked back and he was gone.

A few months later l could hear footsteps just outside of my bedroom. I went out of my room yelling " who's there. " l got no answer. I searched every room and nobody but myself where there.

• Like 1

I forgot to mention. When l said check the wiring l just mean the cable cord and the cable to the TV.

Edited by fawkes2

Sounds a little like what happened at my friends house. He has lived there all his life and it's an interesting place, several bizarre things have happened. Anyhoo one night around 2am he is woken by the television in the living room on full blast, everyone is in bed, he thinks someone is in there, perhaps a little drunk and merry. He shuffles down the steps and the TV actually turns itself RIGHT down as he approaches the door (no commercials, some documentary about the ocean) and he goes in, it has turned off. That's really strange so I can understand your confusion! I suppose electronic malfunction is a possibility but just as unlikely as a spirit intefering with the living's TV set! :w00t:

• Like 1

It could be due to an "intermittent fault" on the tv...

http://en.wikipedia....ermittent_fault

The most likely cause is a "dry joint" on the sound board in the tv....

post-132279-0-40560300-1350523149_thumb.

Pic of a typical "dry joint"....

It is also possible it could be a component (capacitor, resistor etc) that is overheating, after the television has warmed up/been on for a while

• Like 1

I guess if its out of the norm then it could be. Maybe something more concrete like a blender turning on or doors slamming. What make it apart is how daring it is. If it does it with only 1 person then its more of a cowardly force, however if does something around a group of people then it is trully powerful.

Sounds a little like what happened at my friends house. He has lived there all his life and it's an interesting place, several bizarre things have happened. Anyhoo one night around 2am he is woken by the television in the living room on full blast, everyone is in bed, he thinks someone is in there, perhaps a little drunk and merry. He shuffles down the steps and the TV actually turns itself RIGHT down as he approaches the door (no commercials, some documentary about the ocean) and he goes in, it has turned off. That's really strange so I can understand your confusion! I suppose electronic malfunction is a possibility but just as unlikely as a spirit intefering with the living's TV set! :w00t:

The Emergency Broadcast System will do something like this to cable boxes. If you have them muted, they will automatically unmute and turn to the EBS channel. Since my cable company likes to do their EBS tests in the middle of the night, I've learned to turn everything off before I go to bed. The test is loud and it leaves the box on whatever channel the signal switched it to.

• Like 2

I'd say that since we have real documented, irrefutable evidence that TVs can have electrical malfunctions and zero irrefutable evidence for the existence of ghosts and spirits it is infinitely MORE likely that a TV is experiencing an electrical malfunction than it is for the TV to be experiencing being tampered with by a spirit or ghost.

Edited by orangepeaceful79
  • Like 2

Even though I do believe that Ghost's/Spirit's etc exist, through having various encounter's of my own, I do believe that the OP can be explained satisfactorily by my previous post on page 1

The fault's that I have posted in my previous post is common on electrical equipment, especially television's, due to the heat they produce while being operated/used

It is more than likely an intermittent fault/malfunction of the television in question, rather than of Spirit or Ghost playing around with it or the OP...

• Like 1

I'd say that since we have real documented, irrefutable evidence that TVs can have electrical malfunctions and zero irrefutable evidence for the existence of ghosts and spirits it is infinitely MORE likely that a TV is experiencing an electrical malfunction than it is for the TV to be experiencing being tampered with by a spirit or ghost.

Orange baby ,I love ya .The day will come when a ghost is going to scare the bejesus out of you ,and make you a believer . I just feel it in my bones.

That being said ,my DVD player is my little scamp,and its done this with count em,three different machines ,over 8 years.

The TV did something weird maybe twice ,but not like my DVD player . My guest likes movies . I think its my mom quite honestly ,but I had always hoped she's moved on.

I think she stays to watch over me though .

Orange baby ,I love ya .The day will come when a ghost is going to scare the bejesus out of you ,and make you a believer . I just feel it in my bones.

That being said ,my DVD player is my little scamp,and its done this with count em,three different machines ,over 8 years.

The TV did something weird maybe twice ,but not like my DVD player . My guest likes movies . I think its my mom quite honestly ,but I had always hoped she's moved on.

I think she stays to watch over me though .

Just telling what I know to be true thus far. I kinda hope you are right. I wouldn't mind being a believer based on something as convincing as a personal experience apparently is for so many other people. Until then I have to go about my business accepting the only other thing i think is true. Good old irrefutable, proven evidence.

Its not a perfect arrangement, but its the only thing that makes sense up in my own personal brainpan. I just can't take things on faith alone, and without evidence or experience thats all I'd have left would be faith.

What kinda movies does your guest prefer? Do ghosts care or are they just thrilled everytime they can get the ol' "messin with the TV" trick to work right? ;)

• Like 1

This evening another occurrence happened,

I was in another room that is beside my room. I was talking with my sister when all of a sudden we heard the tv in my room go loud again and then quite again. I went to my room and the tv was shut off.

The werid thing about this is that before l left my room. I did not have the tv on.

Edited by fawkes2

This evening another occurrence happened,

I was in another room that is beside my room. I was talking with my sister when all of a sudden we heard the tv in my room go loud again and then quite again. I went to my room and the tv was shut off.

The werid thing about this is that before l left my room. I did not have the tv on.

Did You bang or jump around on the floor etc ?

If it is a intermittent fault, then that can be caused by vibration's (walking on floor, or banging etc) on the floor or surface that You have the television on or in close proximity to it...

Sometime's You could walk on the floor, and not notice anything happen to the TV for 5 or 10 min's, does not have to happen straightaway for an intermittent fault

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intermittent_fault

Anything that is controlled by IR can sometime's react to outside IR signals from sources other than their own remote control...

Maybe one of Your neighbour's has either the same model TV that You have, or an electrical item that is remote controlled, that is interfering with Your TV... (I have seen that happen on various occassion's)

I am not stating that You have not got a ghost/spirit, just that I know a little bit about electronic's and have repaired various electrical item's (including TV's)and it seem's more than likely to be a faulty TV

I would investigate the TV for fault's (by someone that is qualified) before jumping to the conclusion You have a ghost/spirit in Your house

• 2 weeks later...

i had another happening with the tv, i was watching it and it went loud and the screen froze for a few seconds then went normal again.

I'm going to get it the tv checked out soon.

• Like 1

Please save energy when electrical equipments are not in use, switch off the switch near the socket, it will look like this, dont just switch off by remote .

250899.jpg

and its in OFF position,

TV malfunction may even switch on tv if power supply is there, when you cut off the power supply physically and even if the TV starts by itself or the switch becomes ON by itself then its time to check all windows . doors whether any intruder , pet is doing this and finally call a priest.