Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What Does the Way You Walk Say about You?

Still Waters

First impressions are powerful and are formed in all sorts of social settings, from job interviews and first dates to court rooms and classrooms. We regularly make snap judgments about others, deciding whether people are trustworthy, confident, extraverted, likable, and more. Although we have all heard the old adage, “don’t judge a book by its cover,” we do just that. And at the same time that we are judging others, we in turn communicate a great deal of information about ourselves – often unwittingly – that others use to size us up.

http://www.scientifi...k-say-about-you

When I was in jail my walk was very popular lol. They called it The Shag Swag (my nickname was Shaggy in jail) They told me that I had "the chillest" walk & that I walked like always had music playing in my head & that I didn't have a care in the world.

Edited by Biff Wellington
  • Like 2

In some ways, it says so much. Like wow, that guy is drunk, or this woman is very conifident, or **** he may have a gun. Yet over the years i realize, a walk is either a ego in motion. Or, the great spirit moving through time and space.

Depends if I have my massive high heels on and have been walking around in them for a while - people would think why is she walking in those shoes when clearly she is unable to

With that blue hair & fur coat, I can see it. Now respond "Shut up ho! I know it!"

Edited by Biff Wellington

I noticed a tendency at my old job.

Hourly guys....the more money they made - the slower they walked. Lower the pay, faster they walked.

Management on the other hand....middle management walked slow. They werent going anywhere. Upper management, and the lowest peons...moved fast. Higher ups to make themselves look important, lower ones...well...to keep their jobs...

• Like 1

Hobble along just hobble,dont be eager just hobble.

Move your hips and hands but not your shoulders or head. Steady your gaze before you in the distance and not on the ground. Keep your hands free and if you have to use a backpack then use both straps. If you want to walk faster then take small steps at a rapid pace intead of long strides as fast as you can. Remember to focus on your breath.

Elegance is being as genuine to your own body as possible so it fits well just as with clothes.

Being tall (6'3") I've always had a long stride, and as a kid I liked to see how fast I could walk without looking like one of those walk racers (who I thought looked really goofy)... As a result I still walk fast (though I'm starting to slow down a bit)... Add to that my father always made me walk with my shoulders back and not 'slouching' and a career in the Army helped with that ... so I still walk that way as well... Occasionally I get remarks on my posture (about the only compliments I get these days :( ) and I am always thankful to my dad for my posture and the fact that I never have back aches...